12 Tots&Darts 11 4 2 5 24 26 -2 14

13 Sidmouth 12 4 0 8 15 25 -10 12

14 Newton Spurs 10 2 5 3 21 21 0 11

15 ExeterCS 10 2 1 7 11 26 -15 7

16 Axminster 12 1 1 10 15 42 -27 4

17 OtterySM 12 0 2 10 10 46 -36 2

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ivybridge 2 St.Austell 3

Great away win for st.austell today. Having somehow seen themselves fall behind by 2 goals with 20/30 minutes left to play, some grit, determination and good football saw them to a deserved 3 points. Some terrible language coming from the home sides bench, and terrible referee, but then, I cant remember the last time I've seen a good one to be honest... Facilities a definite improvement on previous seasons, although I hear there were an awful lot of stones that have risen to the surface, including what can only be described as a boulder that luckily got spotted and removed by a McAlpine crane before kick off... Anyway, great 3 points. Bring on Bovey!

Goal scorers st.austell-

Body

Phillips

Whetter

Newquay goals, Danny Brook, Sean Middleton and Luke Weldhen.

Vospers goals from the tiny No.6 and No.10

Did you watch the game ?

I was there, good advert for the West in the 2nd half.

Do you thiink Danny Brook should be playing a higher level of football ?

Yes with Newquay in the Premier next season. He played up front today but has yet to make it as a pair with either Weldhen or Squires. Can he play higher than SWPL, only if a Western League side came in for him. Like him though, he has the spirit that Newquay need to get us through the tough games that crop up every now and then.

Ventured over the border today and watched vospers against Newquay. Bit of a shock 2 the system when seeing the set up there. Not sure what I was expecting, obviously something better but it's not the best. Pitch and goals looked good but not much can be said for the rest! Makes u appreciate how many good grounds we have back here in Cornwall.

First 15 mins was fairly even. Then brooks hammered home from 6yds from a delightful cross into the box from weldhen which looped over the keeper and centre half. Soon vospers equalised when their number 6 scored with a great dipping volley from 30/35yds. Think the keeper will be disappointed as it went directly over him and he wasn't that far off his line, and he's quite tall! Great strike nonetheless. Within a minute or two vospers took the lead. A ball down the right had the keeper rushing out of his area but the striker got there first and lobbed the ball over him and into an empty net, 2-1 ht. Newquay started the 2nd half better but didn't create too many clear cut chances. Vospers attacked in numbers every time and the little number 10 was giving arscott the runaround. Vospers thought they had scored when after a collision between the keeper, striker and defender the ball rolled agonisingly towards the net. Harris came in and cleared the ball but ended up in the net himself. The ref couldnt see it and the linesman was 10yds behind play!!! But from where i was stood (near the halfway line) it looked a good yd over the line. Sean Middleton came on as a sub and within a few minutes scored a cracking goal from the corner of the 18yd box which went in off the post in the top corner, giving the keeper no chance. Hard to take if you have anything to do with vospers. In celebrating the goal Middleton got mauled to the floor and everyone piled on, from the restart you could see he was struggling and had to come off injured!!! Poor bloke has missed most the season from injury already, hope it's not too bad. Vospers looked dangerous on the attack and with Newquay playing a high line against the quick number 10 you sensed they might get an equaliser. Blackler did pull off a good save down to his right to tip the ball around the post. With 5 mins left, a corner found it's way to weldhen who drove the ball into the bottom corner for the winner. The game got a bit tasty in the last 20 mins, mainly because of the goal that wasn't given. The home bench had to be spoken to a couple of times for giving the Lino grief and 2 or 3 vospers players saw yellow for bad tackles after no doubt being incensed by that decision. They say things even out and Newquay had a clear penalty in the last few minutes turned away when Carne was brought down from behind just as he was about to pull the trigger.

Overall, not a bad game and I do feel for the vospers team. Newquay started the season playing great football but recently they seem to of gone off the boil, but they keep winning so it ain't that bad. I think they're missing reski. As for someone asking about brooks, you can see he's a quality player, great touch and can strike the ball but a bit lazy at times. Not sure what his best position is, probably centre mid because he doesn't look like a striker which is where he's played the last couple of games! Looking forward to the reverse fixture.

Royal Marines 2v1 St Blazey.

160 mile round trip to watch utter garbage. Two of the worst sides to have graced the SWPL for sure. It was as poor as you can imagine a bottom 2 match.

Started the afternoon by joining the A30 only to find the queue of emits heading home after spending half term in the sunshine that is Cornwall. Finally through temple and foot down to get to the ground for kick off. Arrived about 2.40ish and hardly a soul there!!

By 3pm the match was underway and the dull, drizzly cold afternoon was made worse by the fact there was only 24 watching on and only 10 from St Blazey. The stay aways must have known what was to come because without doubt id rather have worked for the afternoon.

Midway through the first half, of which nothing had happened a long ball over the top was chased down and the St Blazey slid in and cleared only for the Ref to liven things up and award a penalty. Shocking!! Result......hit the bar, justice. That should have been the wake up call. Half time, 0-0.

Second half and again nothing happening until a good ball through was chipped over the keeper for 1-0. Blazey heads dropped and with ten minutes to go Marines went 2-0 up with a 25 yard screamer that no keeper would have saved. Blazey pulled a goal back after a run down the left and neat finish but they couldnt make a clear chance to equalise.

Final score R.M 2v1 St Blazey. Att 24

Blazey now rock bottom and next up Parkway at home. Lets hope for some reason the Parkway first and second eleven are on a mid season break. At least then we wont be hammered!!

Ventured over the border today and watched vospers against Newquay. Bit of a shock 2 the system when seeing the set up there. Not sure what I was expecting, obviously something better but it's not the best. Pitch and goals looked good but not much can be said for the rest! Makes u appreciate how many good grounds we have back here in Cornwall.

First 15 mins was fairly even. Then brooks hammered home from 6yds from a delightful cross into the box from weldhen which looped over the keeper and centre half. Soon vospers equalised when their number 6 scored with a great dipping volley from 30/35yds. Think the keeper will be disappointed as it went directly over him and he wasn't that far off his line, and he's quite tall! Great strike nonetheless. Within a minute or two vospers took the lead. A ball down the right had the keeper rushing out of his area but the striker got there first and lobbed the ball over him and into an empty net, 2-1 ht. Newquay started the 2nd half better but didn't create too many clear cut chances. Vospers attacked in numbers every time and the little number 10 was giving arscott the runaround. Vospers thought they had scored when after a collision between the keeper, striker and defender the ball rolled agonisingly towards the net. Harris came in and cleared the ball but ended up in the net himself. The ref couldnt see it and the linesman was 10yds behind play!!! But from where i was stood (near the halfway line) it looked a good yd over the line. Sean Middleton came on as a sub and within a few minutes scored a cracking goal from the corner of the 18yd box which went in off the post in the top corner, giving the keeper no chance. Hard to take if you have anything to do with vospers. In celebrating the goal Middleton got mauled to the floor and everyone piled on, from the restart you could see he was struggling and had to come off injured!!! Poor bloke has missed most the season from injury already, hope it's not too bad. Vospers looked dangerous on the attack and with Newquay playing a high line against the quick number 10 you sensed they might get an equaliser. Blackler did pull off a good save down to his right to tip the ball around the post. With 5 mins left, a corner found it's way to weldhen who drove the ball into the bottom corner for the winner. The game got a bit tasty in the last 20 mins, mainly because of the goal that wasn't given. The home bench had to be spoken to a couple of times for giving the Lino grief and 2 or 3 vospers players saw yellow for bad tackles after no doubt being incensed by that decision. They say things even out and Newquay had a clear penalty in the last few minutes turned away when Carne was brought down from behind just as he was about to pull the trigger.

Overall, not a bad game and I do feel for the vospers team. Newquay started the season playing great football but recently they seem to of gone off the boil, but they keep winning so it ain't that bad. I think they're missing reski. As for someone asking about brooks, you can see he's a quality player, great touch and can strike the ball but a bit lazy at times. Not sure what his best position is, probably centre mid because he doesn't look like a striker which is where he's played the last couple of games! Looking forward to the reverse fixture.

Thats pretty much how I am summing up the game in the report for the Newquay Voice. To win the league, you need ability, strength and luck, Newquay seem to have all 3 at the moment. The Vospers goal that wasn't given WAS over the line but the Lino and Ref couldn't be sure and therefore couldn't give it, you would have to have been on the touchline itself as one photographer was (or near as dammit), his pic shows it better than mine.

After the comment from Bushy i would like to say that mistakes happen at all levels, i'm pretty certain the blackburn fans won't be happy with the ref they had yesterday and he is full time, to comment like that really isn't all that productive.

obviously a st austell fan i'd be happy you got the three points after being 2-0 down.

every decision at the minute seems to be scrutinised on here like they are on match of the day, in the arsenal v chelsea game i could see why the ref only gave the keeper yellow but alan hansen thought it was a red, who am i to argue!!

football is all about opinions and the refs one is that that counts, they have a split second to make the decision, not always from the best angles, a pretty thankless task i think you'll agree

i would like to here a refs view on the arsenal v chels decision

Parkway = Hobbs 2 , Mason and Stevens.

After an incident packed first 10 minutes in which a Penzance player was sent off for handling on the line and Ben Joyce missed the resulting penalty ( took an age to get this taken as the referee and linesman had a debate of parliamentary proportions before they gave an obvious decision) and then Lance Bailey got a straight red for an awful two footed lunge in the centre circle .Parkway took the lead through a neat finish by Dennis Mason . Unfortunately Mason pulled up with a hamstring injury which forced him out of the game, and also probably out of the side for a few weeks . This robbed Parkway of their main wide threat which dragged the game down to a bit of a stalemate. After fashioning several half chances Penzance grabbed a deserved equaliser after a comedy of errors in the 6 yard box .

This sent the teams in level at half time .

The second half continued in a similar vain before , as is often the case , Glyn Hobbs proved his worth by scoring twice his second a sublime run through the defence and rounding of the keeper to roll in from yards out .

With the score at 3-1 and the points in the bag , Parkway were able to rest Joyce and Hobbs for the final few minutes and all that was left was for debutant Sam Stevens to beat the offside trap and run through to slot his debut goal .Can only do him good in the next few weeks as well , both him and Jamie Bass (who had a confident game yesterday and seems to be settling in well ) will have parts to play .

A vital three points gained , especially in the light of Bodmin. Buckland and Saltash dropping points . It is worrying though that we seem to be picking up suspensions and injuries every week ( especially saddening that we have lost Dan Evans for a long time), in the light of this it is always disappointing that we seem to pick up avoidable bookings for excessive chat by one or two regular offenders .

These will cost us eventually .

Another good win for Falmouth yesterday.

Fourth place,four points adrift with two games in hand,looking good.

Only one concern though,if we really have got serious asperations of winning the league we need to tighten up the defence

The more clean sheets the better the goal difference the better the chance of the title.

Over to you Mr Rioch.

Hayle 1-4 St Dennis

Saints scorers:

Scott Hill 2

Ryan Hayhurst

Carl Rickard

Not the best of games to be honest, played in difficult conditions. Hayle played better football while we (St Dennis) looked dangerous on the break and took our chances when needed. Our goal keeper had a fantastic game and kept us in the game on several occasions. All the best to Hayle for the rest of the season, see you in the reverse fixture.

Buckland Ath 3 Saltash United 3

I guess prior to the match, gaining a point would have a good result, but personally I feel robbed of 3 points.

The "ashes" worked their socks off and went into a 0-2 lead and looked good enough for an away victory. However, some very poor decision from the Referee worked against us. One of those decisions being booking Gavin Coulton for not retreating 10 yards for a free kick, when he was clearly not given a chance to do so and the ball was kicked straight at him by an opposing player. Gavins second bookin from continuing playing after the whistle had been blown, not really major crime.

I couldnt believe the number of times free kicks were taken with a moving ball, yet the Referee just let it go.

i have watched a couple of Bucklands fixtures now and truly cannot see them retaining the title this season.

After the comment from Bushy i would like to say that mistakes happen at all levels, i'm pretty certain the blackburn fans won't be happy with the ref they had yesterday and he is full time, to comment like that really isn't all that productive.

obviously a st austell fan i'd be happy you got the three points after being 2-0 down.

every decision at the minute seems to be scrutinised on here like they are on match of the day, in the arsenal v chelsea game i could see why the ref only gave the keeper yellow but alan hansen thought it was a red, who am i to argue!!

football is all about opinions and the refs one is that that counts, they have a split second to make the decision, not always from the best angles, a pretty thankless task i think you'll agree

i would like to here a refs view on the arsenal v chels decision

I agree with you when you say mistakes are made at all levels, but It's getting quite frustrating now, that, in my opinion, more often than not, referees are poor and seem to be ref'ing out of their depth.

I also agree that they only have a short space of time to make a decision, but it is often hard to believe when the man in the middle awards decisions throughout the match that baffle the 22 players on the pitch, and everyone spectating... It's almost like they are watching a different game! On numerous occasions this season and last, I have witnessed some laughable decisions. I don't understand how a 'trained' referee that has passed tests to get to where he is can have excuses for such decisions.

Every week on the results thread there seem to be unhappy fans with regards to what can only be described as poor standard of refereeing. Gone are the days when the football match is about the 2 teams on the pitch and not the referee.

A few records broken today:

Royal Marines 2-1 St Blazey

Now bottom of the table with the words goals against and goal difference of any team in the league.

Crowd: 24 - lowest I have ever seen St Blazey play in front of (including friendlies)

Blazey support: 11 - again, the lowest I have ever known.

Fun times.

Bring on the Parkway - I'm sure we'll win with ease! :c:

Parkway = Hobbs 2 , Mason and Stevens.

After an incident packed first 10 minutes in which a Penzance player was sent off for handling on the line and Ben Joyce missed the resulting penalty ( took an age to get this taken as the referee and linesman had a debate of parliamentary proportions before they gave an obvious decision) and then Lance Bailey got a straight red for an awful two footed lunge in the centre circle .Parkway took the lead through a neat finish by Dennis Mason . Unfortunately Mason pulled up with a hamstring injury which forced him out of the game, and also probably out of the side for a few weeks . This robbed Parkway of their main wide threat which dragged the game down to a bit of a stalemate. After fashioning several half chances Penzance grabbed a deserved equaliser after a comedy of errors in the 6 yard box .

This sent the teams in level at half time .

The second half continued in a similar vain before , as is often the case , Glyn Hobbs proved his worth by scoring twice his second a sublime run through the defence and rounding of the keeper to roll in from yards out .

With the score at 3-1 and the points in the bag , Parkway were able to rest Joyce and Hobbs for the final few minutes and all that was left was for debutant Sam Stevens to beat the offside trap and run through to slot his debut goal .Can only do him good in the next few weeks as well , both him and Jamie Bass (who had a confident game yesterday and seems to be settling in well ) will have parts to play .

A vital three points gained , especially in the light of Bodmin. Buckland and Saltash dropping points . It is worrying though that we seem to be picking up suspensions and injuries every week ( especially saddening that we have lost Dan Evans for a long time), in the light of this it is always disappointing that we seem to pick up avoidable bookings for excessive chat by one or two regular offenders .

These will cost us eventually .

Ever thought of writing match reports? I went along and watched this game and your report is spot on.