Cornwall Football Forum

SPECIAL

spurfect

Its pretty quiet on here .

Spurs must be doing well.

I went to West Brom yesterday.

Before the game,us YIDS said,todays game is a true test of how far Spurs have come.?

Leading goalscorer,Van Der Vaart and the best midfielder Modric out.

This will test our squad depth our resolve and new players coming in and adapting.

We were involved in a great tussle with a decent side.

Didnt play our best,but this side dug in and got the win.

Couple of seasons ago,we would have lost this game.

You know me,I dont like shouting my gob off.

This SQUAD is SPECIAL.

Its a shame about Man City's investment,because we are as good as anyone on our day.

But you never know.this side are winning games ,which I have never witnessed before,and other teams are not,and dropping points.

If we can steer clear of injuries and suspensions of our top players,we have a chance.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR,

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS.

WHY NOT.???????????

Before the game,us YIDS said,todays game is a true test of how far Spurs have come.?

This will test our squad depth our resolve and new players coming in and adapting.

This SQUAD is SPECIAL.

Its a shame about Man City's investment,because we are as good as anyone on our day.

But you never know.this side are winning games ,which I have never witnessed before,and other teams are not,and dropping points.

If we can steer clear of injuries and suspensions of our top players,we have a chance.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR,

WHY NOT.???????????

Man City thats why not.

This SQUAD is SPECIAL.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR,

WHY NOT.???????????

Man City thats why not.

Agree,

But on current form.

We are their only challengers.

This SQUAD is SPECIAL.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR,

WHY NOT.???????????

Man City thats why not.

Agree,

But on current form.

We are their only challengers.

Agree with that certainly looking over the shoulder.

with all due respect-you only played west brom, who only managed to fashion 1 shot on target against Arsenal at the Emirates the other week-wouldnt get too excited about beating a poor west brom team and banging on about how you think you have squad depth.

i for one am suprised at how efficient spurs are at the moment, but its only 12/13 games in-my final prediction for Spurs is for them to finish 5th maybe 4th if you pip chelsea...think they will run out of steam in mid jan.

the only team who wont be effected by the festive period where games come thick and fast will be citeh who have TRUE squad depth.

with all due respect-you only played west brom, who only managed to fashion 1 shot on target against Arsenal at the Emirates the other week-wouldnt get too excited about beating a poor west brom team and banging on about how you think you have squad depth.

i for one am suprised at how efficient spurs are at the moment, but its only 12/13 games in-my final prediction for Spurs is for them to finish 5th maybe 4th if you pip chelsea...think they will run out of steam in mid jan.

the only team who wont be effected by the festive period where games come thick and fast will be citeh who have TRUE squad depth.

Think you have started celebrating Xmas early.

Good point against the might of Fulham,mate.

Makes our 3-1 win at Craven Cottage,pretty impressive.

RVP dont score.Goons dont win.

So whats your prediction for the top 3 then Smithy?

IT IS A VERY POOR PREMIERSHIP - Not many games worth watching this season.

As a Spurs fan I expected them to be up there with the big boys, let's face it there are only 6 or 7 of them.

I'm beginning to think you are Heaney. He was a Spuds season ticket holder before becoming the saviour of Cornish football.

I think you boys are being blinded by the underlying problems at spurs, lets look at next summer

Harry walks out, Modric leaves, friedal retires, de foe leaves after being cheesed off with sub appearances, adebayor deal is only loan and spurs wont pay his wages so he doesnt come back. Bale joins manu or barcelona, and Van der vaart after getting cheesed off with playing for 4th place and no cups.

Where does this leave spurs ?

I think you boys are being blinded by the underlying problems at spurs, lets look at next summer

Harry walks out, Modric leaves, friedal retires, de foe leaves after being cheesed off with sub appearances, adebayor deal is only loan and spurs wont pay his wages so he doesnt come back. Bale joins manu or barcelona, and Van der vaart after getting cheesed off with playing for 4th place and no cups.

Deano,you must be a jealous gooner.

If Harry go,it will be to manage England.

