Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Results November 19th 2011

st.keverne 7 portreath 2

great display from st.keverne after last weeks dissapointing result.2-0 up inside 15 mins and a number of great chances,including two missed penaltys should have put the game to bed before the break.it was portreath who scored next to make the score 2-1 at half time.second half started more even but a quick fire double from st.keverne seemed to ease the nerves but,to portreaths credit they pulled another back to make it 4-2.portreath started pushing forward to try and get something from the game but this seemed to favour st.keverne as there pace and slick passing on the break earned them 3 more goals to cap a pretty good all round performance.

one sour point was centre forward alan thomas going off with 10-15 to go with a knee injury that we hope isnt as bad as first fears suggest.

st.keverne goalscorers were

alan thomas x3

dan oliver

jason philips

matthew sharpe

steve hosking

Premier

Gwinear 0 - 3 St Agnes

Aggie started strongly in this game, never giving the home side any time on the ball, and created a string of chances in the opening exchanges. Shane Cameron twice went close with headers whilst Sam Connolly and Lewis Makinson were a constant threat on the flanks.

The away team took the lead when James Thomas drove a corner in at the front post which went through a crowd of players and into the net. The second followed within 10 minutes as Aggie dominated possession and Spencer Hassell turned and curled his shot over the keeper from the edge of the area.

James Thomas got the 3rd directly from a freekick from 40yards out, wide on the left.

The Saints had further chances in a one sided first half and could have gone 4-0 up from the penalty spot but for great save from Hassells pen. HT 3-0.

The second half was more evenly contested and both teams battled well, creating half chances at either end. Hassell had a shot blocked on the line and Graham G made a comfortable save from Gwinears best chance.

The end of the game was soured when a Gwinear defender made a sything tackle on Jake Hills in the box for a certain penalty and arguably a straight red. The home player then got Jake in a headlock and and dropped to the floor in some kind of wrestling move giving the ref no choice but to produce a red card. However the sum total of the refs decision was to give a yellow card and a goal kick.

Good luck to Gwinear for the rest of the season, a good bunch despite the late scuffle. It was a comfortable win for Aggie, and could have been more than 3 in the end.

Div 4

Madron 0 - 8 Mawnan.

Goals from

Ryan whitbred x 2

Chris Wood x 2

Greg weal

Tom hunt

Freddie christophers

And a volley from debutant dave "Bushy" bush

Mawnan dominated this game from the start. The madron players did frustrate us at times and caused a dip in our performance in the 2nd half.

Many thanks to the stand in referee from madron as the referee didnt turn up! Bad drills!

Good debut from bushy who slotted straight into the middle alongside dan thomas.

Mawnan goals from Brian wheeler and Ronald retchford! Ludgvan captain shown the red card for foul language towards the referee with about 10 minutes remaing! Ludgvan no 4 I take my hat off to you, you whinge more than my mrs. Although unlike you she can't manage it for a full 90 minutes! Otherwise decent bunch of lads

Premier

Gwinear 0 - 3 St Agnes

Aggie started strongly in this game, never giving the home side any time on the ball, and created a string of chances in the opening exchanges. Shane Cameron twice went close with headers whilst Sam Connolly and Lewis Makinson were a constant threat on the flanks.

The away team took the lead when James Thomas drove a corner in at the front post which went through a crowd of players and into the net. The second followed within 10 minutes as Aggie dominated possession and Spencer Hassell turned and curled his shot over the keeper from the edge of the area.

James Thomas got the 3rd directly from a freekick from 40yards out, wide on the left.

The Saints had further chances in a one sided first half and could have gone 4-0 up from the penalty spot but for great save from Hassells pen. HT 3-0.

The second half was more evenly contested and both teams battled well, creating half chances at either end. Hassell had a shot blocked on the line and Graham G made a comfortable save from Gwinears best chance.

The end of the game was soured when a Gwinear defender made a sything tackle on Jake Hills in the box for a certain penalty and arguably a straight red. The home player then got Jake in a headlock and and dropped to the floor in some kind of wrestling move giving the ref no choice but to produce a red card. However the sum total of the refs decision was to give a yellow card and a goal kick.

