Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Results 26-Nov-2011

Premier

St Agnes 1 - 2 Threemilestone

A game which St Agnes deserved to win. It was 0-1 at half time after TMS scored inside the first 5 minutes. Aggie dominated the second half and had several good chances, the Away goalkeeper made some great 1 on 1 saves.

Jake Hills got a harsh straight red card for 'intent to headbutt' with 15 minutes left. No one knew what it was for until the ref muddled together an inconsistant explanation after the game. Shame as even a yellow would have been hard to justify.

TMS scored on the break 6 minutes into the 4 minutes of stoppage time.

Good game in particular today from Sam Conolly, Alex Walker and Shane Cameron who kept the Moaning TMS forward in his pocket throughout.

Division 4

St Buryan 9 Madron 0

Great result today against a young Madron side who will only improve in time. Buryan played well from start to finish. Scorers were Dan Mitchell, Joss Norcliffe 2, Jamie hall 4, Tom Ruetsch, Tristan Nanckervis.

Redruth united reserves 5-1 Tine reserves

Redruth deserved there win on the first half performance with a 5-0 lead at half time. The young Tine side just didnt compete. 2nd half saw a very even game with Tine scoring about halfway through. Was a fairly good spirited game from both teams. Dont usually knock refs but for one so experienced he was very poor in the way the game was run today.

Redruth were always going to win the physical battle and for the most part did it fairly but pulls of shirts etc were never picked up and more to the point every time a Tine player tried to compete it ended in a free kick.

Our young goalkeeper was told he would be sent off if he said "theres 2 teams here ref" again as was our young full back. No swearing was involved or even a yellow card. in my opinion there was a lot of bullying. I dont think 1 redruth player was spoken to for any tackles, back chat or smashing the ball 100yards after the whistle had gone( not to say that Redruth were bad).

All we ask for is consistency. Our linesman walked off after he was told he could put his flag down and walk off if he wanted to by the ref. This after a Redruth striker had kicked the ball away without a word when our full back was spoken to moments earlier and surely if the ball goes out for a goalkick the game is stopped or can advantage be played? i didnt think so.

Anyway, as i said thought players from both teams conducted themselves well. interestingly the only player to be booked was a Tine player for arguing (fair enough), but after giving away a free kick that never was, he was the only one strong enough to compete with redruth. A very odd game but well done to Redruth on a deserved win and rant over

league 6

TROON 3RDS 0 - 14 FOUR LANES

AS A TROON PLAYER CAN ONLY SAY WE NEVER GOT STARTED FOR THE WHOLE GAME. IT WAS 1 WAY FROM ABOUT 5 MINS IN TO THE GAME AFTER OUR STRIKER MISSED THE BALL FROM 6 YARDS OUT SO KNEW IT WASN'T GOING TO BE OUR DAY LOL GOT TO SAY FOUR LANES ARE A STRONG SIDE AND COULD OF SCORED 20 TODAY. GOOD BUNCH OF LADS AND WELL REFFED TODAY ALLOWED THE GAME TO FLOW WERE POSSIBLE ALOT BETTER THAN THE 1 WE HAD LAST WEEK BEST OF LUCK BOYS

Guest smashing pumpkin

div 5

wendron 4 - st ives 2 . halftime 2-2

wendron went one down in 1st minute after the goalkeeper fumbled a routine catch which led to a st ives tap in. wendron equalised almost straight away after jim collins on his 500th league apperance score from half way line (wind assited) st ives then took the league again after a shot from st ives midfilder tim grose was defleckted into the bootom corner. wendron equalsied again just before halftime.

2nd half was always goin to be hard playing against the wind but we battled and created chances and went 3 -2 up after martin mcphillban was brought down in box and lee smith converted from the spot . st ives got forward but only had 1 chance on target a free kick which was tipped around the post by the wendron keeper. wendron scored the 4th about 15mins from the end and could of got more but only to be denied by some good saves from the st ives keeper.

