Cornwall Football Forum

st agnes bolster vets

OK here we have it................Perranporth 2 St.Agnes Bolsters 1,both teams were a bit scrappy in the first half,the Bolsters awarded a penalty which was cooly slotted home by Captain White,but that lead was only held for about 5 mins when Perran were duly awarded a penalty which was also slotted home,and then a slight lose of concentration and Peraan seized the opportunity to punish Aggie with only about 5 left on the clock for the 1st half,2nd half saw Aggie have more of the possession but couldnt convert it into goals,well done Perran for holding on,Next up Western A

• 2 weeks later...

Well where do i start!!!!!!!!!!!! Football is deffo a game of 2 halves as the pundits say,and sadly we lost both,the first half was a dire show from us,in fairness we didnt have a keeper today so had to put an outfield player in,but the half-time scoreline was 1-8 to Bodmin and i feared the worst for the second half,but after the half time team talk we gave a much better account of ourselves,only letting in 2 goals in the second half,final score was Aggie Bolsters 1 Bodmin 10,i would like to thank Bodmin for allowing us to reverse this fixture and play at Priory Park and for the hospitality shown,many many thanks,Lets hope we can have a better show in 2 weeks when we are up against a rejuvinated Aggie A side

hi ledley,just now got your message ,mandy has left my mobile number so either send me a txt or leave your number for me and i,ll get back to you,be glad to have you onboard mate,maybe my luck is about to change!!!!!!we train at truro colege weds nite 8pm start more than welcome to come along,but make sure you see me lol

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone and happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!im a wee bit late,but never mind,its the thought that counts,go carried away with myself goin to Upton Park to see the mighty Claret an Blue army,unfortunetly they lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well great game anyway,

Heres to the important bit................we played Grampound way back in november and after trying to put this fixture off as i was unable to attend we put a team out and im glad to say we won 3-2 so i think the boys got their reward!

Now on to last sunday and a home fixture verses Packhorse,although sitting at the bottom of the league their boys did a tremendus job holding us to a 0-0 half time score line,the second half started good for us and withing 10-15 minutes we went 4-0 up then it went to 5,but Packhorse battled and battled and got a well deserved goal,although i wanted a clean sheet!!!,we put away 2 more and then Packhorse were awarded a penalty which they converted,final score Bolsters 7 Packhorse 2,we are now up to 5th in the league with 2 games left to play,hopefully we can get a least 1 more win to give us a mid table finish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi everyone after a longggggggg period of no games(1st week in december was our last)hopefully we have a game tommorro at Enys Parc,BIG derby match as its Aggie A verses Aggie B,best get there early as theres a big crowd expected,and its free to watch lol,so fingers crossed this game will go ahead,will report the result asap

• 2 weeks later...

WELL THAT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!Bloody weather buggered that fixture up,anyway coming up this weekend see,s us playing Packhorse away,we beat tham early on in the season but they are a great bunch and keep on going so wont be and easy game,this is a cup match so hope we win

had one hellish battle yesterday vrs Packhorse,they took the lead midway through the first half through a penalty which to be honest i thought their player was fouled outside the box,but hey ho,the ref can only give what he see,with the half time whistle looming,we found a way through and with the persistance ok mike cudlip,we got a desevered goal right on the stroke of half time.

The second half got under way and although i thought we had much of the play we couldnt find the goal,our persistance paid off right at the end of the second half when we had a corner and headed the ball into the back of the net only for the lino to give offside!!!!!!so we went straight to penalties and thankfully we were better on the day and won on penalties 3-2,

Well done to packhorse who put up a very strong fight,now onto the semis

I was the linesman and your player was at least 4 feet off side when the ball was played which was from a free kick about 35 yards out and not from a corner. About 5 minutes earlier one of your players ran through, our defenders shouted at me to raise my flag but I kept it down as he timed his run perfectly (not that I would be influenced by my team shouting at me). Regarding the offside, the flag was raised almost immediately and not as a result of the goal. Regarding the penalty awarded to us I've seen them given but I've also seen them laughed away! Really well taken goal by St Agnes, how he managed to regain control of that bouncing ball for a good 30 yards then find the only angle available to score. Probably pens best way to decide game as neither team deserved to lose over 90 mins. St Agnes keepers save on second penalty was incredible, ball hit hard and low towards corner, how he got such a strong hand to flip it over the bar we'll never know. Based on that save which would grace any game, whatever level I think St Agnes deserved it. As always, really enjoy playing against St Agnes, glad we're starting to make a game of it with them! Good luck with the Cup run.

hi there and thanks for your compliments and honesty,i wasnt trying to say it wasnt a penalty but i was on the other side of the pitch and all i meant was that from where i was stood it looked outside the box,and i think your right neither team deserved to lose,your team always gets better as the season goes on and i wasnt looking forward to meeting you,but i must agree with what you said, it was once again a pleasure to play a team that never gives up and plays the game in the spirits to which its supposed to be,i manage the Bolsters and i try to influence fair play,its Vets football after all,theres nothing gained by trying to cheat at offsides etc,thanks again mate,much apprechiated

