Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland Athletic

Well done The Committee !

Visiting teams to Homers Heath such as QPR, PAFC, TUFC and Taunton Town all commented on what fantastic facilities BAFC have, and I think it makes logical sense for the move.

It now has to be gained as I think a top two position is required but from what I have been told the TWPL will take Buckland if they finish in the top 5 ( as long as no one else applies for promotion and there are two feeder leagues of course ), It will then be up to the SWPL to approve this ?? I gather however, that they are not too keen on this.

From the SWPL Forum :

Seems Buckland have a challenger.....

"Whilst delighted that Buckland Athletic have applied to go up I should also state that the deadline for applications is not until 31st December and I believe that at least one other member club will also be applying for the same promotion. I will release that clubs name when I have it officially in writing. "

This is just what the Peninsula league needs to establish it's credibility . For far too long clubs in this League have hid behind travelling expenses and distances as a reason to stay as big fish in a small pond ,hopefully clubs in the East and West Division will also stop imagining bogeymen and make the jump to the Premier Division as well when they are entitled to ( Camelford did , and seem to be more than holding their own ).This is, after all , one of the reasons why the league was formed .With each passing season with teams refusing promotions it was starting to feel just as stale as the old South Western League .

Well done to Buckland for giving it a go , now you just need to get your season going to achieve the necessary league position .

Interested to hear your thoughts though Dan Blazey as to whether you regret St.Blazey not giving it a go in the Western League in the mid-90's . Although I realise that not all the squad would have stuck around , do you think the increased status would have attracted more ambitious,younger players (possibly some that later turned out for Truro City)? This could have established a stronger and more sustainable future for the club , which means that you might not have ended up where you are today .

What's the old saying in football ? After consolidation comes relegation .

Sadly, we have a shameful history of lack of ambition at Blaise Park. We could have "walked" the Western League with the side we had in the late nineties/early noughties.

Maybe if we had shown a bit of ambition, a certain millionaire might have put his money behind us and not that lot down the road (although full credit to TCFC for what they have achieved).

We are now paying the price. Big time.

Sadly, we have a shameful history of lack of ambition at Blaise Park. We could have "walked" the Western League with the side we had in the late nineties/early noughties.

Maybe if we had shown a bit of ambition, a certain millionaire might have put his money behind us and not that lot down the road (although full credit to TCFC for what they have achieved).

Tosh again Dan, you are getting good at this. Heaney would not have been interested in land that is prone to flooding and with a rail line running alongside it.

You still have the tag-line - "Very proud to follow Cornwall's greatest and best supported football club" A long way from the truth on both parts methinks.

Tosh again Dan, you are getting good at this. Heaney would not have been interested in land that is prone to flooding and with a rail line running alongside it.

You still have the tag-line - "Very proud to follow Cornwall's greatest and best supported football club" A long way from the truth on both parts methinks.

Thats probably very true about Heaney not being interested in land that is prone to flooding, because when he gets bored with the club, he couldnt build houses on the land!!!

Thats probably very true about Heaney not being interested in land that is prone to flooding, because when he gets bored with the club, he couldnt build houses on the land!!!

It flooded last year. When was the last time before that? Very rarely a match called off at Blaise Park,

I have been told the TWPL will take Buckland if they finish in the top 5

Rather devalues things!

After Bodmin's betrayal to the league
Two all isn't it - Bodmin twice, Buckland twice!

I'm referring to the fact that Bodmin promised the SWPL they would take the step up if the SWPL was created. I don't know if Buckland made any such commitment.

Scary to think we could well be two divisions below Buckland next season.

If it makes you feel any better Dan, I think Blazey will stay up. A lot of folk at Mount Wise hope so, we miss the banter with you lot. Having said that, it will be a shame if we don't get to visit Buckland, I'm sure they would love us.

Keep the faith !

Sorry Judge but after what I saw at Blazey a week ago me and Dan were in agreemant that they will probably be going down

Well atleast the Blaise Park committee will be happy for once. No doubt In their minds that in the SWPL West, the pressure will be off, they will be able to compete further up the table, and less money will be required all round to do so.

