Cornwall Football Forum

Avery on his way to the mill??

Yeah Avo is going Torpoint. Great signing for them. Too good to be a substitute down at Parkway, just unfortunate for him that Andy Harris has been playing really well and they tend to opt for the lone striker these days. Good luck to Avo, think he will get his hunger back by going to Torpoint. A transfer that has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Kershaw,Young,Cardew,Stacey (when not on 1st team duty) Avo might fine himself warming the Torpoint bench,but hey the change might do him some good,fresh start and all that...

With all those strikers mentioned do we really need another one? Could do with signing a defender after losing Guy Powney to the 1st team,should have gone in for Pete Foster instead.

For me, (when he's on form) I'd go for Ross over Andy, IMO he's the best back to goal striker in the ECPL.

He's always caused us problems and last year when Parkway beat us 3-2 at our place, he won them the game scoring twice and winning a last minute penalty.

He's been injured this season and has struggled to get himself back in the starting line up on a regular basis since so maybe a move will give him the boost he needs.

Always thought that Parkway's defence can be got at so with Ross going to Torpoint it'll put a lot of pressure on Andy to keep delivering the goods if they are to sustain their title challenge.

Watched them beat Willand yesterday and it was crying out for Parkway to bring on Ross and switch to 4-4-2 to kill the game off as Willand's two centre backs were coping quite well with Andy up there on his own.

From where I was though, Ross looked a bit disinterested and didn't look too keen on warming up which is maybe why he wasn't used.

As for the switch to Torpoint, I think that Ross and Dean Cardew are very similar in that they are not prolific goalscorers but do a lot of the spadework in and around the box to set up other players and are both very good in the air (as is Stacey of course).

Dean's missed a lot of games because of work commitments so makes sense for Torpoint to strengthen, plus if he's in amber and black (on the pitch or on the bench) It's one of Torpoint's main challenger's squad weaker because of it.

All the best to Ross.

Top bloke and I understand why he has left. I knew he would go there as only a couple of weeks ago they were considering chucking 7 days in for him.

Ross, I just hope you arent as predictable in the game against Torpoint as you were in training!!

Massive shame Avo has gone he's a top lad and a very good goal scorer. Wish him the best of luck at torpoint...... Just don't go scoring against us Avo :)

Cheers for the comment Jefferson Hog!

He was always a thorn against us Andy but then so are you! Ha! Ha! Seriously I think you will miss him!

Massive shame Avo has gone he's a top lad and a very good goal scorer. Wish him the best of luck at torpoint...... Just don't go scoring against us Avo :)

Cheers for the comment Jefferson Hog!

nothing againist you andy your a top player but havin played both of you i know who i would rather mark dont know why they dont play both of you very good partnership if you were to get injured or have to go with firsts would leave parkway light up top just my view and thats what were on here for

I agree razor ross will be missed no doubt about it....... hes always a thorn in any teams side, he scores goals....... and im guessing after reading coach kt comments i wont be getting a 7 day approach From bere anytime soon ;)
I know who I would have in my team mate! But If Ross is fed up with having splinters up his posterior why go to Torpoint. If he wanted regular play and be on the team sheet from the start there are other clubs in your area that would be more than willing to have him. Time will tell if he has made the right decision.

i know jefferson hog was only a bit of banter ross is a věry good player! he will do Well down at torpoint i think the major concern down there is that players like stacey and others are being used in the 1st team, quiet rightly so too, so now with someone like ross he can slip in there without the 1st team managment having to be concerned about who they can and can not take...... gutted to be honest but thts footy beat thing is i will Still get to smash him on FIFA!! ;) cheers again razor! do u have to play torpoint? would Love to Aww that if i havnt got a game

i know jefferson hog was only a bit of banter ross is a věry good player! he will do Well down at torpoint i think the major concern down there is that players like stacey and others are being used in the 1st team, quiet rightly so too, so now with someone like ross he can slip in there without the 1st team managment having to be concerned about who they can and can not take...... gutted to be honest but thts footy beat thing is i will Still get to smash him on FIFA!! ;) cheers again razor! do u have to play torpoint? would Love to Aww that if i havnt got a game

Yes we still have to play Torpoint home and away end of Feb. away and then middle of March home followed by Parkway the week after. There are a few just as important games to play before then. In fact they are all important this year!

Can see Ross coming straight into team to be honest to partner Lewis Young up front,think Lewis Kershaw is out for a couple of weeks with a hamstring strain and i just read in the hearld that Dean Cardew is with the 1st team tonight so they could be the only two strikers in the squad for the visit of Morwentsow on saturday.

So much rubbish being spoke.... Avo top lad, just chucked his toys out the pram n done a tevez sat.... Harris has been very good this year to why he has struggled to get in... Only play wiv one striker so he has been unlucky, no doubt avo will score goals for torpoint n all the best to him... KeV Taylor any team in the league can get at any other team, u just got to out score them, that's what we done to u twice this season...

