Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup Expulsion

Is this a forum or not ?

Topic about St Agnes expulsion from the Senior Cup has been locked ( by the administrators I assume )

Have they been thrown out - If so why ?

I can understand some of the individuals involved keeping shtum but if they have been expelled then surely the CCFA have given a reason.

Is someone somewhere willing to break the Omerta

Is this a forum or not ?

Topic about St Agnes expulsion from the Senior Cup has been locked ( by the administrators I assume )

Have they been thrown out - If so why ?

I can understand some of the individuals involved keeping shtum but if they have been expelled then surely the CCFA have given a reason.

Is someone somewhere willing to break the Omerta

deadcert started the topic and wrote at the end end of topic, as he/she started it then they have the authority to close or delete it as well, may have been them!

No it was me who took the decision to close the topic.

I haven't got a clue why they have been chucked out of the competition, but I got the feeling that as it was possibly sensitive and not all to do with football, i didn't want either St Agnes or anyone else trying to guess getting in further trouble with the CCFA!

As it is at the moment, there's no mention of anything on the CCFA website and in fact the original drawn fixture of Porthleven v St Agnes is still listed.

As I'm away in a sandy place Dave is in charge of the forum and understand why he closed the orginal topic.

Just found out why St Agnes were kicked out the Senior Cup and it has absoultely nothing to do with football.

In my opinion the CCFA have got it wrong. In fact, I dont even know why they have got involved, it's a civil matter.

Yes I started the topic and Dave is right to have closed it and better for all if this one gets closed too. if St Darren tried to explain it might be read differently to the way he was trying to put it over and all you people delving for a scandle will jump on the band wagon.

Also you comment CCFA will be on you and no we are not running scared but being sensible afterall all we want to do is play footy.

Yes I started the topic and Dave is right to have closed it and better for all if this one gets closed too. if St Darren tried to explain it might be read differently to the way he was trying to put it over and all you people delving for a scandle will jump on the band wagon.

Also you comment CCFA will be on you and no we are not running scared but being sensible afterall all we want to do is play footy.

Sorry but were you not "delving for a scandle (scandal)" with your first topic ?? :wacko: :wacko:

Which read" Having read this weeks newspaper I see that St Agnes have being thrown out of the senior cup and possibly stopped from entering the cup next season. No reasons given and it,s not been posted on here. Anyone shed some light?"

A little bit hypocritical don't you think ?

Ok - having now learnt some more about this situation, I can't see any reason why not to post the following.

It's certainly one for you to decide whether it's to do with football or not? I've spoken to two people this afternoon about it - and both had completely different opinions as to whether it's a footballing issue or not.

Yes - it was nothing to do with the game, it was something that happened hours later and not a referee or match official in sight. But see for yourself - from what I gather, on the way back from their Preliminary Round Senior Cup tie, the club stopped off at a pub between Saltash and St Agnes, where perhaps behaviour wasn't as good as it should have been.

The landlord subsequently reported the problem to the CCFA, who couldn't make a decision on something they thankfully have not had to before. They referred it onto the FA who came back with the punishment.

Out of this season's competition and next season's as well I think I've seen written somewhere. Bit harsh for next season - could be a completely different set of players as the "offenders" could move on and play in the Cup again for someone else!

There's lots of questions that can be asked - why did the landlord report it to the CCFA and not get the police in? Why couldn't the CCFA have made a decision themselves?

This is the big question already raised and which I am sure will leave your opinions split - is it a footballing issue or not? As I see it, this depends on whether the people who did it were still wearing club kit, club colours, club pullovers or tracksuits or something with the club emblem/logo on, whatever they might have been wearing which meant they were still representing their team?

I hope I have summarised this issue accurately. Please let me know if not.

Seems odd that this matter was not reported to the police in the first place. It was a civil matter therefore the first point of call was the police no the CCFA.. If indeed the club is barred from next seasons competition then some of the players who were involved can go on and play for another team while newcomers to the club will be punished. Not a very satisfactory outcome at all.

I think St Stephens Boro should seek re-admission to the SC as they were the team involved on the day, presumably (24/09/11 Prelim).