Good luck to Gwinear for the rest of the season, a good bunch despite the late scuffle. It was a comfortable win for Aggie, and could have been more than 3 in the end.

Agree with most of that above , we blew our chance today to go top !! Not one of my team played any football what so ever , the ref had a poor game today but was no worst than any of the home side . Credit to Aggie they were 1st to everything and were worthy of their 3 - 0 lead although each goal was very avoidable , 1st coming from a corner that was miss kicked ( the taker shouted in annoyance at his delivery) but it proved effect as it was turned in at the near post for an og . The second was a great shot but my Gran given that much time could look good very poor defending and the 3rd was a harmless free kick that just needed someone in the home defence to get a head on it . I can imagine that I'd be talking about the quality of the attack if they were our goals but from a defenders point of view they were all very poor and avoidable ( I sound like Alan Hansen ) .

Our keeper provided the only highlight for us today saving brilliantly from a penalty that never was , outside the box and not a foul, but these things even themselves out as stated above Aggie should of had a pen second half when our defender cleaned out the no.6 , however he had nothing to do with the scuffle afterwards our left back needlessly tried picking up the lad having not seen it was a clear foul and natural the lad took umbrage to this and they wrestled each other to the floor for a bit of handbags.

Mark Hills shouted at one of our players in the second half when he felt he dived that he'd watched to much Motd and on the subject of Motd the attitude of the Aggie players I felt contributed to the Refs poor performance today , from the 1st whistle he had another 6 or 7 refs appealing for everything from the obvious to the ridiculous constantly surrounding him which i see on Motd each week and should never be allowed to happen.

Never were we going to win this game today Aggie were the better team and we never even tested the visiting keeper . Good luck lads until we meet again.

Trelawny 1 Newlyn non althelictico 6-5 st day Newlyn by far the better team in 1st having most of the play and chances went in at the break 4-2 up!! St day came out alot stronger in the 2nd half and created alot of chances could of even won the game newlyns goals in the 2nd half coming from poor marking from 2 corners !!! St day scorers (rappo 3 Elliott dodd 1 Gary Kay 1) not long to wait till are next meeting dec 17th !!!

Trelawny League Div. 3

Lanner 1 .v. Holman SC Res 3

A much welcome win and important 3 points with our league position not as we would like! All too often this season we've been on the receiving end of an early goal so it was good to see the age old adage of ' these things even out over a season ' come to the fore when Jordan Jackson and Nigel Hambly combined within the first 5 minutes to set Phil Greenlaw on his way who finished low to the home 'keepers right. Overall, there weren't a great deal of chances in the game, both sides played decent football in spells in the 1st half but the game was to and fro in the middle of the park for the most part. Lanner created a few half chances but a shot on target following a free kick was saved well by Adam Batchelor diving to his right. Highlight of the 1st half was an attempted overhead kick from Nigel Hambly! Second half was much of the same, Lanner utilised the long ball more, trying to get their number 9 more involved, but Bevin Stone marked him well. Substitute Jaime Cooper gave us all a sigh of relief when he was put through by Martin Jenkin and hit a screamer across the 'keeper but thoughts of the game being won were short lived when Lanner replied with a run and cross from the left and their lad slid in at the back post to score. We didn't allow this to affect us and secured the points when Jaime Cooper played Phil Greenlaw in for his second of the day.

All the best to Lanner FC for the season.

Dunn Cup

Illogan 0-2 Goonhavern (0-2 h/t)

Great team performance from us today; each of the 14 players used put in a shift and never really gave Illogan any space to play. Could have been more and I don't think that would have flattered us either despite Illogan pressing in the second half. Goals came from Ian Gosling and Sam Mansfield. Everyone was on top of their game today, however, special mention has to go Martin Bennetts who was an absolute monster at the back.

Thought the referee had a very good game today too. All the best to Illogan - it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up playing you again more than once this season.

Also heard it was Carharrack 1-4 Threemilestone and Goonhavern res. 1-3 Redruth res.

Premier

Mawnan 2-0 Ludgvan.

Mawnan 1-0 up at half time, then had to withstand lots of Ludgvan pressure in the second half before scoring on the counter in injury time.