Hello again!!!!! BIG semi final cup game today verses Bodmin,after being beaten in the league earlier in the season 10-2 we needed to lift our game,but having only just won on penalties in our last game it was going to be a big ask,but nevertheless as the game kicked off we had a couple of chances to go ahead,but never took them and we got punished, by half time Bodmin had found the net twice,we needed some luck in the 2nd half but it really wasnt our day although we did find the net with a very good header,we just couldnt get back in the game,always a bit dangerouse pushing forward looking for that extra goal or two and we got caught a couple of times near the end with a couple of soft goals,but take nothing away from Bodmin they are a solid side but i think the scoreline flattered them a little,6-1,good luck in the final Bodmin,they should have goal machine Derek back for that one!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Its semi final time again,this time we are against Downderry,always a tough team to play against,still struggling to put out a side so not looking forward to this one!!!!!!! oh to be a manager!!!!! you never know theres still time yet to get some txts back lol,anyway lets hope we can pull something out the hat come sunday K.O!

omg where do i start.very very dissappointed,never started well from the start of the week when player after player became unavailable for a semi final cup game!!!!!!!!!!!!! out of a squad of 39 believe it or not i have 9 that havent even played 1 game this season,whats that all about,anyway onto the game,which had to be played at chivvy as another cup game was going to be played later in the afternoon at enys,all seemed to be ok at the start but Downderry broke down the wing and finished with a fine touch,the 2nd followed shortly after,the ball took a terrible bounce that caught players and the goalie out and it resulted in almost a tap in for Downderry,2-0 half time,what do you do when all you have is 1 sub!! i know you keep the same shape and hope for the best,to be fair we had some chances and the lads gave all they had,Downderry got the 3rd and it was all but game over,we did get a penalty late on which hit the woodwork!!!! it wasnt our day,id like to congratulate Mike and the lads from Downderry and wish them all the best in the final,sorry for the poor hospitality given,i was a little embarressed by it,

BIG cup final next week Aggie A verses Aggie B Then final league game verses Western,goodnite x

omg where do i start.very very dissappointed,never started well from the start of the week when player after player became unavailable for a semi final cup game!!!!!!!!!!!!! out of a squad of 39 believe it or not i have 9 that havent even played 1 game this season,whats that all about,anyway onto the game,which had to be played at chivvy as another cup game was going to be played later in the afternoon at enys,all seemed to be ok at the start but Downderry broke down the wing and finished with a fine touch,the 2nd followed shortly after,the ball took a terrible bounce that caught players and the goalie out and it resulted in almost a tap in for Downderry,2-0 half time,what do you do when all you have is 1 sub!! i know you keep the same shape and hope for the best,to be fair we had some chances and the lads gave all they had,Downderry got the 3rd and it was all but game over,we did get a penalty late on which hit the woodwork!!!! it wasnt our day,id like to congratulate Mike and the lads from Downderry and wish them all the best in the final,sorry for the poor hospitality given,i was a little embarressed by it,

BIG cup final next week Aggie A verses Aggie B Then final league game verses Western,goodnite x hi steve unlucky mate very frustrating when players cant or wont make themselves available cant understand them i for one would have walked to aggie to play in cup semi final !!! not many loyal players left good luck in yor final game bud .. come on fellas get behind yor gaffer he is behind you !!! cheers and gone :thumbsup:

hi bud,thanks for the encouragement,frustration is an understatement!!! but i guess most managers experience it,having once played i always gave it my best and signed to play,there were some real genuine ones who couldnt play today,i remember back when i was playing and the team were short,i offered to go as sub for cover knowing full well a knee op was just around the corner and ended up playing all game as they were short,but i did it for the team!anyway moan over lol,lets hope for a strong squad next week :thumbsup:

It is frustrating at any level, I thought you guys gave us a good game, the ref didn't ruin it, the pitch was ok and we had some free crisps after!!

We arrived with the bare 11 but managed to play some decent football at times and when you guys began to move the ball about in the second half I thought you might sneak one.

Very sporting of you not to score the penalty after a soft decision!,

Good luck with your big game next week.

MQx

lol i do think he was meant to put the ball away,but i did think it was a harsh decision in the first place, but the ref saw some shirt tugging!!!! i guess your guy wanted to play for us and help us out!anyway i can laugh about it all now but trust me i was miffed yesterday,always good playing downderry,your very sporting especially with the back pass decision that went against us,you kindly gave us the ball back,all in all it was a good game of footie and yes your right it looked much more encouraging for us in the 2nd half when we finally got to pass the ball about,which by the way i asked for before kick off!no one listens to the manager they know best lol,cheers for you comment,and good luck in the final

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening campers,hi de hi lol,The long awaited derby match between the 2 Aggie sides takes place this weekend!!!!! but looking at the weather grrrrrrrrr bugger off rain!!!!!,anyways lets hope it dries before the weekend and the game can finally be played,Both managers are keen to get this game played as its an end of season finale,with both teams on 12 points,and sat at 5th and 6th in the league,everything is to be played for,who will get the bragging rights????? Having played for Aggie A and now manager of Aggie B my heart has to go with Aggie B,but come final whistle i shall shake the manager and players hands whatever the outcome!