Ancelotti will replace him.Trust me that is not bulls--t.

We will be in the Champions League.Modric will sign a new £100,000 a week contract.Defoe will not leave Spurs.Bale has a 4 year contract.

Why would anyone ,want to leave.Levy has made his intentions quite clear.

A new Stadium,is about to get underway soon.Clearing land around White Hart Lane has already started.

Our new state of the art training center will be up and running next season.

Thats where Spurs are.You muppett.

Deano,you must be a jealous gooner.

If Harry go,it will be to manage England.

Ancelotti will replace him.Trust me that is not bulls--t.

We will be in the Champions League.Modric will sign a new £100,000 a week contract.Defoe will not leave Spurs.Bale has a 4 year contract.

Why would anyone ,want to leave.Levy has made his intentions quite clear.

A new Stadium,is about to get underway soon.Clearing land around White Hart Lane has already started.

Our new state of the art training center will be up and running next season.

Thats where Spurs are.You muppett.

If Harry goes it will be to prison.

Modric signed a 5 year contract not so long ago, didn't stop him wanting to leave in the summer. Levy really going to offer another larger contract so soon?

Ancelotti will be gaffer of PSG by Xmas.

Training grounds don't win matches. But I look forward to seeing all the idiots crowding around outside when the manager is "not buying anyone" on deadline day....again!

New stadium? Got to fill it for it to be effective.

Bale will be injured/lose form by January

Defoe will go wherever offers him money and chance to play

spurs to finish 5th/6th

it will be

1st-Citeh

2nd- Utd

3rd-Arsenal

4th-Chelsea

happy to put my money where my mouth is too...im a realist....Arsenal and Chelsea have the experience in the end of season run ins to warant my claim-spurs have managed to break into top 4 just once-it will defo be very close and could go down to final day as to who finishes in top 4.

just my oppinion.

yes arsenal have had a very wobbly start but they are finally adding some consistancy to the results.

spurs are having an early season charge...similar to Newcastle....but neither team will finish in the top 4.

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Looks to me like the Armchair Mancs Brigade,are getting the Squeeky Bum Syndrome.

Watch out.

You have had your time.

CITEE and the YIDS are coming to get you.

COYS.

YID ARMY.

I sit on the sofa not the armchair! I am not in the least bit worried about Spurs mounting a challenge. Last year it was all about how Chelsea were going to run away with it. A few years ago it was how Chelseas dominance will never be stopped. Before that it was going to be Arsenal taking over the reigns. As it was United took those challenges, changed things and came back everytime to continue to win trophies over and over and over again. Spurs are playing very well, at the minute. The season is 13 games old, United are in turmoil apparently(5 points better off than this stage last season), City are going to win the league at a canter, Spurs are sure thing for 2nd maybe even challenge for the title blah blah blah. Its all been said before about various clubs so if the small club Spurs are still there in late April time then fair play. If they then carry that over to next season and so on then good on them. But to say United have had their time is premature I feel, never write them off while Fergie is still there.

You didnt actually respond to any of the points made in previous post btw!

If Harry can keep Ledley King fit for weekend matches from now until May i think they will finish in the top 3 pushing my team Chelsea down to 4th. If his knees go again i don't think they will finish in the top 4. So far he has played in 9 games Spurs won 8 & drew 1, 3 games missed Spurs won 1 & lost 2. Just my oppinion.

Blue storm those facts are terrible..........here's why

If you have watched Ledley this season you can see that not training etc is starting to catch up with him, he is not the same and he will not be the difference between them gaining champions league and not. Don't get me wrong the fella is amazing for what he is achieving with the injuries he has had, but he is not world class anymore.

Also the games they lost were against superior teams, with ledley or not they would of lost. the 9 he has played in have been against teams you would expect them to beat

Tottenham's best start since 1961.

Start of the season,priority was a top 4 place and Champions League Football.

SPURS,are playing well.Questions are,can they keep it going.??????

MAN.CITY,got the finance,the squad,and I think they will win the Premiership easily.

CHELSEA,new manager with an ageing squad,they are struggling.

