Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint & St.Blazey Pitches

Chairman, you still present yourself as a figurehead of St Blazey and are here to be shot at on this forum even if you aren't even the actual "Chairman" of St Blazey FC. So, what the hell is going on down there? No doubt you have been through similar bad times at the club, but

can you ever recall such a low point as now and the potential of St Blazey FC playing in the

SWPL West and ECPL Div 1? I sense you have some burning opinions towards the current

regime since your removal of Chairman. Care to share your thoughts?

Chairman, you still present yourself as a figurehead of St Blazey and are here to be shot at on this forum even if you aren't even the actual "Chairman" of St Blazey FC. So, what the hell is going on down there? No doubt you have been through similar bad times at the club, but

can you ever recall such a low point as now and the potential of St Blazey FC playing in the

SWPL West and ECPL Div 1? I sense you have some burning opinions towards the current

regime since your removal of Chairman. Care to share your thoughts?

I do not attempt to present myself as any sort of spokesman for St Blazey FC and I doubt that anyone using this forum thinks that I do since I lost my position as Chairman.

No-one with any feelings for the club will be enjoying the current situation and would be hoping for signs that enough people are working behind the scenes to salvage the football mess.It cannot have been easy being left at the last minute with no Manager and few players,though we survived that many years ago when Phil Towle stood down and players refused to play.This was overcome by everyone pulling together,including Reserves playing Firsts' fixtures. In my opinion,

the Committee should not have allowed the current situation to develop as it was more or less common knowledge that Glyn would not stay on and therefore steps to replace him should have been started mid season.

However,the club has no alternative but to tough it out again and call on the real St Blazey faithfull to stick together.The thought of relegation should spur everyone on to work for the club and try to regain some of its former glory.

With their Cornwall Senior Cup games postponed this week now set for the coming mid-week,will these Clubs try and postpone to-morrows ECPL games in order to "save" the pitch for the Senior Cup?

After two dry days, the pitch is perfectly playable today and so no justification to call todays ECPL match off.

All we can hope is it doesnt cut up too bad, combined with not too much of the wet stuff Mon/Tue/Wed.

That way the ground staff have a chance of getting it in a fit state to play the CSC tie.

Thanks for coming on and clearing that up Chairman. Slightly confused though re your statement about the club being "left at the last minute with no manager" and with "a footballing mess" as you then contradict yourself somewhat by stating that it was "common knowledge that Glyn would not stay on and therefore the club should have taken steps to replace him". Either I am confused, you are confused or you're just having a dig at the current decision makers at the Club which no longer includes yourself. Or maybe all 3!! Perhaps you will tell?

Also some of the Blazey players last season told me that Glynn informed the chairman of his decision early in May after ongoing discussions with the club which I assume is where the "common knowledge" arrived from. History suggests that managers & clubs often part company at the end of the season, which in my book is May. Seems to be alot of finger pointing and not alot of people prepared to take much responsibilty for St Blazeys demise in my opinion.

Torpoint do have a scattering of some very good players, but unfortunately for them not all have been available throughout the season (injuries, suspensions, unavailability etc).

In my opinion, they do need to strengthen in one or two areas, and could sneak into the top 8 come end of the season.

Im certainly not knocking the players they have done a great job lifting off the bottom but it seems like the club is just standing still not strengthening the team and seem to be waiting for the last minute for a manager.whilst they stand still the rest of the clubs seem to be adding and improving on what they have and personally worried that the stronger clubs will feed off the talent we do have remaining like beginning of the season thus ending up back at the bottom.

Torpoint do have a scattering of some very good players, but unfortunately for them not all have been available throughout the season (injuries, suspensions, unavailability etc).

In my opinion, they do need to strengthen in one or two areas, and could sneak into the top 8 come end of the season.

Im certainly not knocking the players they have done a great job lifting off the bottom but it seems like the club is just standing still not strengthening the team and seem to be waiting for the last minute for a manager.whilst they stand still the rest of the clubs seem to be adding and improving on what they have and personally worried that the stronger clubs will feed off the talent we do have remaining like beginning of the season thus ending up back at the bottom.

Agree but the players that have not been swayed to leave will give the team a good solid base to build on and shows their commitment to the club.

With regards to the manager position i think the two in charge at the moment have done very well considering the circumstances, getting the right results at the present would seem of more importance that putting a manager in place for next season.