Cornwall Football Forum

FA killing grass root football!!!

Sorry, yes original post was a bit vague. Apparently the clubs have already been advised and so it's nothing new to them as the FA are insisting on certain ground grading standards being in place by March next year. Find out for the detail from them perhaps.

However, they are a "must" requirement as far as the FA are concerned, which as I see it will, in effect, mean the likes of Falmouth and St Blazey, who have entered the FA Cup for years and years not being eligible.

Sorry, yes original post was a bit vague. Apparently the clubs have already been advised and so it's nothing new to them as the FA are insisting on certain ground grading standards being in place by March next year. Find out for the detail from them perhaps.

However, they are a "must" requirement as far as the FA are concerned, which as I see it will, in effect, mean the likes of Falmouth and St Blazey, who have entered the FA Cup for years and years not being eligible.

Dave, this is another vague comment and adds little more than your original post.

Whilst we do not expect you to go into "chapter and verse", a few more details would give your post some credablity.

What have St Blazey not got that would stop them entering the F.A cup?

The ground is fully enclosed, 3 paying entrances if required, floodlights in place, toilets in the ground, cover for players to enter the pitch.

How much more is really required for crowds of 80 to 250 for F.A cup days? :wacko:

The way were playing wed be lucky to play in the senior cup but thats not the point. If were talking about the ground then I dont see what St Blazey or Falmouth need. Certainly many grounds with much worse facilities that enter for sure.

If its down to league postion then we cant argue with that. Although being a club thats entered for so long every year would make it a real shame not to be part of it. Always nice to see who you get to play who you might never play again.

As I understand it, we don't have toilets in the home,away or officials changing rooms and that alone will be enough to exclude us. Quite where we are meant to site w.c.'s in these changing rooms is beyond me frankly!! What it does mean for the FA is that clubs like ours and many others who play in these national competitions for kudos and tradition, end up running at a loss to enter most seasons to kick start their competitions. We've spent a lot of time,energy and money we don't have,upgrading our ground to meet their exacting standards only for the goalposts to moved on even further! It will just mean we won't be able to enter until we get a nice new shiny compliant ground somewhere!! Shame-it was an adventure all the same.

Major :SM_carton: :angry2:

• 7 months later...

When will the Camelford lights appear?

I understand that is a project for completion soon.

When I played cricket in Cornwall back in the 1950's there were many occasions for

players to jump over a hedge for a pee, thankfully those days have mainly disappeared.

Surely we can't object to a toilet for Anita - No Anita no game.

When will the Camelford lights appear?

I understand that is a project for completion soon.

When I played cricket in Cornwall back in the 1950's there were many occasions for

players to jump over a hedge for a pee, thankfully those days have mainly disappeared.

Surely we can't object to a toilet for Anita - No Anita no game.

They are going up as i write this. The FA said if they are up by the end of June we could apply to enter the vase, obviously lied.