MAN .UTD,yes they have been there and done it,but their squad lacks in depth and quality.

LIVERPOOL ,improving,but their defence needs strengthening,plus they drop to many points at home.

ARSENAL,not the force they were,defending is still a problem,and they have only one goalscorer.

NEWCASTLE,weakest squad of the top teams,any injuries or suspensions to top players,and they got problems.

January transfer window,may make a difference to some teams.

Here is how I see it.

1.MANCHESTER CITY.

2.MANCHESTER UNITED.

3.CHELSEA.

4.TOTTENHAM.

5LIVERPOOL.

6.ARSENAL.

7.NEWCASTLE.

8.EVERTON.

Not a bad crack at that. Agree with 1 and 2. I orginally thought Chelsea had 3rd sewn up, but not so sure. Also, not sure Everton will climb to 8th, but having said that, who is going to finish above them. Villa?

On current form, could be ManC, ManU, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, in that order. We've all got to play eachother loads yet, so things are going to change.

when was the last time they did that spurfect?

granted you have had a good start to the season but as i have stated in earlier posts i dont believe you will have the depth to push on and finish where you believe you will....at best you will get 4th but i stand by my prediction of spurs finishing 5th...however that could all change if spurs buy wisely in jan transfer window.

but i will let you enjoy your little surge of form as it has never happened before so i guess that the spurs heirachy may even release another watch?? lol

season ends mat...not november...just ask Blackpool and Hull before them...but im pretty sure spurs wont end up being relegated.

when was the last time they did that spurfect?

granted you have had a good start to the season but as i have stated in earlier posts i dont believe you will have the depth to push on and finish where you believe you will....at best you will get 4th but i stand by my prediction of spurs finishing 5th...however that could all change if spurs buy wisely in jan transfer window.

but i will let you enjoy your little surge of form as it has never happened before so i guess that the spurs heirachy may even release another watch?? lol

season ends mat...not november...just ask Blackpool and Hull before them...but im pretty sure spurs wont end up being relegated.

Spurs buy wisely in January.WHY.

Where would a Gooner strengthen our squad.

Think you may like to sign a few of our lads.

Quite a few would walk into you side.

Harry have already said ,he cant see any signings in January.

I agree with him.Dawson and Huddlestone to return.No need.

We are good enough.

good enough for 5th

we shall see come May

you need a decent cb and a striker and possibly a winger or attacking midfielder...then maybe then you would have the depth to a top 4 side

im not saying arsenal dont need to strengthen coz we do, largely due to losing a few key players in jan (i believe spurs will too) for ACN-difference, we have the money to strengthen...question is...will we?

"Special tonight"

great result

well they must have felt special playing on a Wednesday night in Europe not Thursday

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

What have Europa Cup,got to do with the Premiership.

This result will only enhance Spurs chances of finishing as high up the league as possible.

Im glad Spurs gave you something to smile about.

Quite a few would walk into you side.

Two questions, sir.

1. How many do you consider is "quite a few"?

2. Name them.

This result will only enhance Spurs chances of finishing as high up the league as possible.

I agree. If you are out of Europe, more chance of concentraing entirely on the league. Bad news for Aresenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

No Spurs players are going to the ACN.

Mangle best way to answer your question,is a best Tottenham/Arsenal eleven.

Here is mine.

FRIEDAL.

SAGNA KING VERMAALEN ASSOU EKOTTO

WALCOTT MODRIC RAMSEY BALE

VAN PERSIE VAN DER VAART

Very tight on some decisions.Lennon or Walcott.

Walker or Sagna.

Parker or Ramsey.

Could easy of picked the 3 Spurs players.

Then you would of accused me of being biased.Still will I reckon.

So quite a few,my friend.

that is quite an honest line up ther somerset spur

i would tinker with it though.

i would chose szchesny over friedel and i would play modric behind RVP and in midfield (in place of modric gap in your lineup) i would have Song.

shezza

sagna-TV5-king-ekotto

song

walcott-ramsey-bale

modric

RVP