Feisty game? Four yellow cards and a red for Gerans James.

Mawnan looking like a very handy side in this division. Beat Threemilestone last weekend and Ludgvan today - no goals against either!

T Div 3

Threemilestown v RNAS Culdrose 1-3

Another good win for Culdrose today on what was a very boggy uneven pitch, Culdrose took the lead from a corner through a Dean Goulding header his 8th of season and 5th in last 4 games ;). Tms then replied with a header of their own, with Culdrose quite rightly awarded a penalty just before half time which Sutty calmly place away. 2nd half and Culdrose captain finally turned up with his boots partnered Dean in midfiled as usual, brought a calming effect to the side, another corner and Goulding connected well forcing the keeper to make a good save which unfortunatly for him he couldnt hold onto and Spike had an easy tap in. A good result in the end for Culdrose who could of scored more, other highlights - Shocking miss from Simmo in second halve. Crash made great early stop, MOM - Gav good performance. farewell Johnnie greig.

Pendeen 2-3 Constantine Jubille Cup

Pendeen started the better side taking an early lead and totally in control,but constantine kept on battling well.Then early in the 2nd half Pendeen doubled there lead and looked like an easy win was in store but then with 10 mins to go constantine got themselves back in to the game making it 2-1 then Pendeen totally switched off and constantine equalised taking the game to extra time.Constantine obviously on major high after the event of the 2nd half and mix up between Pendeen full back and keeper gifted constantine an early xmas present,Pendeen responded well and took total control of the 2nd half of extra time but just could not finish.A well contested game gd luck to constantine in the next round and look forward to playing you guys in a few weeks in the league.

Trelawny 2 - Titans 3-4 Illogan 3rds. We were 3 0 down at Ht, and got the bollocking we needed, but also had belief. Came out second half different team and put titans under a lot of pressure. Goals came from stu rule, tom butt, micheal barret and steve abbott - smith. Great performance and team effort, Happy Days :) all the best titans !!

Premier

Gwinear 0 - 3 St Agnes

Agree with most of that above , we blew our chance today to go top !! Not one of my team played any football what so ever , the ref had a poor game today but was no worst than any of the home side . Credit to Aggie they were 1st to everything and were worthy of their 3 - 0 lead although each goal was very avoidable , 1st coming from a corner that was miss kicked ( the taker shouted in annoyance at his delivery) but it proved effect as it was turned in at the near post for an og . The second was a great shot but my Gran given that much time could look good very poor defending and the 3rd was a harmless free kick that just needed someone in the home defence to get a head on it . I can imagine that I'd be talking about the quality of the attack if they were our goals but from a defenders point of view they were all very poor and avoidable ( I sound like Alan Hansen ) .

Our keeper provided the only highlight for us today saving brilliantly from a penalty that never was , outside the box and not a foul, but these things even themselves out as stated above Aggie should of had a pen second half when our defender cleaned out the no.6 , however he had nothing to do with the scuffle afterwards our left back needlessly tried picking up the lad having not seen it was a clear foul and natural the lad took umbrage to this and they wrestled each other to the floor for a bit of handbags.

Mark Hills shouted at one of our players in the second half when he felt he dived that he'd watched to much Motd and on the subject of Motd the attitude of the Aggie players I felt contributed to the Refs poor performance today , from the 1st whistle he had another 6 or 7 refs appealing for everything from the obvious to the ridiculous constantly surrounding him which i see on Motd each week and should never be allowed to happen.

Never were we going to win this game today Aggie were the better team and we never even tested the visiting keeper . Good luck lads until we meet again.

Fair enough, I didn't realise their were 2 different players involved in the incident at the end.

You're dead right, the first goal was a miskick and an OG but I was bribed to suggest that it went straight in!

Premier

Gwinear 0 - 3 St Agnes

Fair enough, I didn't realise their were 2 different players involved in the incident at the end.

You're dead right, the first goal was a miskick and an OG but I was bribed to suggest that it went straight in!

Haha we had one in our favour last week and our lad that took the corner was keen to claim it too !!!

Well played today , good win hope you keep up the good run , was great to catch up with Mrs Mills top bloke .

