Cornwall Football Forum

best and worst pitchs in the league

Thanks for that Crystal.Last time i visited Pendeen it wasn't that great to be honest but not the worst.

Brian Charles spent many hours working on the Chacewater pitch over the past 18 months and there has been a vast improvement in the playing surface.

It's probably about that long since I've been up their! My apologies if it has improved!

Best = illogan, goonhavern, ludgvan + st day.

Worst = threemilestone, st agnes 3rds pitch + pendeen is a horrible place to go!

You cant judge a pitch on whether you like going their or not!

P.S forgot to say Carharrack's pitch in the summer is awful, not the pitch so much just the midgees biting you!!!! lol

Worst = threemilestone, st agnes 3rds pitch + pendeen is a horrible place to go!

Aggie 3rds pitch is Not great, but it's only been used for about 3 years so hopefully the playing surface will improve. The lack of changing facilities doesn't help but I believe planning permission is in for new changing rooms as the youngsters also use the pitch on sat mornings and Sunday's.

Carharrack is a good pitch but let down by the small changing rooms. Any chance of extending them, there's plenty of room??

Gotta say halsetowns is pretty special!! Makes constantines look as flat as a table at the crucible compared to it!! At junior level I think ludgvan and titans have good pitches!!

Sorry too upset all you fans of halsetowns old pitch[opposite pub] you no longer have the ready made excuse for losing [slope, rabbit holes, too small, rubbish changing rooms] we are now at st ives rugby club on pitch used before by mariners and carbis bay, my personal least favourite penryns second team pitch not because of long grass, but because we thought we were playing on that lovely pitch out front, also the ref made us start with ten men no goalie, we didnt realise till too late we had ten minute walk too pitch, also they were terrible hosts spanking us 5-2.

Gotta say halsetowns is pretty special!! Makes constantines look as flat as a table at the crucible compared to it!! At junior level I think ludgvan and titans have good pitches!!

Sorry too upset all you fans of halsetowns old pitch[opposite pub] you no longer have the ready made excuse for losing [slope, rabbit holes, too small, rubbish changing rooms] we are now at st ives rugby club on pitch used before by mariners and carbis bay, my personal least favourite penryns second team pitch not because of long grass, but because we thought we were playing on that lovely pitch out front, also the ref made us start with ten men no goalie, we didnt realise till too late we had ten minute walk too pitch, also they were terrible hosts spanking us 5-2.

The one at the rugby club just has the worst surface around!

Bobble city

The one at the rugby club just has the worst surface around!

Bobble city

the worst surface around is a bit harsh, i dont know when you played on it last but it has been rolled, it will only get better as the rugby club are cutting it marking it, three of the away games we have played this season the grass has been ankle high.

Aggie 3rds pitch is Not great, but it's only been used for about 3 years so hopefully the playing surface will improve. The lack of changing facilities doesn't help but I believe planning permission is in for new changing rooms as the youngsters also use the pitch on sat mornings and Sunday's.

Carharrack is a good pitch but let down by the small changing rooms. Any chance of extending them, there's plenty of room??

yeh changing rooms are a lil small these days but then we are waiting for our dubian millionaire to come and pump big money into the club lol. so like everyone money is needed to make them bigger.

in regard to crystal hood.. yeh those midgey things are rather annoying lol. should wear a hat lol