Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Results

Gorran 2 - 3 Camelford

Camels get first win in three at the league 4 leaders

Gorran. Amazingly this one went ahead with half the pitch

in good state and the other seriously boggy.

Camels took the lead halfway through the first half after

a fairly even opening through Dan Piper finding the corner.

Camelford got another ten minutes later, Jamie Burnetts fine

strike proving too much for the home keeper.Camelford

were stronger in all areas for the first half and bouyed

from the good performance in the conditions.

Gorran came flying out from the break and scored with

a blistering strike after five minutes of the second half.

Game on now with gorran sensing the comeback.

Camels regained the two goal cushion through centre back George

Hughes long ranger.Gorran really began fighting hard now

and managed another after beating the offside trap.They hammered

Camelford for the last fifteen with a very close penalty shout

and a goal line clearance.Camels weathered the storm to take

the points.Ref was very good today probably the faires

weve had and explained every decision which is nice.

Well done lads.

st dennis 5-1 boscastle ! well this result was definatly after the lord mares show as last week we were excellent and played really well this week we were very poor in the 1st half we were well on top and had quite a few chances but never got out of 3rd gear and it cost us dear as st dennis came out a completely different side and scored 5 good goals ! certain players in my side today let there fellow team mates down and basically were probably still hungover from the night before which is a shame as the previous week we were so good and thought we might have turned a corner but suppose we will have to start again !!

Mex what can i say???

Today St Newlyn were good but Lamerton were absolute poo and we know it! Lamerton had three chances all game and scored 1 St Newlyn had 9 chances and scored 10 as one chance i fluffed completely dropping the cross at an attackers feet to tap home although by then it was 8-1. Theres not much to say other then that realy we just have to dust down and move on to the next fixture. What can you say to players 5-1 at half time?!?

It upsets me more then pee's me off as the players we have at Lamerton are decent qaulity players and although we had to change the whole back four due to suspentions and absentees is no excuse. Sometimes it seems people dont put enough into the game effort wise with work rate and attitude and its annoying when you put 100% into a club for people and get hardly anything back.

Taking nothing away from St Newlyn they played some great stuff, we were well below par by a long, long way.

I really cant say anymore as i dont really have any explanation to todays result ive never been involved in a game quite like it in the last 15 years!

St Mawgan Reserves 0 LC Phoenix 1

Launceston College Phoenix ground out a hard earned three points against a hard working St Mawgan team. Paul Daymond scored the only goal of the game early in the second half after Nathan Farrer drove from the full back position into the midfield and released Daymond with a precise pass.

Phoenix pushed for a second and Dave Sharpe almost put the alumni team two goals to the good when a thunderous shot smashed off the crossbar. Credit to St Mawgan for playing to the final whistle and thanks to them too for the great food afterwards.

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match Award: Jack Basford

Mex what can i say???

Today St Newlyn were good but Lamerton were absolute poo and we know it! Lamerton had three chances all game and scored 1 St Newlyn had 9 chances and scored 10 as one chance i fluffed completely dropping the cross at an attackers feet to tap home although by then it was 8-1. Theres not much to say other then that realy we just have to dust down and move on to the next fixture. What can you say to players 5-1 at half time?!?

It upsets me more then pee's me off as the players we have at Lamerton are decent qaulity players and although we had to change the whole back four due to suspentions and absentees is no excuse. Sometimes it seems people dont put enough into the game effort wise with work rate and attitude and its annoying when you put 100% into a club for people and get hardly anything back.

Taking nothing away from St Newlyn they played some great stuff, we were well below par by a long, long way.

I really cant say anymore as i dont really have any explanation to todays result ive never been involved in a game quite like it in the last 15 years!

Mate - results like this will happen. Respect to your lads today, and as Secretary of St Newlyn East I wish you the best for the rest of the season. We had a result today, and we are celebrating accordingly. However, it's a marathon, not a sprint, and personally I reckon we are in the most competitive Junior Football standard in the County - nothing can compare to what our sides are putting out week in week out. Possibly even comparable to senior status as we all hope hope to reach!

Best of luck for the rest of the season!