Div 2

Rosudgeon 2 madron 0

Good performance from my lads today even in defeat was delighted with their efforts, certainly improving.

Only down side was a poor refereeing performance !!, but as it was from a guy i,ve personally got a lot of respect for in the game, that,s enough said about it.

finally well played to rosudgeon look a good side who will challenge for the title this year.

Div 2

Storm 3 v west Cornwall 3

First time this season is have a storm side have not stopped running till the final whistle. Against stithians last week we couldn't take a chance this week we created about 4 or 5 chances and took 3. West Cornwall were one nil up through a well worked goal. We then replied with a goal from a corner and a good finish which meant ht 2-1 up against the only unbeaten side in the league. Second half we were under a lot of pressure and did well to hold out untill west Cornwall found an equalizer. More west Cornwall pressure led to the 5th goal of the game which was one for us on the counter as Paul billings grabbed his second. Again west Cornwall came for us again and grabbed a goal 5 mins from time to equalize and another with about 2 mins left which was rightfully chalked off.

Goal scorers- Paul billings 2, Andy osbourne

Storm mom Paul billing

Did Ian Grant play for Constantine today? Looks like Bushy has settled straight in. What happened to the young lad that normally plays in the middle for Mawnan, has he moved outwide or upfront?

Hayden van riian is the young lad and is fantastic player, id say our best player. he was injured today so bushy slotted in there. Weve got a large squad but theres always people away.

HALSETOWN RESERVES 2 ST IVES RES 0. good local derby well competed by both sides, and a first because st ives cant blame us beating them on the pitch, scorers ian hodge penalty, dan hudson header, amazing turnout as well about 60 too seventy spectators. halse town back four and lee norman played well as did alfie turner and jake cook for st ives,

Div 4

Rangers 1 St Buryan 2

Cant complain at the scoreline it could have been worse. St Buryan looked a good side today and will prove a real handfull for any side, especially when their first team don't have a game. We went into the half 1 down pulled it level but were undone a few minutes later. Was a real battle today, both sides had chances but failed to make the most of them.

Thought the ref had a really good game, ref'd with real common sence.

T Div 3

Threemilestown v RNAS Culdrose 1-3

Another good win for Culdrose today on what was a very boggy uneven pitch, Culdrose took the lead from a corner through a Dean Goulding header his 8th of season and 5th in last 4 games ;). Tms then replied with a header of their own, with Culdrose quite rightly awarded a penalty just before half time which Sutty calmly place away. 2nd half and Culdrose captain finally turned up with his boots partnered Dean in midfiled as usual, brought a calming effect to the side, another corner and Goulding connected well forcing the keeper to make a good save which unfortunatly for him he couldnt hold onto and Spike had an easy tap in. A good result in the end for Culdrose who could of scored more, other highlights - Shocking miss from Simmo in second halve. Crash made great early stop, MOM - Gav good performance. farewell Johnnie greig.

Good luck Jonny Greig, one of the original reserve team players after our re-election who has always volunteered for off the pitch jobs! A true clubman.

Great result lads!