Div 5

Top of table clash

Wendron 4ths 4 St Ives Mariners 2

Windy conditions at wendron but the team top of league came out on top

St ives went one up straight from kick off after a muddle up in defence. Wendron left it to hero and Captain Jim to shoot and score from 50 yards.

St ives went two one up after a deflected shot went in bottom corner. Wendron made it 2 all before half time

Wendron came and second half and showed their class by scoring two more against the wind and not allowing st ives back into the game. Macca won a penalty which lee smith converted and keir dent added the 4th with a finish that just oozed class.

Good luck to st ives for the season

St Agnes 1-2 Threemilestone.

definatly deserved to win the game, after going one nil up early on and dominating the first half we would have felt hard done not to leave aggie without all 3 points. inspired performance from captain ryan stephens with a brace. we let aggie back into the game with a soft goal from our point of veiw but had the fight in us to get the winner.as far as stoppage time goes... i dont know if the ref knew how much to add on coz he never stopped the watch for the several times aggie were wasting time after they equalised but you win some you lose some. we were stung when they came to our place earlier in the season so very pleased with the boys today! the winning streak continues. well done lads.

also well done to the 2nd team with a 2 - 1 home win. jordan whalley with both the goals.

all round, good day for the mighty stones.

league 6

TROON 3RDS 0 - 14 FOUR LANES

AS A TROON PLAYER CAN ONLY SAY WE NEVER GOT STARTED FOR THE WHOLE GAME. IT WAS 1 WAY FROM ABOUT 5 MINS IN TO THE GAME AFTER OUR STRIKER MISSED THE BALL FROM 6 YARDS OUT SO KNEW IT WASN'T GOING TO BE OUR DAY LOL GOT TO SAY FOUR LANES ARE A STRONG SIDE AND COULD OF SCORED 20 TODAY. GOOD BUNCH OF LADS AND WELL REFFED TODAY ALLOWED THE GAME TO FLOW WERE POSSIBLE ALOT BETTER THAN THE 1 WE HAD LAST WEEK BEST OF LUCK BOYS

Totally agree duracell well proud of the boys today and good to see benjita wasn't to jet lagged to stick 1 away :thumbsup: .fair play to the troon boys who never gave up and yeah very well reffed by porky good game to be involved in.Good luck for the rest of the season. :thumbsup: :drink:

Redruth deserved there win on the first half performance with a 5-0 lead at half time. The young Tine side just didnt compete. 2nd half saw a very even game with Tine scoring about halfway through. Was a fairly good spirited game from both teams. Dont usually knock refs but for one so experienced he was very poor in the way the game was run today.

Redruth were always going to win the physical battle and for the most part did it fairly but pulls of shirts etc were never picked up and more to the point every time a Tine player tried to compete it ended in a free kick.

Our young goalkeeper was told he would be sent off if he said "theres 2 teams here ref" again as was our young full back. No swearing was involved or even a yellow card. in my opinion there was a lot of bullying. I dont think 1 redruth player was spoken to for any tackles, back chat or smashing the ball 100yards after the whistle had gone( not to say that Redruth were bad).

All we ask for is consistency. Our linesman walked off after he was told he could put his flag down and walk off if he wanted to by the ref. This after a Redruth striker had kicked the ball away without a word when our full back was spoken to moments earlier and surely if the ball goes out for a goalkick the game is stopped or can advantage be played? i didnt think so.