Severe drop in personal standards+ lack of ambition + shortage of foresight+ stubbornness+

greed = failure usually. Let's just all hope for the remaining fans at Blaise Park that it doesn't.

If it makes you feel any better Dan, I think Blazey will stay up. A lot of folk at Mount Wise hope so, we miss the banter with you lot. Having said that, it will be a shame if we don't get to visit Buckland, I'm sure they would love us.

Keep the faith !

Sadly, there won't be much banter. We've now lost around 90% of our fan base. The once-famous Blazey atmosphere is now dead. No singing. No chanting.

It could take decades to get back what we've managed to lose in one season. It may never return.

Well atleast the Blaise Park committee will be happy for once. No doubt In their minds that in the SWPL West, the pressure will be off, they will be able to compete further up the table, and less money will be required all round to do so.

Severe drop in personal standards+ lack of ambition + shortage of foresight+ stubbornness+

greed = failure usually. Let's just all hope for the remaining fans at Blaise Park that it doesn't.

If they really do want that, I can categorically state that not a single one of the 50 or so remaining Blazey fans are in agreement. No football fan would ever want to see their club relegated.

i think that statement is a bit harsh. I'm sure not one member of that football club would want the club to go down. Of course they are guilty of some things stated but wanting the club to go down is surely not on that list

As for Buckland, well done for taking the leap, Hopefully this will start the ball rolling and have a knock on effect, you never know in the coming years there could be many of old SWPL games being played in the TWPL and so on

Keep the faith !

Sadly, there won't be much banter. We've now lost around 90% of our fan base. The once-famous Blazey atmosphere is now dead. No singing. No chanting.

It could take decades to get back what we've managed to lose in one season. It may never return.

What did the attendance use to be at St. Blazey?

Thanks

It flooded last year. When was the last time before that? Very rarely a match called off at Blaise Park,

Not on tonight !

From the SWPL Forum :

Seems Buckland have a challenger.....

"Whilst delighted that Buckland Athletic have applied to go up I should also state that the deadline for applications is not until 31st December and I believe that at least one other member club will also be applying for the same promotion. I will release that clubs name when I have it officially in writing. "

Chances are it is Plymouth Parkway because were they not the only side that applied last season. So surely if they wanted to go up last year then this year is no different

Is it only Newquay who have applied for promotion from Division 1 West? And do you have to win the league to be promoted into the premier?

In answer to the second part... If two clubs apply for promotion from the same Div and meet the ground grading, then the higher placed club will be promoted if they finish 1st or 2nd.

EG; PZ were Champions and promoted when Newquay finished 2nd, both had applied for promotion.

St Austell finished 2nd behind Perranporth but were promoted as Perranporths ground did not meet the criteria at that time.

As for applying for promotion, I thought the dates of application were end of March or am I thinking of FA Comps. Newquay have/will apply and were under the impression that Penryn will do so as well.

Well done The Committee !

Visiting teams to Homers Heath such as QPR, PAFC, TUFC and Taunton Town all commented on what fantastic facilities BAFC have, and I think it makes logical sense for the move.

It now has to be gained as I think a top two position is required but from what I have been told the TWPL will take Buckland if they finish in the top 5 ( as long as no one else applies for promotion and there are two feeder leagues of course ), It will then be up to the SWPL to approve this ?? I gather however, that they are not too keen on this.

cant see them finishing in top 2 this year. so lucky they will be accepted coming in the top 5. shud have gone up wen they won the league last year.

I DON'T KNOW WHERE KAREN & MARK GOT THIER INFO ABOUT TOP FIVE FROM AS IT HAS TO BE FIRST OR SECOND JUST LOOK ON THE SWPL WEBSITE IT'S THERE IN BLACK & WHITE

It did say the TWLP (Toolstation Western League Premier) would take from top 5

Whats to stop Buckland withdrawing from the SWPL and applying for WL ?

NDD: Didn't think anyone applied last year? But I'm already assuming that Parkway are the other club who may possibly throw their hat in to the ring.

Might be mistaken I thought theydid apply last season.

Perhaps someone from Parkway could clear this up :thumbsup:

Parkway did apply a couple of years ago, but would not have been accepted. Now new changing rooms are up I reckon they will apply to join Western League