Many thanks to Keith Franks, Fixtures Secretary Duchy League

Saturday 12th November

KMD Developments Duchy Knockout Cup Round 1

Bere Alston United P - P Gunnislake

Foxhole Stars 0 - 6 Pensilva

The Reserves Team Cup Round 1

Pelynt Reserves 1 - 2 Pensilva Reserves

Premier Division

Altarnun 1 - 2 Calstock

Bodmin Saints 1 - 2 Torpoint Athletic

Fowey United 5 - 1 Probus

Mevagissey 2 - 2 St. Cleer

St. Newlyn East 10 - 1 Lamerton

Saltash United 2 - 1 St. Mawgan

First Division

Godolphin Atlantic 3 - 3 St. Dominick

Grampound 5 - 3 Pelynt

St. Columb Major 5 - 1 Looe Town

St. Dennis 5 - 1 Boscastle

Week St. Mary 3 - 2 Polperro

Second Division

Biscovey P - P St. Breward

Holywell & Cubert 4 - 4 Gerrans & St. Mawes United

Lanreath 2 - 3 Sticker

Lostwithiel 3 - 3 Premier Sixes

Maker with Rame 4 - 1 Lewdown Rovers

Queens Rangers 2 - 1 St. Stephen

Third Division

Delabole United P - P Callington Town

Gunnislake Reserves P - P Padstow United

North Petherwin 3 - 1 St. Minver

Roche 2 - 4 Tregony

Tintagel 3 - 1 AFC Bodmin

Fourth Division

Calstock Reserves P - P Lanivet Inn

Gorran 2 - 3 Camelford

St. Mawgan Reserves 0 - 1 LC Phoenix

St. Teath 3 - 1 Wadebridge Town

Stoke Climsland 3 - 0 Charlestown Saints

Fifth Division

Boscastle Reserves 6 - 3 Grampound Reserves

RAF St. Mawgan 2 - 5 Lifton

St. Merryn 5 - 0 Duke of Cornwall

St. Neot 1 - 0 St. Newlyn East Reserves

Southgate 1 - 3 North Hill

Torpoint Comrades P - P Mevagissey Reserves

Gorran 2 - 3 Camelford

Camels get first win in three at the league 4 leaders

Gorran. Amazingly this one went ahead with half the pitch

in good state and the other seriously boggy.

Camels took the lead halfway through the first half after

a fairly even opening through Dan Piper finding the corner.

Camelford got another ten minutes later, Jamie Burnetts fine

strike proving too much for the home keeper.Camelford

were stronger in all areas for the first half and bouyed

from the good performance in the conditions.

Gorran came flying out from the break and scored with

a blistering strike after five minutes of the second half.

Game on now with gorran sensing the comeback.

Camels regained the two goal cushion through centre back George

Hughes long ranger.Gorran really began fighting hard now

and managed another after beating the offside trap.They hammered

Camelford for the last fifteen with a very close penalty shout

and a goal line clearance.Camels weathered the storm to take

the points.Ref was very good today probably the faires

weve had and explained every decision which is nice.

Well done lads.

An absolute pleasure to referee both teams in a physical, yet fair game played in difficult conditions. A big thank you to both teams for an enjoyable afternnon.

I wasn't at the game due to a commitment but I pulled this from the Grampound website.

Grampound 5 - 3 Pelynt

The opening exchanges saw Grampound struggling to cope with a new system and Pelynt looked dangerous. Once the onslaught was stemmed Grampound came back into the game and a couple of crude challenges thwarted promising Grampound attacks. Grampound were getting on top when on 25 minutes they defended a free kick 25 yards out but failed to sort their wall out properly and the shot went in with keeper Henderson slipping as he moved towards the ball. Weeks looked as if he might score on a couple of occasions but his shots only went close and it took until just before the break for the equaliser to come. Lloyd forced his way down the right and cut the ball back for Weeks to drive first time into the roof of the net from 15 yards.

Grampound at least deserved to be on terms and were, perhaps, disappointed not to be ahead at half-time and came out for the second half in determined mood. Pelynt, however, were no pushovers and dug in well and eventually looked to be the dominant team. Grampound failed to clear properly and a low shot into the corner put the visitors ahead again. Minutes later, a cross into Pelynt's 6-yard box found Retallick unmarked and he made no mistake with his header for Grampound's second equaliser. With 15 minutes left Pelynt went down to 10 men as they had a man was sent off for abusing the linesman but within seconds a long cross saw the Grampound defence static and the ball was stabbed home by a Pelynt stiker for what looked like what must be the winner. That, though, was just the forerunner to a dramatic final 7 minutes. Firstly, a good run by Greg Dunn ended with him passing diagonally to Tim Peers on thee dge of the penalty area. He evaded the onrushing goalkeeper to slip the ball into an empty net for the hosts' third equaliser. In Grampound's next attack, Shane Weeks turned in the area but was brought down for a clear penalty. He got up to take the spotkick but it was saved well by the visiting keeper. Referee Roy Buscombe, however, saw encroachment by defenders and ordered the kick to be re-taken, only for Weeks to hit wide with a slightly scuffed shot. Grampound's chance for all 3 points seemed to have gone, but a corner from the right cleared the danger area to Budge beyond the far post. His driven effort was blocked with an upraised arm and the referee again blew and pointed to the spot. Dean Dunn drove the ball into the corner although the keeper got a touch and Grampound were ahead for the first time. With just seconds remaining, Daley NcErlain met a cross from the right perfectly and headed down into the corner for Grampound's fifth and with Grampound had earned all three points.

Grampound looking strong so far....

Saltash 2-1 St Mawgan

A hard fought game on a pitch that suited neither team (No fault of Saltash, the council hadnt cut the pitch and two games had already been played on it in the morning), St Mwagan took the lead through Richard Roose 15 seconds from the kick off after a mix up in the saltash defense. An injury hit St Mawgan took a big blow 5 mins later when defender Vince Cunliffe took a heavy knock to the hip but was forced to continue due to lack of numbers. Saltash equalized 5 mins before half time with a header at the far post after the keeper made a good save. Saltash took the lead about half way through the second half after a poor clearance fell to their captain on the edge of the box who volleyed over the keeper. Some good saves form the Mawgan keeper kept us in the game, then in the last 15 the saltash keeper pulled off a superb double save then another great save from a free kick that was going in the corner of the net. Mwagans injury problems continued with Chris Leach forced off through injury which means seven of the squad are now out.

Well done to saltash who deserved their 3 points

Saltash deserved their win and well done to them