The CCFA should not have allowed the St Agnes v Fal Ath R1 match to go ahead until a decision had been made.

However we are taking about footy authorities and we all know how slow they are to reach the wrong decision!

We had a similar situation back on the Isle of Wight about 20 years ago, an Island side playing an away fixture on the mainland in the Hampshire Cup. On their way back after winning they were accused of causing a disturbance on the IOW Ferry and were banned form the Hampshire Cup for the current and following season.

On that occasion though it was a police matter before it was referred to the County FA.

The main question is at what point do players not become the responsibility of the Club. If this was Truro City having contracted players then I could maybe see a point in this (This is not an anti Truro Post) But a park side that is well run by Martin and Mandy and players that only play for the love of the game

???????????

As appearing on the CCFA website:-

St Agnes FC have been eliminated from the Westinsure Cornwall Senior Cup after allegations of misconduct by players from the club were proved.

Dawn Aberdeen, Cornwall FA Chief Executive said " We received complaints about the behaviour of some players from St Agnes away from the ground after their Preliminary Round match. The allegations of unauthorised removal of certain articles from a public house were proved. We take a very serious view on these matters and have removed the club from this year's and next year's competition."

The club were also fined £200.

As the incident occurred before the Round 1 match, Falmouth Athletic have been reinstated and will play Porthleven in Round 2.

Hi guys - thanks for all the comments and thoughts - a terribly difficult situation all around for us at St Agnes AFC.

We hope you understand it is not appropriate for St Agnes AFC to place comments regarding this on a public forum.

Thank you St Darren for being so well behaved on this forum regarding this issue - and for actually pointing out that you understand why its important to do so! Top brownie points for you and thanks for adhering to what your club asked you to do!!!

The Club is currently reviewing its position and we have also been approached for an official comment - which we are considering at present.

Personal messages or emails are fine but please keep your thoughts away from this public forum.

Thanks for the messages received so far! Mandy & Martyn and all at St Agnes AFC

PS Forgot to wish Papa Smurf (Mr Phil Kellow!) and all at Falmouth Athletic good luck in their Cup fixture V Porthleven! x

Aggiemaid,

Although you'd obviously like it " left there now " the reality is that this is a topic that people want to comment on and will comment on.

I was the one that started this topic and for what it's worth I feel that you've been treated extremely harshly.

If what has been stated on here is what happened then I imagine someone woke up with a sore head on Sunday morning and a big sense of regret for some " foolish behaviour "

Surely the return of the property and a profound apology would have sufficed.

If the licencee of the pub reported a theft then the police would have taken the necessary action against the individual(s) concerned.

No one in their right mind would expect the duffers at the CCFA to have any idea what to do ( I'm 52 and 16 stone and don't care if I'm banned for ever if they're spying ) but the FA have been far too heavy handed.

If this punishment goes ahead then everybody connected with the club is punished - Committee, groundsman etc

Reckon it's worth an appeal

Guest smashing pumpkin

i dont think its harsh, if you missbehave and steal other people property you should be punished. if no punishment was served, no lesson will be learnt.

just my opinion. obvisly alot of people may not agree .

the punishment given to st agnes sends out a message to the rest of us .

Guest smashing pumpkin

So if I go to the pub in my team tracksuit and steal something or have a fight will that cause problems for my team from the CCFA?

Police matter yes, CCFA matter I feel not

well its simple cat isnt it behave yourself . and you wont have to worry about it

Guest smashing pumpkin

So if a Man Utd supporter went in a pub after winning an Fa cup 3rd round ( as they are not in the qualifying rounds ) and stole a loo roll

would they be kicked out of the comp??

so was it a st agnes fan who stole from the pub or a st agnes player.?

So if I go to the pub in my team tracksuit and steal something or have a fight will that cause problems for my team from the CCFA?

well its simple cat isnt it behave yourself . and you wont have to worry about it

What I was trying to get across was that clubs don't always have control over what players get up to in their own time!

Guest smashing pumpkin

What I was trying to get across was that clubs don't always have control over what players get up to in their own time!

your right cat they dont , but if they behaved themselfs they wouldnt of been kicked out the cup.