Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Premier result & table - Friday night footy - Nov 4th 2011

Launceston had 2 in from St Austell too. What's going on down there?

Leigh Cooper's team deserved it tonight though. A team full of pace all over the park. Bit of luck for the opener with a deflected free kick just as Liskeard seemed to have weathered the early storm. Demo equalised soon after the break but within 5 minutes Lance Easton put Launceston 2-1 up. The game was up for the Blues when Lewis Russell was shown a straight red after pulling down a player as the 'last man' no complaints there. Caught on the break for the third to make the final score 3-1 Launceston. Could be a tough month for Darren Edwards Liskeard with away fixtures at Bodmin and Tavistock followed by a home match against an improving Ivybridge. November could make or break the season.

CWSPL PREMIER DIVISION friday November 4th

---------------------------------------------------------------

# Team Pl Wo Dr Lo Gf Ga Dif Pts

1 Launceston 17 11 4 2 40 16 24 37

2 Bodmin 14 12 0 2 48 15 33 36

3 Liskeard 15 11 1 3 34 15 19 34

4 Falmouth 14 9 3 2 44 22 22 30

5 Parkway 12 9 2 1 36 17 19 29

6 Saltash 13 8 3 2 45 21 24 27

7 Buckland 11 8 2 1 32 15 17 26

8 Camelford 13 7 1 5 27 20 7 22

9 Dartmouth 15 6 1 8 25 34 -9 19

10 St Austell 12 5 3 4 28 21 7 18

11 Witheridge 15 4 4 7 22 27 -5 16

12 Bovey Tracey 15 4 3 8 19 25 -6 15

13 Torpoint 15 4 3 8 17 31 -14 15

14 Cullompton 13 3 5 5 18 22 -4 14

15 Tavistock 12 4 2 6 21 26 -5 14

16 Penzance 15 4 1 10 13 38 -25 13

17 Ivybridge 15 3 1 11 17 43 -26 10

18 Elburton 14 2 3 9 16 35 -19 9

19 Royal Marine 12 1 1 10 7 35 -28 4

20 St Blazey 14 1 1 12 13 44 -31 4

04/11/2011 Bodmin 7 - 0 Buckland

04/11/2011 Liskeard 1 - 3 Launceston

Leigh Cooper's team deserved it tonight though. A team full of pace all over the park. Bit of luck for the opener with a deflected free kick just as Liskeard seemed to have weathered the early storm. Demo equalised soon after the break but within 5 minutes Lance Easton put Launceston 2-1 up. The game was up for the Blues when Lewis Russell was shown a straight red after pulling down a player as the 'last man' no complaints there. Caught on the break for the third to make the final score 3-1 Launceston. Could be a tough month for Darren Edwards Liskeard with away fixtures at Bodmin and Tavistock followed by a home match against an improving Ivybridge. November could make or break the season.

Were you at the game at Bickland Park last week?

Were you at the game at Bickland Park last week?

No didn't make it. From what I've heard it was a pretty good game?

As a Tavistock and Saltash follower I went along to priory park to watch the match against Buckland. A friend of mind is involved with Bodmin AFC so I thought I would go and watch this game and have some friendly banter. I wanted Buckland to lose to keep the league interesting but also because I think their management team are a bunch of foul mouthed. Mr Lynch their main star and the other bloke who stands next to him! ( sorry but dont know his name but I think his son plays in defence) Dont think he played against Bodmin but played against Tavy. I know Darren Gilbert can say a few choice words from the sideline, but it was nothing compared to what Buckland were shouting. Perhaps their home games will keep them in the title race, as its not often you get chance to play on a school sized pitch!! Nice club house though.

As a Tavistock and Saltash follower I went along to priory park to watch the match against Buckland. A friend of mind is involved with Bodmin AFC so I thought I would go and watch this game and have some friendly banter. I wanted Buckland to lose to keep the league interesting but also because I think their management team are a bunch of foul mouthed. Mr Lynch their main star and the other bloke who stands next to him! ( sorry but dont know his name but I think his son plays in defence) Dont think he played against Bodmin but played against Tavy. I know Darren Gilbert can say a few choice words from the sideline, but it was nothing compared to what Buckland were shouting. Perhaps their home games will keep them in the title race, as its not often you get chance to play on a school sized pitch!! Nice club house though.

Have to agree here, Lynch is a disgrace. Even heard him call the Referee a . This is totall unacceptable.

Dave, can somebody explain why my comment on the Bodmin game has now been edited with the phrase of removed. I dont think this comment is offensive, and given as a football forumn, more industrial language has been used.

Sorry Mex but the forum is read by all ages and so some respect has to be maintained.

Have to agree here, Lynch is a disgrace. Even heard him call the Referee a . This is totall unacceptable.

Well I see my comment has been "adjusted" too. I will try again, what Lynch call the Referee is usually classified a the "worse " thing you could call someone. The Referee was not deseserving of such a comment.

I decided to go to the Liskeard v Launceston game Friday evening as a neutral, Bodmin v Buckland was probably most neutral's choice game to see but i wanted to see the two clubs at the top of the league who after 15 games plus were 1st and 2nd.

I really enjoyed the full 90 minutes, the game was 100 mph, Launceston really impressed me with their pace and at leading 1-0 at half time i thought Liskeard could count themselves lucky that they were still in the game, Launceston dominated the first 45 with Liskeard breaking from defending on two or three occasions, the 2nd half for me was much the same as the first where i thought Launceston were in full control even after Liskeard equalised 10 minutes into the the 2nd half, Launceston went right up the other end to score again and then dominate the rest of the game and later scoring their 3rd to earn a deserved win and 3pts. I have read other postings on this game and can't agree that it was a close affair. I read the Cornish Guardian match report and was relieved to know someone else watched the same game as i watched. I'm still not sure however if i chose to watch the correct game with Bodmin who i really enjoy watching thump Buckland for 7 goals. oh well i will try not to miss that return fixture.

I'm still not sure however if i chose to watch the correct game with Bodmin who i really enjoy watching thump Buckland for 7 goals. oh well i will try not to miss that return fixture.

I heard some particularly disturbing reports from Bodmin . Apparently the pasties ran out before kick off . :(

Made me glad I went to Lux Park .