Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results & Tables - Saturday, Nov 26th 2011

Plymstock 2 vs 0 Godolphin

An equal first half with both teams creating chances saw Plymstock go in at the half with a 1-0 lead through Phil Burgoyne, Yates the creater down the left flank. Second half became a scrappy affair with Godolphin have the greater of the possession. Plymstock doubled their lead however with a Jamie Pook corner that the Godolphin Keeper misjudged and flew straight in from the corner. From then on it was all Godolphin but they couldnt get their goal. Good game for the spectator.

On a minor note, shame that not one of the Godolphin team, management or spectators stayed in the bar after the game for the food, drinks or scratch cards. It has been mentioned before about supporting all the teams in the league regardless of the result especially in such poor financial times. Maybe if the result went the other way someone may have come in the bar.

Plymstocks first win over Godolphin in 7 attempts!

St Dennis 4-4 Hayle

Great game for the neutral today, we were 3-1 down at half time. Both teams attacked well, thought we edged possesion for nmost of the game. Good luck to Hayle for the rest of the season.

Saints goals:

Chris Brown

Mark Rowe

Scott Hill

David Rickard Jnr

Carl Rickard had a penalty saved =(

AFC St Austell 0, Falmouth Town 2

Mark Vercesi scored a penalty after just four minutes or so for Falmouth and despite an end to end first half, surprisingly there were no more goals. Falmouth’s Karl Turner could have made it two for the visitors, but decided even though all but in the six-yard box to pass to an offside team-mate, much to the understandable frustration of manager Alan Carey!

Seconds after the second half start, the home side were awarded a penalty themselves, but this one from Lee Whetter was saved by Falmouth’s ‘keeper Jason Chapman.

St Austell shaded the half but never really troubled Chapman too much and as the game entered added on time, Matt Drummond got on the end of a long clearance from Chapman. The striker did the business by rounding Garry Penhaligon and tapping the ball into the net to complete the scoring.

An equal first half with both teams creating chances saw Plymstock go in at the half with a 1-0 lead through Phil Burgoyne, Yates the creater down the left flank. Second half became a scrappy affair with Godolphin have the greater of the possession. Plymstock doubled their lead however with a Jamie Pook corner that the Godolphin Keeper misjudged and flew straight in from the corner. From then on it was all Godolphin but they couldnt get their goal. Good game for the spectator.

On a minor note, shame that not one of the Godolphin team, management or spectators stayed in the bar after the game for the food, drinks or scratch cards. It has been mentioned before about supporting all the teams in the league regardless of the result especially in such poor financial times. Maybe if the result went the other way someone may have come in the bar.

Sadly,this is not the first occasion this shower has spurned their host's hospitality-SHOCKING!

No doubt they expect their visitors to patronise the "Godolphin Arms" after each match.No doubt a feeble excuse will be forthcoming.

Liskeard 3 - 1 Ivybridge

Cooper, Richards & Kanakh for Liskeard, Truelove for the Bridgers.

Think Liskeard have to thank Sam Borthwick for making some great saves today, especially the three one on one's. The Blue's certainly rode their luck today against a hard working, energetic and skillful side who were unlucky not to get something out of the game.

Sam Cooper opened the scoring after getting on the end of Joe Carey's precise cross and planting a firm header in the corner of the visitors goal. This came shortly after Ryan Richards penalty was well saved. Richards made amends in the second half when he headed home Shane Jewell's firm cross for two nil. The impressive Joe Truelove scored the third headed goal of the game to worry the home side and Ivybridge caused the Blues all sorts of problems as they pressed for the equalizer. Late in the match Demitri Kanakh rifled a volley into the far corner of the net to earn Liskeard the points. Not a great game and a pretty scrappy all round performance from Liskeard who'll have to improve against Newquay in the cup next week.

MOM Sam Borthwick

Carlsberg SWPL premier division:

Buckland 3 Launceston 0;

Camelford 4 Parkway 1;

Cullompton 3 Bovey Tracey 6;

Liskeard 3 Ivybridge 1;

Penzance 4 Dartmouth 0;

St Austell 0 Falmouth Town 2;

St Blazey 0 Witheridge 2;

Tavistock 0 Saltash 5;

Torpoint 1 Elburton 5.

