Cornwall Football Forum

best and worst pitchs in the league

best pitch at junior level i think gotta be culdrose its flat long and wide and well look after can get the occasional windy up there but thats the fun of it... the worst has defo got to be Halsetown pitch biggest side slope ever rabbit holes everywhere and very uneven

best pitch at junior level i think gotta be culdrose its flat long and wide and well look after can get the occasional windy up there but thats the fun of it... the worst has defo got to be Halsetown pitch biggest side slope ever rabbit holes everywhere and very uneven

halsetown now play at the rugby club in st ives

certainly makes for some intersteing bobbles!!!

halsetown now play at the rugby club in st ives

certainly makes for some intersteing bobbles!!!

bout bloody time halestown changed their pitch

Guest smashing pumpkin

easy on dracena top pitch, apart from its size its a good pitch, flat and hardly ever gets boggy. how about constantine's slope, or ruan minors uneven pitch, a few pitches worse than ours, out of interest who do you play for pumpkin?

i play for wendron

goonhaven is a nice pitch and the mighty tine have a pitch that we love and everyone else hates lol

Quite a slope but usually a good surface and very few games get called off. This season so far from what ive seen or played on st.day have made quite an effort, Wendron behind clubhouse looked like it had a load of cows on it through the night although there 1st team pitch looked good. Dracena top pitch is just very small, isnt that bad. Im sure there are lots good and lots not so good but all adds to the beautiful game

Must be nearly Xmas cos this old chestnut pops again.

And its the same old answer HAYLE for senior pitch, HAYLE for junior pitch and HAYLE for youth pitches.

Greg hasn't won GROUNDSMAN of the YEAR for the last 2 seasons for nothing, culminating in COUNTY FINALS last season and all done on a voluntary basis.

Guest smashing pumpkin

What a complete load of b******* harsh but fair. The only slope that you can see is your fat gut!!

hey that is fatism its as bad a racisim . you hate fat people

Nothing wrong with goonhavern. Ok there's a bit of a slope but the surface is very good. Illogan is perfect size but can get a little bobbly. If u could mix illogans size with the surface at goonhavern! Best pitch in the world lol!

A slope? It's completely flat! Agree about the surface though - it's like a carpet at the moment.

Thanks Anita, well done today, we have spent alot of time on picth this year aswell playing some good football. its a real challenge this year for me and the new committee to get st columb back on the map and ( players) Plans for the new clubhouse, railings and floodlights will make the club even stronger.

good luck with everything :D if it all goes to plan you'll have a fantastic set up down there

carharrack pitch has res on it sometimes.. first team on it and truro city ladies. so it holds up very well i do believe. best pitch.. prob illogan or goonhavern. worst no idea.. few bad ones out there but hey as long as footy goes ahead who cares. people say these pitches are bad but some one like ruan ask them how many games why had cancelled in few years.. hardly any.

Narrowest pitch - possibly Pelynt, visited for the first time today and the sides of the eighteen yard boxes are pretty close to the touchline!

I remember turning the last defender at Bickland Park on the halfway line, hearing shouts of 'you're in!!' Not a chance, I was still sixty yards from goal! I always thought that Holmans was one of the bigger pitches in the Combo...