Cornwall Football Forum

Dobwalls v Parkway result

Best called a spirited game. After 30 minutes a Parkway player was sent off. Having been fouled he picked himself up and appeared to headbutt his opponent more than once. Even in a friendly it left Allen Johns with little option but to show a straight red card.

Second half was quieter with both sides easing off the agression. End-to-end stuff settled by a late, well-taken Martyn Hake goal.

Parkway didn't appear to gel and Dobwalls earned their victory by matching Parkway's ten men for most of the night.

The first half was a bit physical to say the least.

The young Dobwalls left winger took a fair bit of stick and it was his challenge that provoked the Parkway player to take the law into his own hands,he was justifiably sent off.

Both sides created chances but neither really troubled the keeper until Martyn Hake took his chance well with about 15 minutes to go.

Dobwalls can take great heart from their performance which should give them confidence for the challenge of the peninsula league?

The pitch looked in great shape considering the rain that we have had.

Bodmin play host to Dobwalls on Friday evening I believe?

Does anybody know if this is correct and if so what time will kick off be?

yeh thats right we play bodmin at bodmin 7 30pm kick off. hopefully they have better attitudes than parkway last nite. they didnt like it as soon as they reallised they were in a game and not going to walk it like they had thought. looking forward to friday now

yeh thats right we play bodmin at bodmin 7 30pm kick off. hopefully they have better attitudes than parkway last nite. they didnt like it as soon as they reallised they were in a game and not going to walk it like they had thought. looking forward to friday now

Hope you play as well against Bodmin, I was not at the game, but do I detect a bit of needle. It is a time for trying different players and systems and not getting too worked up about pre season matches.

an unbias review....... the game was played in a very competitive attitude with Parkway at times thinking it was a cup final. Adam Billings {exchange deal for Marygold ?) was outstanding for Dobwalls thoughout. The first half was dominated by Parkway although they had 3 players booked and 1 sent off for a head butt. The Parkway managment seemed to install some sort of discipline into thier team for the second half and this proved a much better half. The game was settled by a great goal by Hake after both teams had missed gilt edge chances. In summary a good performance by Dobwalls but if Parkway maintain their pesent attitude they will make Devon County FA very rich in fines

couldn't agree more discipline and attitude of most of the parkway players was poor. Anyway Bodmin friday if we are allowed to play on the pitch, we have a few players missing but it should still be a good run out for both teams

I thought our discipline was spot on, we didnt get involved even tho it would of been easy to. and i havent heard any excuses so im not sure what ur are on about. the result is irrelevent thats not what i am on about, i was simply stating that the attitude and discipline of parkway was not what i would expect of a club of that stature. they have some very good players and if they concentrate on playing football im sure they will do very well but they will have to change their attitude first.

saw the game and thouhgt that dobwalls played well. think that parkway looked out of the game once down to ten men. would have thought a player of his experience would know better than to headbutt! i think dobwalls attitude was spot on and a big round of applause to mr billing for not gettin involved and even trying to calm the situation down. is the man that was dubbed 'ben thatcher' on the old web site calmed down in his old age of 22!