Cornwall Football Forum

Sat 3rd Dec - Results

Mousehole 1-6 Truro City, Att roughly 18. Heard Mousehole could not afford to pay all of the officials unless told otherwise, as all games were subject to offcicial League Linesman. Was nice of the League to state this somewhere on their website or the forum as I travelled all the flipping way from Plymouth as the management were understood to know that clubs supply linesman for these games. What a waste of journey for me, waste of money getting the train, but I was there for the team not the league or anything else as I was asked to be linesman and we won, albeit after a shaky start when Mousehole took the lead in the 1st minute.

Mr Cornwall, it is nothing to do with the League it is a CCFA senior cup game and as such neutral officials are appointed, if you look on the list you will see the appointments and three officials were appointed to the game. The league website or the forum is not the place to look for appointments.

As St Blazey v Saltash United was called off this morning, Newquay v Liskeard looked to be an interesting fixture, I was not disappointed.

The game was keenly contested, but neither side had the "cutting edge" in front of goal. Normal time ended goaless and so did extra time.

Unfortunately, the game had to be decided on penalties. Liskeard won 5 -4 .

Have to say neither side deserved to lose this tie.

Thats what I meant the CCFA sorry not the League I always refer it to that. I will check the FA website n the future. But still the fa should be contacting club managers, not just the secretaries. Cheers for that info Mr Manning, did you do a game today?

The ccfa can only contact the club secretary, Its up to him/her to pass on the relevent information.

what do u mean we could not afford 2 pay you clown...low on numbers at the gate but no problems paying....we new this before a ball had been kicked

we have done ok on gate income this season & u have to take the rough with the smooth, we already had money ready for refs what every the gate so dont start silly rumors that we could afford to pay them, just because YOUR super club forgot to tell u they didnot need u today plus SENIOR CUP is always 3 officals as far as i no but surely a club like truro should no that

Roughly 1

Mousehole 1-6 Truro City, Att roughly 18. Heard Mousehole could not afford to pay all of the officials unless told otherwise, as all games were subject to offcicial League Linesman. Was nice of the League to state this somewhere on their website or the forum as I travelled all the flipping way from Plymouth as the management were understood to know that clubs supply linesman for these games. What a waste of journey for me, waste of money getting the train, but I was there for the team not the league or anything else as I was asked to be linesman and we won, albeit after a shaky start when Mousehole took the lead in the 1st minute.

Roughly 18? Surely over 90 minutes thats a pretty easy figure to determine exact numbers!?

surprised to see a truro fan mentioning a clubs struggle to finance games officials, especially after truros financial fiascos over recent seasons,

surprised to see a truro fan mentioning a clubs struggle to finance games officials, especially after truros financial fiascos over recent seasons,

just like to say for the record...there is NO problems with cash flow at MOUSEHOLE now & never have been.

Strange how a quote from someone not at mousehole but at a super club like truro can start a rumor that is not true.

green and white im didnt imply to make people think that you struggled, cause in actual fact I respect a club like Mousehole with the good games that have been played down there in recent months and the way the club has continued to grow within the last few years and I think their facilities are good and the service in the bar is excellent.

I guess the weather may have put a few people off and also penzance were playing godolphin so many people may have gone to watch that game.

Adlestrop I wouldn't say it was ignorance I am just commenting on what I heard as this is a forum for people to read and say their views on a games, which I did, a good game where Mousehole were unlucky in the goals conceded, where it could have been a reduced margin, but have to take the positives out of the game. good luck to their rest of season.

green and white im didnt imply to make people think that you struggled, cause in actual fact I respect a club like Mousehole with the good games that have been played down there in recent months and the way the club has continued to grow within the last few years and I think their facilities are good and the service in the bar is excellent.

I guess the weather may have put a few people off and also penzance were playing godolphin so many people may have gone to watch that game.

Adlestrop I wouldn't say it was ignorance I am just commenting on what I heard as this is a forum for people to read and say their views on a games, which I did, a good game where Mousehole were unlucky in the goals conceded, where it could have been a reduced margin, but have to take the positives out of the game. good luck to their rest of season.

G&W, I think thats as close to an apology as you're gonna get. Cornwall should get his facts straight and keep his mouth shut and not cause upset with his idle gossip.