Anyway, as i said thought players from both teams conducted themselves well. interestingly the only player to be booked was a Tine player for arguing (fair enough), but after giving away a free kick that never was, he was the only one strong enough to compete with redruth. A very odd game but well done to Redruth on a deserved win and rant over

well i do wonder if we watched the same game first up the only player who got booked was the only player who constantly fouled every player who got near him . and finally got booked after a studs up lunge which he got away with but then verbally abused the ref for giving a free kick . secondly if you get on a referees back right from the start sometimes they will turn against you . i thought the ref did ok i didnt hear the conversation with your lino but he did over rule him a couple of times. redruth played some good football first half and had a couple of well worked goals . constantine came out second half and played a lot better .

well i do wonder if we watched the same game first up the only player who got booked was the only player who constantly fouled every player who got near him . and finally got booked after a studs up lunge which he got away with but then verbally abused the ref for giving a free kick . secondly if you get on a referees back right from the start sometimes they will turn against you . i thought the ref did ok i didnt hear the conversation with your lino but he did over rule him a couple of times. redruth played some good football first half and had a couple of well worked goals . constantine came out second half and played a lot better .

Its just easier to shout at kids, nothing to do with getting the ref onside.

First over rule was offside...advantage played with redruth player running into 18yard box, apparently Tine had the ball, 2nd over rule, the ball went out for a Tine goal kick but ref played advantage leading to another redruth attack after ball was hacked down field instead of a goal kick. The booked player made 3 fouls in game.

The booking wasnt after the studs up challenge which def was a free kick but it was after the freekick given for shielding the ball while he got kicked....seems we were watching different games.

St Agnes 1-2 Threemilestone.

definatly deserved to win the game, after going one nil up early on and dominating the first half we would have felt hard done not to leave aggie without all 3 points. inspired performance from captain ryan stephens with a brace. we let aggie back into the game with a soft goal from our point of veiw but had the fight in us to get the winner.as far as stoppage time goes... i dont know if the ref knew how much to add on coz he never stopped the watch for the several times aggie were wasting time after they equalised but you win some you lose some. we were stung when they came to our place earlier in the season so very pleased with the boys today! the winning streak continues. well done lads.

also well done to the 2nd team with a 2 - 1 home win. jordan whalley with both the goals.

all round, good day for the mighty stones.

Playing for time! Ha. We were going for the win right to the end even with 10 men. We dominated the second half, 1 shot on target for TMS in the second half says it all.

Aggie would have been disappointed with a draw.

sorry m8 i got booked after the ref gave redruth a freekick after i had the ball and was being kicked i could no see y he gave u the free kick thats y i swore at him . because it seemed that every time constsntine went in it was a foul and wen redruth was doing the same thing nothing was given . and as for u saying it was a studs up lunge i slid in with one foot and won the boy . i was only doing what redruth players were doing to my youngsters but i am not haveing a pop at redruth who deserved the win

Trelawny 3

Culdrose 5-1 Holmans

Good competitive game on a v windy day at Culdrose. Both teams tried to play football but Culdrose were never in any real danger with goals from Medlin, Simmons, McMullen, Snazel and an OG. Good luck Holmans for the rest of the season.

sorry m8 i got booked after the ref gave redruth a freekick after i had the ball and was being kicked i could no see y he gave u the free kick thats y i swore at him . because it seemed that every time constsntine went in it was a foul and wen redruth was doing the same thing nothing was given . and as for u saying it was a studs up lunge i slid in with one foot and won the boy . i was only doing what redruth players were doing to my youngsters but i am not haveing a pop at redruth who deserved the win

Im sure hes a nice guy and probably a good ref but today he was a serious homer for whatever reason not that it wouldve changed the result toomuch

Ha jasa why you sticking your nose in? You of all people know there's always different opinions as to what goes on. Anyway, how's things going mate? Hope your well.

Wendron 2nds result

St Ives 0 - 5 Wendron United

Though St Ives did well in places and tried to get the ball down and play without creating any chances or ever really troubling us. We took our chances and deserved the win. Best of luck to St Ives for the rest of the season.

Div 2

Madron 1 mullion 1

not the best game u will ever see, must mention the stand in ref from our own club deko, just praise last week from people on this forum, and i know a few moans from both sides 2 day but i thought a great job. good luck to the mullion boys 4 the rest of the season , look forward to the return.