OB CUP Q/FINAL

TROON 4 - 9 FOUR LANES

A GOOD GAME SPOILT BY SOME VERY DODGEY REFFING AT TIMES. LIKE PLUMBEBOY SAID 1 OF THERE GOALS THT GOT DISALLOWED ACTUALLY WENT THREW THE NET WITH THE REF SAYIN HE DIDNT CHECK THEM BEFORE THE GAME. BUT WITH THAT SAID WE TOOK A EARLY LEAD WITH OUR FIRST ATTACK FOR US THINKING THERE COULD BE A SHOCK RESULT WE FOUND OURSELF LEVEL ABOUT 5 MINS LATER. OUR SECOND CAME FROM A PENALTY WHICH TOOK A WHILE FOR THE REF 2 EVEN DECIDE WHAT HE HAD GIVEN BUT YET AGAIN GOT PULLED LEVEL MORE OR LESS STRAIGHT AWAY. THE THIRD CAME FROM A OVER HIT BALL INTO THE BOX WHICH THE BOUNCE DECEIVED THE KEEPER AND OVER HIS HEAD SO GOING INTO HALF TIME IT WAS TROON 3-2 FOURLANES. BUT THAT WAS THE CHANGING POINT FOUR LANES CAME OUT VERY STRONG FOR THE SECOND HALF AND SCORING 2 MORE OR LESS STRAIGHT OFF KICK OFF BUT THTS THY WAY WE HAVE DEFENDED MOST OF THE SEASON(SLOPPY) WE THN HAD A GOAL OF OUR OWN DISALLOWED WITH THE LINES MAN FLAGGING FOR OFFSIDE WHEN THERE WINGER WAS STANDING THE BYLINE PLAYING US ALL ON BUT SAYIN THT WE NEVER GOT BACK INTO IT WITH FOURLANES SCORING FOUR MORE BEFORE A MIX UP IN DEFENCE ALLOWED TROON TO GET THERE FOURTH WITH A EASY TAP IN. GAME WAS PLAYED IN A GOOD SPIRT WITH NO BAD TACKLES FLYING IN WHICH ALOUD THE GAME TO FLOW.

THINK THAT FOUR LANES WILL DO WELL IN THIS CUP THEY GOT A STRONG TEAM AND GOOD BUNCH OF LADS SEE YOU NEXT FOR A REMATCH IN THE LEAGUE

TROON GOALSCORERS

MATT SARA X3

CHRIS NETTLE X1

Down at madron yesterday we had one of the local supporters referee for us in his jeans and jumper, we started the game and he didnt have a watch or whistle lol, however if he knew the rules through and through or not he did a fantastic job and was probably one of the best refs weve had all season. Top marks.

skeletor, it sounds like you need to get him to ref all your games and at least we would have one happy team at the end of the season, also think of the ref fee`s you will save, another plus it will release another referee for elsewhere when the appointments sec is short. This is a serious comment not sarcasm.

Trelander 4 Marazion 5

Cracking battle which could have gone either way. Some great goals and some terrible one's too.

Both teams agreed the ref had a shocker,stopping the game all the time, playing Basketball non-contact rules, corners which were throw-ins and vice-versa, blatant pens and handballs when noses were bleeding from hitting the face!!

Hard but fair battle all over the pitch. Two debuts today for Mz, Jason scoring and doing well and Giles turning back the clock upfront.

Goals from Lee 2, Ging 1, Jason 1 and Ryan 1

Man of the match: Ryan in the middle, covered every blade of the pitch, supporting upfront, helping the defence and bossing the middle.

All the best to Trelander and look forward to the battle at ours later in the season.

Isn't Lee Norman suspended?

I have been informed that Mr.Norman has served his three match suspension over the past three weeks and was available to play yesterday.

Just a bit confusing as it shows this on thefa.com

Norman, Lee 29/10/11 19/11/11 3 Division 3 Halsetown Reserves

The FA Website is wrong,he has served his three match suspension..

Dunn Cup

Illogan 0-2 Goonhavern (0-2 h/t)

Great team performance from us today; each of the 14 players used put in a shift and never really gave Illogan any space to play. Could have been more and I don't think that would have flattered us either despite Illogan pressing in the second half. Goals came from Ian Gosling and Sam Mansfield. Everyone was on top of their game today, however, special mention has to go Martin Bennetts who was an absolute monster at the back.

Thought the referee had a very good game today too. All the best to Illogan - it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up playing you again more than once this season.

Also heard it was Carharrack 1-4 Threemilestone and Goonhavern res. 1-3 Redruth res.

Can't deny anything you have said above great team performance from goonhavern yes you did stop us playing we only created a few chances might have been a different game if we hadn't missed the one on one which was hit at the keeper but thats football for you if 's and buts.... well done to goonhavern great bunch of lads and we wish you well in this cup and the 2 guys up front where my man of the match as they worked tirelessly up front.

Div 5

Hayle 4ths 1 v 1 Newlyn NA Res

Both teams near the top of the table. Both teams went for it. Good standard of football on a great pitch for Div 5 football. Fair result - neither side can complain too much about that!

Newlyn NA Res remain the only unbeaten team in the division :)