Cornwall Football Forum

St-Day AFC Five A Side Tournament

The club will be holding their annual, Sheldon Mitchell Memorial five a side tournament on

Sunday 5th August 2007.

Games will start at 11:00am and all teams must be registered by 10:00am.

Entry fee is £15.00 per team.

Entry forms are available by email if required.

Thanks

St Pikey

Guest Garry Kay

The tournament was won by a team from the Mining League last year, although there were many players taking part from FHFL, Combination and South Western leagues. It was nice to see that a team effort can overpower a collection of quality individuals.

Guest Garry Kay

To enter: call or text Adrian on 07940 318797 for an entry form.

It does seem to be junior sides which perform better in 5-a-side.

St Day's FHFL side knocked out its Combo side in the semi-final last year.

so how do i go about entering???

the winners last year were awesome, my team had 4swl players 2combo and 1 ecpl and we were knocked out to a the mining team!

my team fort xi will defo enter a team

Send me a email fella and I'll return it with a entry form attached, same for anyone else who requires one.

the winners last year were awesome, my team had 4swl players 2combo and 1 ecpl and we were knocked out to a the mining team!

Send me a email fella and I'll return it with a entry form attached, same for anyone else who requires one.

whats your email addy mate??

whats your email addy mate??

Sent you a PM with the addy fella, or if you click on my user name there's a button to email me on the profile page :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

A huge thanks to all those that supported the event and helped make it a great success :clapper:

Congrats to Darren Lewarne and all of his team on their win :c: (again)

On behalf of St-Day AFC a big thank you to all those present during the minutes silence for Ian Brinkley who passed away today.

• 2 weeks later...

Redruth United retained the St Day 5 a side trophy and made it an unprecedented 3 wins of the competition.

The competition drew entries from 18 teams. Redruth’s A side comprising Darren Lewarne, Dean Blatch, Jason Barber, Stuart Smeeth, Barry McCabe and Jake Williams were drawn in the same group as their B side of Callum Salmon, Simon Barrand, Ryan Baber, Andrew Symons, Nathan Taylor and Richard Ward. The A side got off to a shaky start coming up against the B side and losing 1-0 to a last minute goal from Andrew Symons.

However, both teams progressed through to the quarter-finals. The B team were knocked out by St Day B, with the A side moving through to the semi-finals, coming up against St Day A who they met at the same point last year. The tense game had to go to penalties, and with the first 5 scored by each side, it went to sudden death. Darren Lewarne then pulled off a good save from Matt Witts’ penalty, leaving Jason Barber to steer Redruth into the final where once again they found themselves up against last year’s runners-up St Day B.

With the weather turning, Redruth were simply too strong for their opponents, playing good one-touch football in a one-sided final which finished 3-0 to the Reds.

(Thanks to St Pikey for the photo :thumbsup: )