Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge 2 Foxhole 2

Wadebridge 2 Foxhole 2

Tuesday 1st November 2011

Foxhole played their get out of jail card by somehow escaping Bodieve with a point thanks to Adam Trudgian's penalty after he'd been knocked over by a needless push in the back. The foul had been committed by the otherwise commanding Cook, who had spent the previous eighty-eight minutes calmly heading away long balls aimed in the general direction of Griffin as the toothless Foxes tried in vain to pierce the massed ranks of deep-lying red shirts whenever possession had been relinquished, save for a moment of brilliance from Gotthardt.

Wadebridge settled the quicker and created the first opportunity inside eight minutes but Nathan Cudmore was unable to beat Ryan Holland from ten yards. The home team, with May looking sharp on the wing, continued to play the more assured football but it was the visitors' more direct approach which provided the goalmouth incident. Griffin on four separate occasions threatened to open the scoring, twice with headers, one of which Vercoe did well to tip over, and twice with thunderous shots which flew past the upright. Adam Holland, too, went close with a flashing header from Rundle's inswinging corner, but the nearest to a goal came from Gotthardt's cross cum shot, which the back-tracking Vercoe scrambled away before hitting his head on the post.

The half hour mark signalled the end to Foxhole's best spell of the match, and they were soon to fall behind. The referee failed to spot a blatant shove by Cook on Griffin, allowing the Bridgers to attack down their right, James Cudmore's centre being eventually turned home from close range by Jennings. Kempthorne then almost returned to haunt his former team but his finish was weak to a cross from May, whose later caution for dissent was the final act of a half in which the visitors had not done themselves justice.

Gotthardt was thrown forward at the break but the switch to 4-4-2 merely granted the home team's midfield even greater space and time. However, the strangely subdued Foxes hung on grimly, to their credit allowing their more composed opponents just the one clear chance when Jennings raced on to Vercoe's drop kick only to shoot tamely wide. The Cook-Gerken axis appeared rock solid, while the diet of forty-yard balls landing unerringly on the head of grateful defenders alternated unconvincingly with square passes culminating in depressing denouement, so Gotthardt's fine volley to equalise from Cunningham's sixty-fifth minute centre was a real bolt from the blue. Within seconds, though, Jennings had restored the lead, his run beating the offside trap and his fierce drive fooling Holland, who had vacated his near post anticipating a cross for the supporting Stagg, the goal scorer then being booked for injudicious celebrating.

With a quarter of the game remaining, Tony Mackellar gambled by making an immediate triple substitution, but to no great effect. Their mystifying reluctance to feed May notwithstanding, Wadebridge really ought to have clinched victory such was their dominance at this stage, Gerken nodding wide and Oakley clipping the top of the bar with a dipping effort from the edge of the box, while Adam Holland soon saw yellow for a foul on Beesley. However the current Foxes outfit is at least resilient and the fact they were able to steal a point a second time from the same opposition this season reflects well on the team, although they were nevertheless indebted to replacement Poole straying offside at the death. The linesman's decision did not meet with the wholehearted agreement of Avery, whose late caution for voicing his displeasure provided amusing entertainment to the relieved travelling faithful.

Foxhole (4-5-1): Ryan Holland; Richard Faircloth, Ben Thomas, Ryan Stephen, Adam Holland; Jaydon Gotthardt, Shaun Cunningham (sub. Jamie Coates), Aydan Rundle (sub. Ryan Wilkins), Ben Spaul (sub. Adam Fieldhouse), Adam Trudgian; Richard Griffin.

Wadebridge (4-4-2): Tom Vercoe; James Cudmore, James Avery, Sam Gerken, Martin Cook; Michael Kempthorne, Jon May, Dayll Beesley, Nathan Cudmore; Severiano Catindig-Stagg (sub. James Oakley), Daniel Jennings (sub. Simon Poole).

i love the way morsey sees the game through foxes tinted glasses!

if one of his junior teams had a spot kick awarded against them for the same thing as happened last night i'm sure he would feel very aggrieved!

shocker!!!