On a final note it just leaves me to say a VERY big thank you to all the players who have supported me this season and turned up to give it their best,its time for me to say goodbye and let someone else take charge next season,ive had some great times at Aggie first as a player with the Aggie A vets and then some coaching then on to manage Aggie B vets,A wonderful 9 seasons altogether,i shall miss the banter,matchday tension and most of all the players ive grown friends with,many many thanks guys,hope to see you guys out and about,

I may have to come back a write a bit more if this game gets cancelled lol,oh yeah and write a final report on the result!!!!

Good evening campers,hi de hi lol,The long awaited derby match between the 2 Aggie sides takes place this weekend!!!!! but looking at the weather grrrrrrrrr bugger off rain!!!!!,anyways lets hope it dries before the weekend and the game can finally be played,Both managers are keen to get this game played as its an end of season finale,with both teams on 12 points,and sat at 5th and 6th in the league,everything is to be played for,who will get the bragging rights????? Having played for Aggie A and now manager of Aggie B my heart has to go with Aggie B,but come final whistle i shall shake the manager and players hands whatever the outcome!

On a final note it just leaves me to say a VERY big thank you to all the players who have supported me this season and turned up to give it their best,its time for me to say goodbye and let someone else take charge next season,ive had some great times at Aggie first as a player with the Aggie A vets and then some coaching then on to manage Aggie B vets,A wonderful 9 seasons altogether,i shall miss the banter,matchday tension and most of all the players ive grown friends with,many many thanks guys,hope to see you guys out and about,

I may have to come back a write a bit more if this game gets cancelled lol,oh yeah and write a final report on the result!!!!

Good luck on your retirement steve big loss to aggie should be proud of what you have achieved top manager top bloke and one hell of a left foot ha ha all the best in your last game

hi Chubbs and thanks very much for your kind words,shame that trusty left foot is out of action,cartalidge operation imminent!!!!! but then again the right leg is knackered so i got nothing to stand on anymore,cheers buddy and good luck in your new managerial role next season,lets just watch this space and see them climb back up that table with you at the helm

St Agnes Bolster Vets and everyone at St Agnes AFC extend our thanks to Steve for all his efforts and hard work whilst involved in the club - just one more year Steve and you would get a club long service award!! (??) Martyn Kimmins will be resuming at the helm for the St Agners Bolster Vets for the 2013/14 Season and is looking forward to some fun sundays with maybe the odd beer or two!

Good luck to Steve in his last game in charge (and Jez of course as I must be impartial as a chaiman!) We hope Steve will still be floating around the edges of the club as he will be a loss to all of us!

Anyone interested in joint the Bolster Vets for next Season please contact Kimmo on 07974 370666 or 01872 553650.

What can i say,such kind and sincere words from the chairman,i did think, after writing that if i was a player id get a testimonial lol its very hard to walk away,even at training last night i still found it difficult to realise that it should be my last training session with the lads,albeit not many Aggie B players have shown much interest,some because they genuinely cant make it,but i showed willing as a manager,if i cant be bothered how can i expect the players,needless to say jez and the Aggie A boys made me and the few players welcome when we turned up and tried our best to bring both teams together and work as a unit,i MAY still hang around,Aggie are one of the best clubs ive been associated with and i was made to feel part of the club,and on a personal note bringing in the players i did to get a good squad of players,i feel id be letting them down after having talked them into joining me,but without those guys i would never of been able to put a team out for all the fixtures,so maybe i may just hang on in there for another season,who knows,my thoughts are on sundays game and lets just see what happens,

Good evening all,well here is the final blog from me as parting manager of St.Agnes Bolster Vets,Last game of the season and we end up playing my old team mates Aggie A!!!! was always gunna be a difficult one as its the big derby game that both sides want to win,even more so for me seeing as it was going to be my final game in charge!

The game started well for us and we seamed to be in control for the first 20-25 mins but no real threat on goal,then Aggie A broke and Thurlow put the ball in the back of the net,disaster!!!!! only for the lino to give offside,what a let off!!!,we did however get a chance of our own when rupert lobbed the keeper only for the ball to hit the crossbar!!!!!,half time 0-0,i knew it was going to be a tense affair,2nd half and Aggie A certainly had the bit between their teeth and we struggled to get out of our own half for almost 20mins but against the run of play Spencer calmly finished a counter attack and stuck the ball in the back of the net,this was the goal we needed to give us the confidence to push forward and 15-20mins later after some fine passing and movement Spencer hit the back of the net for a 2nd time,game over as far as i was concerned as neither team had that many chances at goal,

Well done to my lads for getting me the win to finish off the season,both teams played well and have had a great season,both teams improving on last seasons tally,so well done jez and Aggie A,

Time now for a summer break and take stock of what i do next,thanks for reading my posts and sending the odd reply or two,

Congratulations to both St Agnes AFC Veterans Teams A & Bolsters for a succesful Season - thanks to Steve & Jez for the hardwork they have both put in this Season.

St Agnes AFC will be running 2 veterans sides again next Season and anyone who is interested in playing veterans and is reaching that magic age of 35 (or above) is welcome to get in touch! 07974 370666

See you soon Steve!

Mandy