What a waste of journey for me, waste of money getting the train,

Mr Cornwall,

watching yr team win 6-1 away from home is deemed a waste of journey????

the train from plymouth to PZ is less than £10 i expect you spent more than that in the bar,

how can anyone from Truro comment on any other clubs finances, sounds to me like you just stirring the s**t :SM_carton:

:c::clapper: :c:

Troon 2-3 Camelford

Troon gave the SWPL Prem side a run for their money on sat, and ended up feeling hard done by after the game, which goes to show they matched Camelford throughout the game. The pitch was obviously going to be a tad "sticky..." but this is the same for both teams. Camelford took the lead on the 12th Min when their No 9 slotted in from close range following a bit of a scramble in the goal mouth, Troon were back on level terms on the 18th Min when Chris Woods chipped a lovely ball through for Steve proctor to run onto and chip the ball over the on coming keeper, 5 mins later Steve was brought down a yard inside of the box, the keeper given a yellow as the ref seemed to think he was heading away from goal, he then said the free kick was direct....much to the confusion of the players, he then stated the foul was not inside the box, but on the line, which is in isn't it.....!? (a decision which could of changed the game/result!) troon got on with it and had to bite their lip, but 5 mins later a good shot from the edge of the box put Camelford 2-1 up going into HT.

Troon would of took going into HT 2-1 down before the game, but the 1st 45 mins was as even matched as it was going to get from 2 teams as this stage of the comp, so came out of the changing rooms all guns blazing, and on the 60th min got their well deserved equaliser when Jamie Marles was brought down inside of the box, Ashley Smeeth, returning from a dislocated knee, grabbed the ball and smashed it into the net to square things up, game on! the last 30 mins was frantic, with both teams creating chances, but Craig Clinton was on form for the home side as was the away keeper. On the 85th min a corner was swung in and met by a Camelford defender who powered the header past the home keeps to win the game for them. All in all Troon came come out of the game with their heads held high, knowing they pushed a Prem team that will be there or there abouts this season right to the end, and in a way i'm glad Troon got to go out like this, rather than an away game later on in the stages on a week night!! i'm sure Camelford will do well in this cup, and from all at Troon we wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

Cornish-Blue I didn't take any money above £10 to spend in the bar actually so get your facts right.

As said before, the guy who I spoke to may not actually work for the football club when he spoke about not being able to pay the referee or assistants so that is why they say otherwise they had paid them.

If I was told that all officials were asked to take on the cup games then I wouldn't have paid for a train to Mousehole and would wait at home until the next game in the League v Newquay on 17th December.

Have I got this right ?

Mr Cornwall ( possibly ex Millbrook Mike / CallyMike ) lives in Plymouth,runs the line for Truro seconds and gets to matches by train ?

Indeed he does, you don't think that there is anyone left at the club to do the job do you ? They have either all been sacked, walked out or just not interested in the SWPL side.

I hope that when Truro visit Newquay in on 17th, Mike can get a lift from Truro to Mount Wise, the Winter Rail service between Newquay and Par is about one train a month, subject to leaves, snow, landslips and cattle on the tracks.

Thats right Mark lol. Would normally get the train to newquay for this game and the games I did for ya last season. I work every other saturday now and this includes the 17th as I was going to do the line Saturday so I would miss next week for which we have no game, but will probably be able to get that covered. I will check the weather warnings before travelling though trains should be ok hopefully, unless i get a train there friday night and stay in the newquay clubhouse. lol.

CAT/BRIAN Why did you want to post who I used to be on here as a forum user? I dont think bringing up who I changed my names to makes any difference to what I post.

So what, I run the line for Truro Football Club seconds, why not let everyone know that! I love doing it as a hobby to represent the club and the West Division for Gary Pascoe and his staff whatever state the club currently is in and don't give a crap what you or anyone thinks. I love travelling to represent the club but not when I am not informed that I am not required for a particular game which Mr Manning and a couple others have cleared up. if you want to discuss anything about the club you contact Kevin Heaney as that is an issue people should deal with him how they want to but all the seconds staff and players are happy to play/work for the club while it sorts itself out i'm glad you asked.

Cornish-Blue I didn't take any money above £10 to spend in the bar actually so get your facts right.

Please read my post properly before posting,

what i ment was that moaning about the cost of the train to PZ is a bit sad when it cost less than a tenner and i would expect to spend more than that if i was out for the afternoon at the football and did not have to drive home,

:c:

CAT/BRIAN Why did you want to post who I used to be on here as a forum user? I dont think bringing up who I changed my names to makes any difference.

I think you might think I'm someone else buddy, I certainly ain't called Brian!

I was merely confirming what some people had asked as to what your previous incarnations were!