Trelawny 3

Culdrose 5-1 Holmans

Good competitive game on a v windy day at Culdrose. Both teams tried to play football but Culdrose were never in any real danger with goals from Medlin, Simmons, McMullen, Snazel and an OG. Good luck Holmans for the rest of the season.

Could have been interesting in the last 12 min if phil Greenlaw had found the back of the culdrose net from 8 yds out with the scoreline at 2-1 only to see his shot sail just over the bar. Culdrose then pushed forward in the very next passage of play to score and make the scoreline 3-1 and effectively seal the tie

Feisty game at times but the surface of the pitch was excellent although unfortunatley the wind made things pretty challenging for both sets of players. Holmans guilty of gifting 4 goals to the opposition through some poor decision making and a cracking power header own goal from Bevin stone.

Next week holmans on their travels....again!!! To face halestown

Premier

Goonhavern 2-0 St Buryan (2-0 h/t)

Another good performance from us yesterday. We dominated the first half and probably should have gone in at the break more than 2 goals to the good. St Buryan pressed in the second half but our back four were superb which meant that our keeper didn't really have a save to make which is testament considering the qulaity of player St Buryan have in attack. We were guilty of missing chances in the second half to really kill the game off. The man in the middle was very good (Kevin Bennetts, I think!). Goals came from Joe Carlyon and Sam Mansfield. All the best to St Buryan - I shouldn't think they'll be in the lower regions of the league for much longer.

Guest smashing pumpkin

Div 5

Frogpool Reserves 5 - 2 Mullion Reserves

Great to see that Frogpool could raise a side and pull off a decent result.

Had 14 players today things looking good

good to here , il be looking forward to playing you lot but gotta wait till febuary for that.

Trelawny 2 - Helston 12 - Storm 0 (4-0 HT)

If my players gave me everything and battled to the last in our previous performance, yesterdays game was at the other end of the scale. We gave away the ball too cheaply, were weak in the challenge and slow to pressure opponents who we knew were going to be a stern test. We conceded early and immediately heads went down and any interest in the game seemed to fade. This wasn't helped by the loss of our skipper early in the first half. which Helston dominated. Our 'keeper did well on a couple of occasions and some woeful finishing from the Home side kept the deficit to 4 at the break. The gulf in class became more apparent in the second half as Helston, playing with both the wind and superior fitness played possession football that tore us to shreds.

The ref had a great game, well done to Helston, good bunch who should be challenging come the end of the season.

Also

Trelawny 6

Redruth Athletic 6 Storm Res 0

Le Boss, I think that you think your team is better than they actually are, either that or you are not showing other teams the respect they deserve, poor show either way.

I really dont care what you think - I know my players and had you been at the game you would know exactly what i mean - my players know and agree. With regards to respect - people earn my respect and Storm conducted themselves very well and earnt my respect - end of story. And yes it was a poor show from my team.

If my players gave me everything and battled to the last in our previous performance, yesterdays game was at the other end of the scale. We gave away the ball too cheaply, were weak in the challenge and slow to pressure opponents who we knew were going to be a stern test. We conceded early and immediately heads went down and any interest in the game seemed to fade. This wasn't helped by the loss of our skipper early in the first half. which Helston dominated. Our 'keeper did well on a couple of occasions and some woeful finishing from the Home side kept the deficit to 4 at the break. The gulf in class became more apparent in the second half as Helston, playing with both the wind and superior fitness played possession football that tore us to shreds.

The ref had a great game, well done to Helston, good bunch who should be challenging come the end of the season.

Also

Trelawny 6

Also

Trelawny 6

All the best to Storm for the rest of the season - only really gave up in the last 10-15 minutes but cannot fault their attitude - good bunch of lads.

