Cornwall Football Forum

WILL POTTSY MAKE THE BIG 500

Matthew Potts has played 499 senior games for Penryn athletic will he make it to the remarkable 500 this weekend away at Holmans.

What an achievement this could be a milestone that I cannot see many people ever reaching very often in the future....

In the future no.... but in the past ......... yes :thumbsup::c:

Well done Matthew you have been a great servant to Penryn .... :clapper: :clapper:

Great achievement. A player with a fantastic attitude, will play anywhere the manager asks, is loyal to one club for many years, and has never tried to generate his own publicity! More people in local football, and on certain forums, would do well to follows Matts lead. Good luck on getting to 500.

Yes he did Winno!!!

Most of you will know I’m not one for being in the limelight and was keeping it lower profile…………..until Symon posted on here!!!!

But I’m pleased and I guess, proud to say that I played my 500th senior game for Penryn Athletic today.

I’ve been fortunate to have been given the opportunity by a great club with great people and have played under great managers (Dave Jenkin, Andy Parry and yes…..Symon Winnan!!). I thank them all. Thanks for today Winno!!

Thank you all for your kind comments, I’m a little embarrassed, but also very touched by them.

Thanks again,

Matt ‘Pottsy’ Potts.

PS. Carpy & Ketts, thanks for tarnishing my reputation with the Stithians Sunday league comments – class fellas, forgot about that!!!