So much rubbish being spoke.... Avo top lad, just chucked his toys out the pram n done a tevez sat.... Harris has been very good this year to why he has struggled to get in... Only play wiv one striker so he has been unlucky, no doubt avo will score goals for torpoint n all the best to him... KeV Taylor any team in the league can get at any other team, u just got to out score them, that's what we done to u twice this season...

hahaha...i love this. In other words Kev, pipe down, we beat you twice. Cant argue with facts Selfis_7, fair comment that one. Hearing rumours that Lewis Young could go the other way in the next couple weeks? have you heard this one Selfis? any truth in that rumour?

News flash: at this exact time I am on the phone to Ross Avery and I can confirm he IS not signing for torpoint........... He has said no one from torpoint has approached him........ Interesting!!!!

are the 7 days up yet? Or where they ever put in in the first place??

hahaha...i love this. In other words Kev, pipe down, we beat you twice. Cant argue with facts Selfis_7, fair comment that one. Hearing rumours that Lewis Young could go the other way in the next couple weeks? have you heard this one Selfis? any truth in that rumour?

Wasn't arguing with the facts.....all I said was that your defence could be got at.....7 goals from us in two games proves that.....The fact that we lost both games courtesy of some awful mistakes also proves that our defence can be got at too.

In fact, I would go as much to say we've outplayed you for long spells (and led) the last FIVE times we've played you.....AND STILL LOST ALL FIVE!! :(

On each occasion, we've failed to close the games out, you've stuck to your game plan and punished us according, cause you knew you'd get given chances late on.....fair play to you for that :clapper:

Six times so far this season we've led.....and lost.....biggest reason you're fighting for the title and we're nervously looking over our shoulder in the bottom half of the table.

News flash: at this exact time I am on the phone to Ross Avery and I can confirm he IS not signing for torpoint........... He has said no one from torpoint has approached him........ Interesting!!!!

So is he going anywhere Andy? Perhaps he should come on here and state his case!

U was 4-2 up at half time down hill with the wind... We went in at half time n all of us said we will be fine this half we will turn it around, and we battered u and won 5-4 simple as!!! But i must say it is always good games, but we always feel we will out score u... We haven't been good all season n got wins which is either lucky or a sign of good team, only time will tell...

Wasn't arguing with the facts.....all I said was that your defence could be got at.....7 goals from us in two games proves that.....The fact that we lost both games courtesy of some awful mistakes also proves that our defence can be got at too.

In fact, I would go as much to say we've outplayed you for long spells (and led) the last FIVE times we've played you.....AND STILL LOST ALL FIVE!! :(

On each occasion, we've failed to close the games out, you've stuck to your game plan and punished us according, cause you knew you'd get given chances late on.....fair play to you for that :clapper:

Six times so far this season we've led.....and lost.....biggest reason you're fighting for the title and we're nervously looking over our shoulder in the bottom half of the table.

I was just commenting on Selfis_7 statement Kev, i dont play for Parkway, so no need to explain yourself buddy, although it sounds like your due a result against Parkway sometime soon. I did watch the first game of the season, and must admit, at times you did dominate for large periods. Unfortunately, football is a result driven business, and however much you dominate a game, if those three points aint in the bag at the end of the ninety minutes, it counts for nothing, and i think thats what he was trying to point out.

I'm not sure razor...... He doesn't go on here and when I told him to he just laughed and said no its not his thing! He told me that he's miffed as to where this info came from. He explained that he hasn't been approached by torpoint as of yet and doesn't think he will be going there...... That's not to say he won't though just at this time he isn't going anywhere...... Little miffed at the saltash shout again nothing mentioned to me when I was on the phone..... He didn't seem like he even was interested in footy at the moment...... Wouldn't surprise me if he signed for saltash or torpoint by next weekend however and again wish him best of luck.....

I'm not sure razor...... He doesn't go on here and when I told him to he just laughed and said no its not his thing! He told me that he's miffed as to where this info came from. He explained that he hasn't been approached by torpoint as of yet and doesn't think he will be going there...... That's not to say he won't though just at this time he isn't going anywhere...... Little miffed at the saltash shout again nothing mentioned to me when I was on the phone..... He didn't seem like he even was interested in footy at the moment...... Wouldn't surprise me if he signed for saltash or torpoint by next weekend however and again wish him best of luck.....

If Ross isn't enjoying his football with Parkway then perhaps it is time for him to find another club or if he's not enjoying football full stop, take up golf! Ha! Ha! Good luck this afternoon at Lanreath, lovely playing surface!! Not!

Guest Back of the net

Avery has said he stopped enjoying it at Parkway as it was too "clicky" and after a lengthy conversation with Ian Stephens is relishing the challenge at Torpoint as the manager has told him he will be his main front man. Lets hope he proves everyone at Parkway wrong and lives up to his hype