Fal Atletic 3-1 Frogpool

Fal scorers: Mike Moore (scoring the rebound of his saved pen), Ben Kellow and Paul Jeffery

Division 3's only unbeaten sides came head to head with us coming out deserved winners. Game started at a good pace with us taking control early on but not getting the break through that our pressure and fast flowing football deserved, getting the break through after what was an unlucky hand ball in the box which mooro scored the rebound after the keeper made a good save from the spot kick. More Athletic pressure followed and a 2nd goal followed, with paul creating and finished a fine solo goal to give us a 2-0 half time lead. Frogpool pulled 1 back but we got another with 15 to go to see the game out with relative comfort and remain top of the league unbeaten for another week.

Well played frogpool who always pushed to get back into the game and well done to the ref who was spot on, fair and always tried allowing an advantage and used his common sense rather than flashing cards un-needlessly

Harsh but fair. I'm the storm goal keeper and after watching my outfield players get torn apart time after time would have to say le boss is right to have confidence in his team. Admitidley we are not the sternest test they will face but they went about it in a professional way and played some football a combo team would be happy with. Well done boys a nice bunch of lads at helston I'm sure u will progress through the leagues

Harsh but fair. I'm the storm goal keeper and after watching my outfield players get torn apart time after time would have to say le boss is right to have confidence in his team. Admitidley we are not the sternest test they will face but they went about it in a professional way and played some football a combo team would be happy with. Well done boys a nice bunch of lads at helston I'm sure u will progress through the leagues

thank you for your kind words - we try to play the right way and yes we do set ourselves high standards. I asked my lads to show you no mercy in the second half because it is the right and respectful thing to do. Your set of lads just need a voice or two on the pitch to bring everybody together and having spoken to your manager, i am sure he and you all will get there. Best of luck to you all.

Div 5

Carharrack Res 2 - 1 West Cornwall Res (HT 0-1)

Very disappointing afternoon for us on Saturday. Having controlled the first half, dominating possession, creating several openings and limiting Carharracks chances we really should have gone into the break with more than a one goal advantage. Realistically we could of had them dead and buried by half time.

However, we were made to pay for not killing the home side off and they came out in the second half the hungrier of the two teams. They equalised with a well taken free kick that beat our keeper and then grabbed the winner from a free kick that was headed home by the Carharrack skipper, despite several calls for offside by ourselves.

Full credit to Carharrack who battled well in the second half and in honesty if either team deserved to win, it would of been them although a draw may of been the fairer result.

It was a very quiet and disappointed changing room after the game and we need to pick ourselves up and respond to this on Saturday.

Thanks to Carharrack for their great hospitality.

As a final note, I'd also like to give praise to the young 16 year old ref on his first game of adult football. If it wasn't for young guys like him coming into the game then we wouldn't be playing on a Saturday. He dealt with everything that he had to very well and communicated well with both sides. Good luck to the lad!

Div 5

Carharrack Res 2 - 1 West Cornwall Res (HT 0-1)

Very disappointing afternoon for us on Saturday. Having controlled the first half, dominating possession, creating several openings and limiting Carharracks chances we really should have gone into the break with more than a one goal advantage. Realistically we could of had them dead and buried by half time.

However, we were made to pay for not killing the home side off and they came out in the second half the hungrier of the two teams. They equalised with a well taken free kick that beat our keeper and then grabbed the winner from a free kick that was headed home by the Carharrack skipper, despite several calls for offside by ourselves.

Full credit to Carharrack who battled well in the second half and in honesty if either team deserved to win, it would of been them although a draw may of been the fairer result.

It was a very quiet and disappointed changing room after the game and we need to pick ourselves up and respond to this on Saturday.

Thanks to Carharrack for their great hospitality.

As a final note, I'd also like to give praise to the young 16 year old ref on his first game of adult football. If it wasn't for young guys like him coming into the game then we wouldn't be playing on a Saturday. He dealt with everything that he had to very well and communicated well with both sides. Good luck to the lad!

Any chance on knowing what the ref's name was?