Naughty Alan

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Town-win-marred-Carey-league-action/story-13962800-detail/story.html

Disappointing to hear not one representative from Godolphin Atlantic made the effort to go in the Plymstock clubhouse.

I can only assume Derek Martyn must be gutted that his team no longer has the outright best defensive record in SWPL West!!! Oh, and that

his side are 16 points behind their neighbours!!!

I do not think St Austell shaded any half, they prevented falmouth from playing good football by their off side play & they would have made a good rugby side by their continual pushing & shoving although Falmouth did some themselves it was not on the scale of St Austell, who really never looked like being able to beat Falmouth, St Austells finishing, was poor to say the least,

but they did do a good Job in frustrating Town,

I think the ground is a great improvement & the Town supporters were given a very warm welcome,

it is nice to be able to go & see St Austell once again, again well done on your ground improvements. :clapper:

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

I do not think St Austell shaded any half, they prevented falmouth from playing good football by their off side play & they would have made a good rugby side by their continual pushing & shoving although Falmouth did some themselves it was not on the scale of St Austell, who really never looked like being able to beat Falmouth, St Austells finishing, was poor to say the least,

I think the ground is a great improvement & the Town supporters were given a very warm welcome,

it is nice to be able to go & see St Austell once again, again well done on your ground improvements. :clapper:

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

Thanks for your comments. I agree St.Austell never really looked like winning the game, however, if the St.Austell penalty was converted, during a spell that I believe St.Austell were on top, I feel things may have been different.

Not sure your comparison to St.Austell 'shoving' like a rugby team is a fair one?

I'm sure both sets of supporters will agree on a very poor set of officials once again, but hey, what's new.

Great travelling support.

Good luck to Falmouth for the rest of the season.

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

Thanks for your comments. I agree St.Austell never really looked like winning the game, however, if the St.Austell penalty was converted, during a spell that I believe St.Austell were on top, I feel things may have been different.

Not sure your comparison to St.Austell 'shoving' like a rugby team is a fair one?

I'm sure both sets of supporters will agree on a very poor set of officials once again, but hey, what's new.

Great travelling support.

Good luck to Falmouth for the rest of the season.

So once again a teams failure is the officials fault????

Perhaps the ref should of allowed St Austell to keep taking the penalty until it went in and then let them foul away until there hearts content.

Stop criticising referees and linesman or we are going to lose them.

Believe it or not

NO OFFICIALS NO FOOTBALL

So once again a teams failure is the officials fault????

Perhaps the ref should of allowed St Austell to keep taking the penalty until it went in and then let them foul away until there hearts content.

Stop criticising referees and linesman or we are going to lose them.

Believe it or not

NO OFFICIALS NO FOOTBALL

Well said North Devon Dweller! As a neutral at yesterday's game, I thought the Officials got the major decisions right (like disallowing a goal for Falmouth, of which I see no previous mention!) but they did make some mistakes on points which, let's face it, did not have a major impact on the outcome of the game.

I believe that St Austell were looking for somebody to blame for their own failings, and the Officials are the the easiest targets. If they were to put the effort they use in trying to influence the officials into their football, they may 1) improve their game and 2) enjoy the game that much more. They came across as an undisciplined team. That said, Falmouth weren't quite as bad, but at least they had the intelligence to know how far they could go.

Sadly,this is not the first occasion this shower has spurned their host's hospitality-SHOCKING!

No doubt they expect their visitors to patronise the "Godolphin Arms" after each match.No doubt a feeble excuse will be forthcoming.

Some people need to get their fact straight before making uncalled for remarks. I along with 4 players who traveled with me went into the bar where I purchesed a drink and a packet of nuts before sitting down and watching the football results coming through, I left 15 minutes later to crack on with the journey home with the bar almost empty. It was a poor showing on this occasion from our players but I can promise you Aldersop I was there and it is a very rare occasion where we do not stay behind together for a drink and buy raffle tickets etc. We have enjoyed excellent hospitality at Penryn, St Dennis, Wadebridge, Hayle and Dobwalls in recent weeks, so i dont know what you are talking about. We have had a couple of teams not come accross to Godolphin this season and not complained to anybody. Last season when we stayed behind at Plymstock almost all the home players had disapeared and we there on our own !

