Cornwall Football Forum

Darren Hicks

By all accounts, he was offered "crazy" money by Falmouth Town.

I for one was very disappointed to see him leave "the ashes", as I thought he gave the team a great shape.

Money is not everything, as many players have found.

Whether Saltash United would want him back or would he want to return is the point.

Guest Back of the net

What have you heard? Gossip isn't exactly who people wouldn't sign for is it? Trust me pal, Torpoint is their club and now with Ricky in charge they're both gagging to go back!!!!

Guest Back of the net

He left because he thought the grass was greener. The club was at a low, but now he realises where his heart really is. He's a Torpoint boy, him and Whitey. and now

they're ready to come home

Only one place Hicko will go if he leave Falmouth and thats back to Torpoint and i reckon Shane White will follow,heard he was fuming with being pushed out to right back after Menhenick signed

find that strange, understood shane signed at falmouth to play right back but due to shortage of c/backs has been playing there. his preferred postion is c/mid but falmouth have an abundance of midfielders and not many defenders.

Is that right? Where, and from whom, did you hear all these 'accounts'?

I...overheard a conversation...who the people were I do not know.

:lol:

:)

Gentlemen-I've never seen so many tongues in cheeks!! What a lot of old tosh you come out with on here.

You seriously need to get out more-do something constructive and useful!! LOL

B) ;)

Is that right? Where, and from whom, did you hear all these 'accounts'?

I attended a local match in South East Cornwall and overheard a conversation relating to Darren Hicks, who the people were I do not know.

But to be honest, it is common knowledge that Falmouth Town/Alan Carey "splash the cash" in early season. When the league title or trophies are out of reach, suddenly cash "dries up" and players leave or get shown the door.

You need to be very sure if you are going to make comments like that, and for once back it up with your name, but you can't do either can you.

Mr Deacon this needs sorting, perhaps you had better call me.

Alan, I'm not sure who you are suggesting should call you - "Pastyman" or me. Whichever, I wouldn't worry too much about these sorts of posts - they're obviously concerned that Falmouth are getting a squad together to threaten for the title and so just trying to rock the boat. Take it as a compliment perhaps.

You don't need pastymans real name, next time you play Saltash just look in the crowd for some wierd bloke who has green skin(envy)and big ears(over hears all gossip)! that will be pastyman!!

Anyway good luck to all at Falmouth, Both Alan and Steve deserve some good fortune after all the work they put in behind the scenes.

You don't need pastymans real name, next time you play Saltash just look in the crowd for some wierd bloke who has green skin(envy)and big ears(over hears all gossip)! that will be pastyman!!

Anyway good luck to all at Falmouth, Both Alan and Steve deserve some good fortune after all the work they put in behind the scenes.

LOL

No envy here.

Is this, is this not a FOOTBALL FORUM?

Yoda supports Saltash ?

Yoda supports Saltash ?

Thought he meant Shrek!

No I havent got a twin brother, my younger brother sadly died at the age of 12.

My original post was totally overheard at a recent match. If I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't have put it on here. It wasn't meant to be malicious and if I have caused any embarrassment to Darren Hicks, my apologies.

My original post was totally overheard at a recent match. If I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't have put it on here. It wasn't meant to be malicious and if I have caused any embarrassment to Darren Hicks, my apologies.

It's not Darren Hicks you've embarrassed. Maybe Dave should open another forum where the likes of you, the Boss and Hoppit could post gossip they've overheard. :ph34r:

It's not Darren Hicks you've embarrassed. Maybe Dave should open another forum where the likes of you, the Boss and Hoppit could post gossip they've overheard. :ph34r:

Where did i say i overheard something? I was told something but i didn't know if the amount of money mentioned was true, i don't mind you slagging me off but get your facts right. :SM_carton:

Where did i say i overheard something? I was told something but i didn't know if the amount of money mentioned was true, i don't mind you slagging me off but get your facts right. :SM_carton:

Slagging off? Sorry mate...if I realised your skin was mono atomic thick I wouldn't have posted my gentle jibe. ;)

I'll ask again...how much money were these players (allegedly) offered?

Slagging off? Sorry mate...if I realised your skin was mono atomic thick I wouldn't have posted my gentle jibe. ;)

I'll ask again...how much money were these players (allegedly) offered?

What does mono atomic mean? Can't say mate may just be gossip and i don't like gossip. It was pre season so dont really matter. I am a little touchy sometimes think i'll have a peppermint tea.