Cornwall Football Forum

Should England wear Poppy's on Saturday

Who the hell do FIFA think they are buy not allowing the England team to wear a Poppy on their shirts. This is totally out of order.

The FA should take this oppotunity to quit FIFA and start their own Football Federation. Let the minos stay with FIFA and lets join together with the worlds big guns and run football the way it shoud be, and stick two fingers up to Sepp Blatter.

If England joined in with the big boys and left the minnows, then they would never win anything.

The reason FIFA has banned the Poppy and other "National Symbols" is the fact some of these symbols are of a political nature. If they were to let England wear the Poppy then they could not refuse other teams.

Unfortunately I can see their point, the Poppy would be the thin end of the wedge.

Sorry cornishteddyboy I strongly disagree.

The Three Lions is a national symbol, the Poppy is a symbols of rememberance to those that have made 'the ultimate sacrifice' . Lest we forget !

If FIFA were so against this then why was this not sorted out behind closed doors when the fixture was first proposed. To do this now is deeply disrepectfull

It may not be a long standing tradition amongst league clubs but it is certainly a welcome one. If the 'symbol' was an offensive one then you would have no argument, FIFA would rightly refuse. However, the Poppy cannot in anyway be interpreted as offensive, not even by Germans, Japanese or any other former enemy that Britain and her allies have faced.

Tell Fifa to do one, they make International sides wear the 'Fair Play' logo, no one is bothered by that, no one takes any notice either.

I can't believe that FIFA knew nothing of the Poppy and it's significance not only to Britain but all over the World, it is not political, it is not Nationalist, It is not Racial, the poppy and what it stands for is the most NEUTRAL EMBLEM anywhere in the world, practically every nation joined forces to defeat the evil of those times and are represented at the Cenotaph for every November ceremony.

The Poppy is the emblem of rememberance for the people from hundreds of countries who lost their lives whilst taking part in many conflicts to provide a safer world. May they all Rest in Peace.

Special RIP for my brother Len.

x x

well there we go!!! however, only poppies on the black armbands and not on the shirts

perhaps they can get back to talking about the football now. Hopefully coaches from football all around England will be there to watch the Spanish football masterclass against our kick and rush game of get in their faces!

Germans done the nazi salute before they played England in 1938. Good on you, where the poppy with pride. If it was not for our brave soldiers during the 1st and 2nd world war, we would not be sitting at our computers speaking our minds. Politics has caused chaos in previous olympics etc.

Regards to the game I think we will get a football lesson

As a soldier in the British Army currently serving in Afghanistan. I would rather the media attention was focused on what is actually happening out here than a debate on what can be worn on a football shirt. Me and my mates have really got more important things to worry about at present. A nice gesture all the least. It has got sod all to do with FIFA how we remember the fallen. Funny enough Sepp Blater is from Switzerland a country know for sitting on the fence in times of conflict.

I like most people tomorrow will be holding a two minute silence at 11am. All we ask is that you do the same.

As a soldier in the British Army currently serving in Afghanistan. I would rather the media attention was focused on what is actually happening out here than a debate on what can be worn on a football shirt. Me and my mates have really got more important things to worry about at present. A nice gesture all the least. It has got sod all to do with FIFA how we remember the fallen. Funny enough Sepp Blater is from Switzerland a country know for sitting on the fence in times of conflict.

I like most people tomorrow will be holding a two minute silence at 11am. All we ask is that you do the same.

Now that IS an opinion i RESPECT !all the best Richard..