Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Please can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or failing that can you text me on 07597907549 with the info.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

3rd December 2011

Falmouth Town Reserves P-P Penzance Reserves

Holman SC 0-8 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Wade Brown 3, Jason Roberts 3, Jowan May, Justin Miles)

Att - 20

Pendeen Rovers (Ashley Ellis 2, Andrew House, Dominic Clemens) 4-1 Hayle Reserves (Nathan Macintosh)

Att - 30

RNAS Culdrose (Jamie Adam 3, Stephen Hughes 2, Michael Clarke) 6-0 Mullion

Att - 11

St Agnes (Duane Britton 2, Kyle Worth) 3-0 Perranwell

Att - 45

St Day (Colin Kettle, Mike Cruse) 2-1 Porthleven Reserves (Fred Williams)

Att - 30

Wendron United (Matt McIlroy, Barry Leete) 2-2 Falmouth Athletic (Huw Gibbon, Stefan Churcher)

Att - 25

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 19 13 5 1 62 19 43 44

2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 16 10 4 2 58 19 39 34

3 ST IVES TOWN 15 10 2 3 35 15 20 32

4 ILLOGAN RBL 14 8 4 2 37 18 19 28

5 ST AGNES 14 8 4 2 37 21 16 28

6 RNAS CULDROSE 17 8 4 5 47 36 11 27*

7 WENDRON UNITED 16 7 5 4 32 29 3 26

8 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 14 7 3 4 45 28 17 24

9 PENDEEN ROVERS 15 7 3 5 33 27 6 24

10 TROON 15 7 2 6 31 28 3 23

11 ST DAY 16 5 5 6 25 36 -11 20

12 HAYLE RESERVES 17 5 4 8 28 35 -7 19

13 PERRANWELL 14 5 3 6 38 30 8 18

14 NEWQUAY RESERVES 14 4 5 5 28 29 -1 17

15 ST JUST 13 4 2 7 27 28 -1 14

16 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 20 4 2 14 33 72 -39 14

17 MULLION 16 3 3 10 34 50 -16 12

18 HOLMAN SC 16 3 3 10 19 54 -35 12

19 PENZANCE RESERVES 19 0 1 18 13 92 -79 1

This is what I've written on the Penzance AFC facebook group

Reserves at Falmouth Town is off due to a water-logged pitch. Bickland Park is an awful pitch once it rains. Dug out of a hillside so is like a soup bowl and collects rainwater like a bathmat.

Good news for the Reserves as we could do with a week off, playing week in week out with no chance to recuperate from injuries, plus it will be better going down there on a warm Saturday in March.

falmouth athletic scorers- Huw Gibbon, Stefan Churcher. Wendron scorer Matt Mclroy, sorry dont know second scorer. Lots of bookings. Matt Mclroy sent off for two bookings. The second an alleged headbutt, probably more of a head in the face.

Wendron play some good football especially from the back. Pitch was surprisingly good after the rain. All in all a well contested local derby.

Holman 0-8 penryn

Att-25

Disastrous 2nd half for holmans who shipped 6 goals in the last 30min and frustratingly 4 of those were howlers caused by us and in spells we played some nice attractive passing football. Unfortunatley as the cliche goes it's a game of 90min and with the talented strike force that penryn have mistakes can prove costly :(

Pottsy celebrated his 500th appearance in the middle of midfield against a fellow ageing player ;) and it was a good competitive battle he don't get on the scoresheet even when winno pushed him upfront as Alex Clark denied him with a great last ditch tackle in the 90th min. He was very embarrassed by the round of applause he received from both sets of players b4 kick off :)

Holmans have to brush themselves off and face kimmos st Agnes team next sat at blaythorne

2 seriously controversial goals cost us the game vs st.day today in a feisty game.

from the off port played the better fooball and st.day, not surprisingly, won the physical contest.

the game could have & should have been put to bed by half time, but poor finishing and wasted oppurtunities proved to be costly.

credit to st.day...did what they needed to do.

obvioulsy only a one sided opinion.

port goal scorer was Fred Williams

Just want to comment on the wendron game yesterday, I was sent off for an alleged headbutt? It was an embarrasing dive to be perfectly honest and I'm very annoyed that the ref has sent me off due to what the linesman said, the 14 year old linesman might I add who was the brotherr of the player I 'headbutted', Idont think that a 14 year old lad should be able to run the line! And its really really annoyed me how the ref went off what he said!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Macca 20 but you now need video evidence for an appeal, but the good news a sending off for 2 yellows is a 1 match ban I think " but do not quote me on that " if you had been sent off under a red card for violent conduct ( which a head butt would have come under) it`s 3 match ban.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Macca 20 but you now need video evidence for an appeal, but the good news a sending off for 2 yellows is a 1 match ban I think " but do not quote me on that " if you had been sent off under a red card for violent conduct ( which a head butt would have come under) it`s 3 match ban.

surely you should know what the ban is BM, after all, you seem to be the fountain of all knowledge concerning the rules and appear sometimes to be the mouthpiece for the CCFA

Waltzingmatilda, you are a disgrace to this forum B Manning is a well respected person on here who takes time-out to answer questions that players put to him. he gives in his opinion, the most honest answers he can. You might not always like his replies,as i,m sure Matt doesnt at the moment.

His above post is his opinion on an incident that he did,nt actually witness therefore it is only his opinion.

You as a complete dumwit cannot even read as the post said As it was a second yellow card it will be a 1 match ban, IF it had been a straight Red card for a headbutt it would be a 3 match ban

Give a honest man credit!

waltzingmatilda, definately not as you say the fountain of knowledge, that is how i understand it to be but I will be quite happy to be wrong, again I am not the mouthpiece of the CCFA, if I can help people understand problems I will assist especially with LOAF as i am an experienced official who reached a senior level. I also receive quite a few queries regarding the LOAF and if I can help I always will as some people on this forum can testify.

Thankyou for that post Deadcert.

Lets hope the lino wasnt Ben Andros on his comeback to Falmouth Athletic, you've got no chance of proving he shouldnt be there then Macca!

If its a headbutt then surely staright red? Why do refs do that? Player already has a yellow, commits an offence deserving a staright red but ref dishes out a second yellow, Ive seen it lots over the years on tv. Not saying you were guilty though Macca!!

Must comment on the goalscorers for Pendeen - I am very sorry and apologise to Dom Clements - but the first goal scored was an OG by Nick Cook and not Dominic Clemens

Dom's "shot" was a pass across the face of the Hayle goal and the ball would never have gone anywhere near the goal were it not for the attention of our defender. Sorry mate

You mean Ross Bowden thats the top scorer and probably the best player they have on the bench how bizarre Stephan has replaced him and even though he's a good player he has no commitmet to Athletic at all and with Ryan Trathan having to play all the time because his dad is assistant manager is there any way back for the prolific Bowden.

Perhapds the mighty Tine beckons