Ha foxes tinted glasses?! What you chatting bout spud?! Think once again morsey has put a pretty damn fair assessment of the game, praising wadebridge for how well they played and rightly calling us toothless at times.

Not sure what view your bench had but penalty was blatant. Stupid, needless shoulder barge in trudges back, which he has a massive bruise 2 show for it. You don't get that from a dive!!

On another note think its harsh to have a go at our linesman in another thread. Can't remember any instance where there were 'dodgy' offsides given in front of your bench. Remember one incident that was 10 yards away from you where the player was a good 3 yards off but you still kicked up about it!! Over the course of the season our Lino is probably one of the fairest in the league and always gives the advantage to the attacking team (much to my frustration at times!). Not something that can be said about a few club linesman at this level.

i love the way morsey sees the game through foxes tinted glasses!

if one of his junior teams had a spot kick awarded against them for the same thing as happened last night i'm sure he would feel very aggrieved!

shocker!!!

Ha foxes tinted glasses?! What you chatting bout spud?! Think once again morsey has put a pretty damn fair assessment of the game, praising wadebridge for how well they played and rightly calling us toothless at times.

Not sure what view your bench had but penalty was blatant. Stupid, needless shoulder barge in trudges back, which he has a massive bruise 2 show for it. You don't get that from a dive!!

On another note think its harsh to have a go at our linesman in another thread. Can't remember any instance where there were 'dodgy' offsides given in front of your bench. Remember one incident that was 10 yards away from you where the player was a good 3 yards off but you still kicked up about it!! Over the course of the season our Lino is probably one of the fairest in the league and always gives the advantage to the attacking team (much to my frustration at times!). Not something that can be said about a few club linesman at this level.

Trudge must be a right ###### to bruise under that, my 7 year old son would have stood up and not been bruised!

regards the offside there were a few that were offside which the home side insisted were not, but they were offisde in my eyes too (DJ is offiside almost as much as filipo inzaghi) but one in question was 2-3 yards onside with a lovely bent run and directly inline with the home bench, the lino may have geniunely made a mistake as he wasnt the most spritely of chaps.

Haha trudge is hard as nails! Think your frustrations should be directed more toward your centre half and their rash challenge rather then one of our players though.

Don't remember the offside in question but will take your word for it and assume it was just a mistake.

Good luck with the rest of the season mate and just to clarify the 'wonder goal' DJ got for the second was actually a massive slice that went inside Ryan's near post. He admitted as much to one of our players afterwards.

Haha trudge is hard as nails! Think your frustrations should be directed more toward your centre half and their rash challenge rather then one of our players though.

Don't remember the offside in question but will take your word for it and assume it was just a mistake.

Good luck with the rest of the season mate and just to clarify the 'wonder goal' DJ got for the second was actually a massive slice that went inside Ryan's near post. He admitted as much to one of our players afterwards.

one hell of a mishit that wasnt it!

record books will only say its a goal though!

In reply to 'the cat' response, i did make me laugh and a few work collegues. it was a penalty the experience centre half showed his inexperienced of barging me in the shoulder blade with his shoulder ( but was probaly their best player) it was a soft one but a foul is a foul. In recent prem games Luiz on helguson, Ba on Crouch and Hugh on Best all excactlty the same. I didnt have a bruise he just hurt an area that was already injured or it was from carrying my very muscular frame haha. The game was very poor which i felt wadebridge shaded didnt think they looked like a team down the bottom and soon will be on the way up. The Ref was very good and stamped out most things .

Trudge

it was never a pen ,but as a striker you ha dto go for it.i would have expected dj to do the same.as for the ref i think he done a good job to .the foxhole linesman on ther hand is a different story.two foxhole players after the match said they had to stick up with his strange ways every week

Again in response to the cat just been speaking to Mr P Carpenter he said you dont know what your talking about and doesnt know why you are yipping up .

trudge that massive blow you took to your back seems to have damaged your brain as well! ( the once cell in it)

come back when you are strong enough to stand up under minimal contact!

you went down quicker than a star in an adult movie the other night, i was looking around for the sniper, but alas none was spotted!

in all fairness i will be looking for a new club now that Steve flack is no longer manager as don't think myservices will be required anymore!