Cornwall Football Forum

Results Sunday 6/11

Wendron 2 MPAD UTD 2

Have to agree with Darren's comment. For the second week running we didn't get going again.

Wendron took the lead after a good flowing move that opened us up.

We equalised straight from kick off with a comedy goal. Darren Griffiths passed the ball into the box from kick off where the Wendron full back attempted to head the ball back to his keeper, despite the fact the ball was about a foot off the ground. Neil Carter nipped in a smashed the ball home.

Cue fisticuffs between two Wendron defenders, who at that point had already had their centre back booked for dissent following a stamp on our captain, Mike Cudlipp.

HT 1 - 1

I thought we started the second half brighter than we'd played in the first, but Wendron took the lead again with a cracking strike from about 25 yards out.

We equalised again with a great move. Centre back Stewart Fulcher won a tackle and drove forward, before passing to substitute Matt Hollands, who split the Wendron defence with a pass to Cudlipp, who picked his spot and slotted home.

Things got a bit heated towards the end when Griffiths and the previously booked Wendron centre back and left back squared up after Griffiths got fed up of the abuse he received during the game.

Yes, banter is part of the game, but some of what was aimed at Darren was a bit over the top.

Shame it wasn't cut out earlier as the game did start in good spirits.

FT 2-2

Troon 4-7 Penzance astro a game dominated by the wind, Penzance shooting with the wind first half going in 5-1 at half time after taking there chances well and dominating the half. Second half Troon came out firing and pulled one back straight away and dominated most of the posession but astro battled hard and some quick passing and good finishing kept us in the lead to grind out a 7-4 victory over a very good Troon side. Good bunch of lads and pitch was looking good, ref probably wasn't the best we've had all season but he was consistent in making some weird decisions for both teams so nothing to moan about

Truro won 4-1

3-0 HT 4-1 FT

Was aVery well contested game. 4-1 probably flattered them to be honest but they took there chances well. 3 of the goals i'd say were down to our keeper but at the end of the day they still had to put ball in net. Both teams played some nicce football but fitness told on the day with TWRSA having players that can run all day long. And Malabar Having players that can run for 45 mins due to all be completely lashed the night before. Overall good game, and well reffed.

wendron vs mpad had at points some really good football from both teams! wendrons 2nd goal was top drawer, peter schmeichel in his time wouldnt have got it! darren has been around for long enough and should be able to take a bit of banter, i am sure we have all been called worse in the past, i appreciate one of our players may have made a comment which may have struck a nerve in his past- but as a wendron man i guarantee we didnt know and anything that was said was said with the jest intended and would be said to any player- i can only apologise for offense taken!