Cornwall Football Forum

Credit Where Credit is Due

Mangle

Flying the flag for the English Premier League in Europe's premier football competition (Champions League) for the 14th year in a row is it?

Presently holding the record for the most consecutive (uninterrupted) years in the flight English football league (since 1919 I believe).

Remain the only team in Premier League history to go through a whole season unbeaten.

Hold the record for the longest run of undefeated league games (49 I believe).

Up the Gunners!!

Yes, Jasa. Point well made. Arsenal fans are lucky. Consistent at being a great club. Unfortunately, that does not mean a trophy every year. There is such a fine line between success and failure these days.

Would I want to be a Birmingham fan, trophy last year, but followed by relegation, lose manager, crap season etc etc? Or do I prefer being an Arsenal fan, no trophy last year, but quarter finals of the League Cup, fighting for a top 4 finish in the Premier League, in the last 16 of the Champions League etc etc? Hmmm, no contest!!

• 2 months later...

Yes, Jasa. Point well made. Arsenal fans are lucky. Consistent at being a great club. Unfortunately, that does not mean a trophy every year. There is such a fine line between success and failure these days.

Would I want to be a Birmingham fan, trophy last year, but followed by relegation, lose manager, crap season etc etc? Or do I prefer being an Arsenal fan, no trophy last year, but quarter finals of the League Cup, fighting for a top 4 finish in the Premier League, in the last 16 of the Champions League etc etc? Hmmm, no contest!!

At least Birmingham have won a trophy. Being in the Champions league 1/4 finals does not win you trophys either. But will say on a good run since your humiliation in Milan. Looking good for a top 4 finish, again. But are you honestly happy with that ? Like Liverpool and with the players we have got and Arsensa havel, I expect both these Clubs at least having a go at winning the Premiership.

At least Birmingham have won a trophy. Being in the Champions league 1/4 finals does not win you trophys either. But will say on a good run since your humiliation in Milan. Looking good for a top 4 finish, again. But are you honestly happy with that ? Like Liverpool and with the players we have got and Arsensa havel, I expect both these Clubs at least having a go at winning the Premiership.

No, happy cannot be the word to describe the feeling. Winning a trophy makes you happy. But let's face it, there are 4 trophies on offer every year (assuming you are playing in one of the European competitions). There is also a "target" of 4th in the PL to get CL qualification. Would you sacrifice all other trophies and targets for a win in the League Cup? You would qualify for the Europa League. But would you? I think its difficult to know what a successful year is these days. Not winning anything but finishing PL top 4 has to be ok. Nothing more that that. Not something to be happy about, but content with perhaps.

Who are the scum playing this weekend.

Sorry I forgot.Its F.A.Cup quarter finals.

The scum cant win trophies,so they got no game.

Arsenal have already played 44 games this season. Spurs will be playing in their 42nd game of the season at the weekend whilst the magnificant Gunners will be having a well-earned rest. I suppose we must have been a little more successful than you so far this season having played more games? You will recall your pathetic performance in the Europa League? It is about winning trophies, I agree. To my knowledge, Liverpool are the only team that have won something so far this season. I know that Arseanl will not win anything this season, and Spurs are still going in the FA Cup, a good competition to win. Tell me, this is a sensible question, so please try to use your "normal" braincell when replying as opposed to your scatty one, would you prefer to win the FA Cup and finish outside the top 4, or stay with a top 4 finish and not win the FA Cup? I know that you would want to win the FA Cup and stay in the top 4, but what is more important. It is the dilema that Harry will be facing now when he looks at the forthcoming league matches, fitness of players and so on. Trying to juggle everything and get the best end result is very difficult.

Success is no longer trophies! its about bringing money into the football club, and therefore qualifying for the Champions League qualification round in 4th spot is deemed a success.

Football is no longer about the sport, its about the business

Totally agree with you on this one. The genuine spectator are missing out to corporate. Been to Anfield many times and you see people walking around in suits, no scarfs, just people in suites who do not have a clue about football, just a load of hangers on.

Personally give me a trophy(s) and if you get a top 4 finish, great season

Arsenal have already played 44 games this season. Spurs will be playing in their 42nd game of the season at the weekend whilst the magnificant Gunners will be having a well-earned rest. I suppose we must have been a little more successful than you so far this season having played more games? You will recall your pathetic performance in the Europa League? It is about winning trophies, I agree. To my knowledge, Liverpool are the only team that have won something so far this season. I know that Arseanl will not win anything this season, and Spurs are still going in the FA Cup, a good competition to win. Tell me, this is a sensible question, so please try to use your "normal" braincell when replying as opposed to your scatty one, would you prefer to win the FA Cup and finish outside the top 4, or stay with a top 4 finish and not win the FA Cup? I know that you would want to win the FA Cup and stay in the top 4, but what is more important. It is the dilema that Harry will be facing now when he looks at the forthcoming league matches, fitness of players and so on. Trying to juggle everything and get the best end result is very difficult.

Top 4 finish.Always been the target.F.A.Cup is a bonus.

Got to finish now .My brain cell is hurting.

It has been quoted on a few occasions,that a Top 4 finish has always been Harry,s priority.

But now the F,A,Cup draw has been kind to Spurs ,I think Harry will give it his best shot.

Mangle ,Im afraid your stats,dont change much.

7 years and waiting.

It's almost ironic that your teams priority is to finish Top 4, which means not winning a trophy, but you poke fun at the fact that Arsenal have not won a trophy for 7 years, but have finished in the Top 4 every year since 1994/95. So Arsenal have enjoyed 17 years of obtaining your teams "objective".

Top 4 finish.Always been the target.F.A.Cup is a bonus.

Got to finish now .My brain cell is hurting.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.

No credit from this neck of the woods.

You are a bunch of jammy scummers.

Out played by Liverpool,and a last minute winner.

5th minute injury time winner against Newcastle.

Perfectly good goal,ruled out for Everton.

Just having the rub of the green.

I will return,to rub your noses in the dirt at the end of the season.

Mangle & gillo 10, I think we've hit a raw nerve with spurfect!

Thing is, he/she likes to dish out the unsavoury comments about Arsenal, so has to be prepared for the backlash, I say!

I agree though Mangle, there's a long way to go till the end of the season, and we'll just have to wait and see the outcome.