Cornwall Football Forum

st agnes bolster vets

hi darren,give me a shout in jan,the rules states that i can only play 3) 35-40 year olds in a match which also includes subs,i have a few 35-40 year olds already signed but have 1 thats 40 next week and another in feb,so please do give me a shout

I should look @ the rules as they stand now chap,no limits on 35 year olds now.

• 2 months later...

had a friendly today at perranporth,and at 0-0 at half time it looked pretty even stevens but agiie should of taken advantage of the wind,second half was a much better game for the spectators,there were goals a plenty lol,final score 4-4,perranporth managing an equalizer well into time added on,would like to thank dave and all at perranporth for making us feel welcome and for getting the game on,its very much apprechiated,

steve

• 2 months later...

Hi,a little late but not been on here for a while,ST.Agnes Bolsters vs ST.Agnes A ,At the start of the whistle the Bolsters were in control of the game,never really looked like conceading anything all game,final score ST.Agnes Bolsters 2 ST.Agnes A 0,Well done lads,onwards and upwards

Hi,a little late but not been on here for a while,ST.Agnes Bolsters vs ST.Agnes A ,At the start of the whistle the Bolsters were in control of the game,never really looked like conceading anything all game,final score ST.Agnes Bolsters 2 ST.Agnes A 0,Well done lads,onwards and upwards

COME ON THE BOLSTERS well done mate

• 2 weeks later...

well a bit late but heres an update on latest games,1ST the bolsters vs Bodmin away,we lost 3-0 should have put a couple of goals away but wasnt meant to be and in all honesty Bodmin were the better team on the day and deserved the win,then the next match was Bolsters vs Downderry,a game we should of won but we lost 3-2,gave Downderry a 2 goal start by the time we got going,pulled 1 back by Mike cudlip,brilliant finish,just before half time,so half time score 2-1 to Downderry but we just didnt put our chances away again and ended up losing 3-2,well done Downderry for holding on

• 3 weeks later...

Another late match report,The Bolsters vs Grampound 3/5/2012,The Bolsters were still in the car park by the time they realised that Grampound had already started and already 2 goals up,at half time some words were spoken in the changing room and The Bolsters put in a much better performance in the 2nd half,well worthy of winning the game,although the game ended 2-2 The Bolsters were very unlucky not to get a penalty decision about 10 mins from time,when i mentioned it to the ref after the game,he said in hindsight he thought it was a penalty,but well done to Grampound for holding out,thats the last league game of the season for The Bolsters,i must admit i was hoping for a better finish in the league,but my 1st season taking charge,i guess i gotta be happy,Theres just a cup game vs Bodmin left and then thats it for this season,Will be taking time out before i put pen to paper for another season of hard work lol

• 2 weeks later...

Last sunday saw our last game of the season.a cup quater final match aginst Bodmin,we lost 3-0 to Bodmin a few weeks ago at Priory park,so we wanted to even things up and possibly get ourselves into the semis,after having a delayed kick off as Bodmin got lost lol,the game got unde way,Bodmin get the 1st goal which was what we really didnt want but the lads responded and got a goal back,and just before half-time scored another to put us infront at half time 2-1,the second half we went out believing we could take this game,but a couple of goalkeeping errors allowed Bodmin to score 3 quick goals in about 10 mins,at 4-2 it seemed we had lost control of the game and we had no choice but to put 3 at the back and 5 in midfield,but Bodmin put another past us to make it 5-2,with time running out we managed to put the ball in the back of the net but time ran out and in all fairness Bodmin we once again worthy winners,if only Derek Thompson was unavailable we might of won this one,good luck to Bodmin in the next round,season finished for The Bolsters Vets

Looking for new players for next season,need some committed players who want to play,please contact me via this site,just leave a message and i,ll get back in touch,i check in at least every other day,so if i dont reply straight away dont worry,i will do,many thanks

Great idea Darren and if some aggie players come forward im more than happy to get them signed and play them,but i had 34 players signed this season and believe me,some games i had a bare 11,im looking to sign players that can turn out for The Bolsters more often than they cant,if that makes sense

lol its an idea,i had some players asking about it i used to take training for the other aggie vets team and they seemed to enjoy it,plus i also used to do the warm ups before k.o. but wanted to get my feet under the table just trying to get a team out first,but i have the buzz and want to challenge the like of Bodmin and Western inn,we got the talent just need to get more consistency with players

• 3 weeks later...

hi,im now in the process of arranging some pre-season friendlies,will be in touch with ALL last seasons signed on players but welcome any new players wanting to join a veterans team,

Please get in contact on here if interested and i will get back to you as soon as possible,1st pre-season game arranged with Perranporth in july

• 1 month later...

hello campers lol,message for Tanner,are you still looking for a vets side to play for this season,im in the process of sorting some friendlies,already have 3 clubs willing to play against us,this is a great opportunity for me to check out new players if interested also gives us a good start for the new season,

ANYONE else looking for a vets club this season please get intouch and i will get back to you asap

Hello just a quick up-date,had AGM last night and its full steam ahead for another season of veterans footie,league to start 2nd of september(date to be confirmed)but agreed at last nights AGM,

ALSO any new players wanting to join a very friendly club please get intouch on here,ages from 35 and over,i have pencilled in 3 pre-season friendlies for players old and new wanting to play this season,first date confirmed with Perranporth Vets is 22nd july @Perran 11am K.O.wish to thank Dave @Perran for setting this one up,

played our friendly today and having been let down by 3 players who didnt turn up and couldnt be bothered to let me know..............how frustrating!!!!!!! we ended up having to borrow one of their players, and with myself in goal this was always going to be a fun friendly and all credit to Aggie A they played with great spirit and made it a very good game for everyone,how great is it that 2 teams from the same club can come together and enjoy some football with no nasty tackles,hats off to both teams,as for the result we got beat 4-2,but im sure both teams will field different teams come league fixture,many thanks to chiverton arms for their hospitality

What a fantastic day today at Enys parc, A charity vets tournament with both St.Agnes vets teams joining together to play a St.Agnes select X1,i think i can say fun was had by all that got involved,the game was played with both teams enjoying plenty of the ball and was played in the spirits to which it was meant to be played in,well done to both teams,alhtough the select X1 did run out winners,i think the younger legs did it!!!!!! lol.hats off to Mandy for organising it,WELL DONE.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone,well the season started today for most of the vets teams,we had an away game at St.Dennis,was a very evenly contended first half with the score line at 0-0 but in the second half we lost our way a bit and after letting in the first goal our heads dropped a bit,we then got caught by a quickly taken free kick to make it 2-0,we couldnt do much more than try and push for a goal to get ourselves back into the game but we then got caught on the counter and it was 3-0 and game over,well done to St.Dennis,lets hope we can make amends in our next game in 2 weeks time

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,been away in France so a little bit behind!!!! had a game 2 weeks ago against Downderry and the final result wes 0-2 to Downderry,i couldnt attend the game so dont know how good or bad it was,but we played Western inn B today at Enys parc and im glad to say we have our first win of the season,although a bit nervy in the first 15-20 mins,we ended the first half the more dominant,although the half time score was 0-0,the second half i think we had the majority of the ball and with some neat passing at times, we made it count and went 1 up mid way through the second half,with a few more chances that we should of put away the last 10mins were very nervy and a penalty decision given against us it looked as though Western would get a draw,but a badly taken kick saw the ball go wide,this added to our confidence and we broke down the wing and with a shot at the keeper bouncing into the path of Darren to slot home we came away with a deserved 3 points

• 2 weeks later...