Cornwall Football Forum

Results Sunday 20/11

Penzance Astro Park 10 - Crowntown 3

A game of two halfs..... Crowntown came out firing from the start and had most of the play creating numerous oppertunities and giving the Penzance defence a torrid time. But thanks to some phenominal keeping from Jez and some quality finishing at the other end of the pitch by the two strikers some how Penzance managed to go in at half time 4-2 up after being run ragged for the majority of the half.

A much brighter start the the second half and some delighfull passing in the middle of the park saw the goals start flowing for Penzance and meant Crowntown, who may have been tiring slightly, struggled to get back in to the game. A great performance was capped off by a rocket of a penatly by man of the match goal keeper Jez, who had a blinder today making an uncountable number of great saves including a triple save any pro keeper would have been proud off.

Was a good game against a good bunch of lads, and Astro deserved the win but the scoreline did not do Cowntowns efforts and play justice.

Culdrose 5 MPAD UTD 4

Very disappointing performance from us today, not helped by having two players drop out on yesterday and another two drop out before kick off - all four would have started.

The left us light in midfield and it told.

We gifted Culdrose two goals in the first 10 minutes, then they scored a good third, although we should have closed down better.

Chris Page pulled one back before half-time, volleying home from a corner.

HT Culdrose 3 MPAD UTD 1

We started the second half brightly, but soon lost our shape and Culdrose started to cut through us at will, and it was no surprise when they got the fourth.

We pulled a goal back straight away when Graham Griffiths clearance was flicked on by emergency centre midfielder, Ashley Farrow, to Page who squared for Mike Cudlipp to poke home.

We then started to play some better football and I then had a chance to cut the deficit further, but somehow managed to shoot straight at their keeper's privates when I had the whole goal in front of me.

To make matters worse I gave away a penalty - it was a foul, but looking at the foot marks it was just outside the area - which was duly dispatched for their fifth.

Culdrose then could have put the game out of sight, but poor finishing and some excellent goalkeeping from Griffiths, as well some last ditch defending stopped them scoring again.

We pulled back two more goals in the last five minutes, both from Mike Cudlipp to complete his hat-trick.

The first came after a great run by Dale Bickford, and the second from a free kick that was headed back across goal by Anthony MacDonald.

But it was too little too late.

Looking at the table after today's results we find ourselves second bottom, but bizarrely, only Tremough and Truro have scored more goals than us or have better goal differences! I'd rather have more points though :unsure: