Cornwall Football Forum

Who should I support?

I have watched a few clubs in the SWPL but I haven't officially adopted anybody yet!

I live in a place where I can travel to most places in Cornwall and Devon, though being on a train route would be good...... or a decent bus route....... or a short bus journey from the train station..... you get the picture.

Any ideas?

Start off with Newquay Town for now . When the money runs out , and the players move on , follow them off to St Austell or wherever .

Repeat the process ad infinitum .

Looks like WOTP is miffed at losing Danny Brook, great player BTW. Newquay Town were a Junior Club back in the 1930's - do try to keep up.

I would suggest the original poster chooses the club closest to his home address, that way he would only have to travel for half the season (there are many other reasons).

I have watched a few clubs in the SWPL but I haven't officially adopted anybody yet!

I live in a place where I can travel to most places in Cornwall and Devon, though being on a train route would be good...... or a decent bus route....... or a short bus journey from the train station..... you get the picture.

Any ideas?

Why not pick the side with the lowest attendances in the league? Currently University of Exeter.

Start off with Newquay Town for now . When the money runs out , and the players move on , follow them off to St Austell or wherever .

About the most sensible post I've ever seen on this forum and a sad reflection of the modern game,

I know you take a lot of stick on here Dan , but there is no denying that you are 100% Blazey .

Looks like WOTP is miffed at losing Danny Brook, great player BTW. Newquay Town were a Junior Club back in the 1930's - do try to keep up.

I would suggest the original poster chooses the club closest to his home address, that way he would only have to travel for half the season (there are many other reasons).

Not really miffed at losing Danny Brook , but i'm always a bit disappointed when a talented player chooses to play below the level at which he should be playing . But I cannot blame someone for taking the money,especially when he would not have been guaranteed a starting place at Parkway ..

Not really miffed at losing Danny Brook , but i'm always a bit disappointed when a talented player chooses to play below the level at which he should be playing . But I cannot blame someone for taking the money,especially when he would not have been guaranteed a starting place at Parkway ..

Where have you gone Nemesis ? Looking forward to your reply !

Never been to Hayle, so will check them out one week soon(ish)!

Dartmouth was good, so was Penzance and Holsworthy! I have no interest whatsoever in Bodmin or Buckland because though very friendly clubs I am not really a gloryhunter....... plus they both disappointed by not taking promotion when they had the chance, and not giving other clubs an opportunity to win the league.

Godolphin Atlantic have an appeal, just because of the great name, which goes with Mousehole....... and St Blazey, just because nobody seems to like them that much anymore. I don't know the story behind that.

Saltash United I enjoy too and are probably favourites at the moment...... unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

Do you have a helicopter because I'm trying to work out how you're able to make so many grounds with ease? On the note of Danny Brooke do you know what he's getting at Newquay. For playing below his ability do you not think he should have stayed at Exeter when given the chance. Wouldn't any club after that be below his ability.?

On the note of Danny Brooke do you know what he's getting at Newquay. For playing below his ability do you not think he should have stayed at Exeter when given the chance. Wouldn't any club after that be below his ability.?

If he chose to leave Exeter, you make a valid point, but maybe he wasn't offered a contract and so therefore his level of ability may be Premier Division. If that is the case, then he may not have the drive to fight for his place at, say, Parkway, and therefore choose to play within his comfort zone

• 1 month later...

So after much deliberation over the last month and half I have decided to follow Dartmouth!

They get small crowds, need the support, and I have not so far seen any Darts supporters whining about things that really aren't worth whining about.

£5 and a free programme thrown in is fantastic value...... and it is within reasonable travelling distance.

Any ideas?

Why not pick the side with the lowest attendances in the league? Currently University of Exeter.

Still waiting for your new picture profile Dan. Or are you waiting for your new St Austell top to come in the post

I did consider it to be fair, but the lass is working in Exeter and I have to take the boy over when she is finished.... therefore I am off to Ladysmead to watch my other team.....

I would be grateful if you could give me public transport links via trains, buses etc for future reference please.

You sampling the Bolitho Park hospitality tomorrow Mad Ferrett ? Come and enjoy one of our pasties, say hello to myself and Mr Bald One and (hopefully) watch your Dartmouth lot go home with no points .

I will be at parkway today sampling the pastys iv heard so much about .for sure it will be a good game

I was at Ladysmead last week and will be there again this week......

Tivvy were awesome last Saturday and I can't really miss this week!

May be able to get to Blazey though the week after...... work dependent!

Mr Cornwall, not sure I will know you..... I don't know any Truro fans.