Camelford 4 1 Plymouth Parkway

A superb performance from the Camels against a useful Parkway who looked as if they might run riot in the first 15 mins, but Camels resolute defence held firm and Camels came on strong and scored 4 good goals through Mark Gusterson 2 Ryan Pooley and Liam Dingle. Bit dissapointed to see only 4 of Parkway's players and the manager come back to the club as quite a bit of food was laid on, but i guess they had their reasons

Camelford 4 1 Plymouth Parkway

A superb performance from the Camels against a useful Parkway who looked as if they might run riot in the first 15 mins, but Camels resolute defence held firm and Camels came on strong and scored 4 good goals through Mark Gusterson 2 Ryan Pooley and Liam Dingle. Bit dissapointed to see only 4 of Parkway's players and the manager come back to the club as quite a bit of food was laid on, but i guess they had their reasons

Crikey! must be the first time "hotshot" Hobbs failed to score-or was he sent off again? In any case,well done the Camels.

....I thought the Officials got the major decisions right (like disallowing a goal for Falmouth, of which I see no previous mention!)

I sort of mentioned it earlier.

What made me laugh was the stick the referee was getting from a previous St Austell club linesman who was down the bottom side of the pitch. The poor old ref couldn't win!

We read on here sometimes that players would like the ref to explain decisions given to them, then yesterday when this was happening, the spectator was shouting at the top of his voice how he should get on the game and stop chatting to the players! :c:

Re the officials .... at the St Austell game...and this is from a previous ref...

The officials didnt communicate well between them, and the older lines man was about 20 yards behind the last man and could not possibly give a correct decision from that position, this should have been addressed by the ref, i know why he was doing it, because the pace of the game , he was trying to cut off a few yards.

Both Pens were spot on but the ref should have sent off No 11 for the shouting of foul language towards the ref that the whole crowd heard, then minutes later the player swore again in a similar manner to the linesman, should have gone, but was allowed to be subbed....

This is what should be stopped, but the officials have to also be up to the game , and not 20 yards behind play...

I believe Plymouth parkway had 8 of there first team players out on Saturday's match, that's where they prob struggled to be fair.

Camels had players missing aswell, i talked to a parkway fan who said some of the players not playing weren't regulars anyway. Parkway played well maybe the scoreline doesn't reflect this. Camels scored 4 good goals and defended superbly.Parkway played some nice stuff up to the final ball which was where they came unstuck i feel. All teams have players unavailable you just have to deal with it.

Plymouth parkway had G.Hobbs, Shane Krac, Sam Chitty, Lance bailey, Dennis mason, 5 of there main top players out. Not taking I away from the camels, they done wat they had to do and good on em.

Didn't go to the game yesterday as I had to work , but it sounds like Camelford were worthy winners .

Have talked to fellow Parkway fans , and have mentioned it on this forum as well previously , about poor discipline coming back to bite us when the suspensions start to pile up .Take nothing away from Camelford , but this was always likely to be a tough game when you have over a third of your first choice starting eleven missing for avoidable reasons .

Hopefully the missing quartet have taken this on board and were there cheering on their clubmates .

....I thought the Officials got the major decisions right (like disallowing a goal for Falmouth, of which I see no previous mention!)

I sort of mentioned it earlier.

What made me laugh was the stick the referee was getting from a previous St Austell club linesman who was down the bottom side of the pitch. The poor old ref couldn't win!

We read on here sometimes that players would like the ref to explain decisions given to them, then yesterday when this was happening, the spectator was shouting at the top of his voice how he should get on the game and stop chatting to the players! :c:

Many apologies for the misunderstanding Dave. The disallowed goal I was referring to was the one in the 2nd half, disallowed for a foul on the St Austell keeper, which makes 2 disallowed goals, both in St Austell's favour. If he had allowed either of those goals to stand, then the argument some of the St Austell fans are making would have some credibility.

The parkway players weren't there, hardly anyone was there to be honest! surprisingly low attendance against a team that are a big team in this division.

agree with way of the park about the suspensions, very rare you have 4 boys suspended but that is an issue you would need to address if you have aspirations of winning things.

Truro 0 Dobwalls 3

I didn't get to the game but from the report in the sunday independent the visitors thoroughly deserved the three points?

I did get to game.it was one of those days for Truro as they didn't take there chances but to give dobwalls credit they battled every minute whilst Truro players were moaning at each other,and Dobwalls keeper kept them in it put pulling out some top saves!all credit to dobwalls against a sloppy Truro side.