Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawney League Results 29/10/11

Guest smashing pumpkin

st.ives mariners 3 newquay 3rds 2

game held up for about half an hour waiting for ambulance due to a what was thought to be a serious injury, but i'm glad to report only soft tissue damage around the knee, and ligaments and bones intact.

injury to who st ives player or newquay player

st.ives mariners 3 newquay 3rds 2

game held up for about half an hour waiting for ambulance due to a what was thought to be a serious injury, but i'm glad to report only soft tissue damage around the knee, and ligaments and bones intact.

injury to who st ives player or newquay player

st.ives.

Div 5

West Cornwall Res 3 - 2 Carharrack Res (HT 2-0)

Decent result for us in tough playing conditions.

We decided to play with the wind behind our backs in the first half and took advantage of that with two goals. One of which was a penalty for handball which wasn't met with many arguments from Carharrack so seemed like the correct decision from the ref.

The second half we had hoped that we would start to play some better football as we could not rely on the wind but it became a pretty scrappy game and Carharrack upped it a gear and found two goals themselves to pull the score level with about 20 minutes to play.

I have to admit, at this stage it seemed that if anyone was going to take three points it would be the visitors, dropping a two goal lead could have very easily caused our heads to drop and Carharrack were the team on the front foot. I thought we showed great character though to get the ball down and start to try and play some football again and we ended up with another penalty with 10-15 minutes left, Jason Fenton scored the initial spot kick to seemingly complete his hat-trick but the ref had spotted an encroachment into the area by one of our lads and the penalty was to be retaken, unfortunately this one was missed and at this point I think most would agree, a draw would of been the fair result.

With about 5 to go though, Morgan Jefferies (who ironically was the player in the box who caused the penalty to be retaken) popped up with the winner, a decent run in behind and little nick around the keeper gave us the three points.

We were not at our best at all on Saturday and the conditions didn't help, but winning games like that is very encouraging as last season we would of capitulated after the equaliser,

The game was played in good spirits and I thought the ref had a decent game, good luck to Carharrack for the rest of the season.

Mousehole 0 - 6 Illogan res.

Illogan dominated this game from start to finish in very windy conditions and playing some excellent football throughout!! Craig williams had a great game in the middle with Barry with both full backs getting forward and creating cahance have to chance with the mousehole keeper making great saves. the deadlock was broken with a driving run from right back from speedy gonzales dev catch me if you can who drove his way into the box and shot into the corner of the net. goals quickly followed with too being cancelled out for offside illogan went in at half time 2-0 up. Second half began the same as first with illogan dominating the defence held solid and played well for illogan when mousehole started to push on with the Buckley triangle holding firm the game was put to bed with 4 more goals from stu peters, abbo and babbo and the game was comfortable won at the end with illogan demonstrating good passing, movement and defensive qualities throughout this team is hitting form at the right time!! well done to mousehole for giving us a game.... and good luck!!

Titans 2 - 4 Helston Reserves

Very physical game played in awful conditions. Titans were very up for this game against a young Helston side who were missing four regulars. Helston showed great team spirit in the final 20 minutes to gain a good away win. Some games you have to grind out results and this was certainly one of those days!!

Good luck to Titans for the rest of the season.

Yes Besty, We come out and played the football, and football prevailed over thuggery! No room for headbutts and handbags on a pitch. At any level.

Great win today for Storm Reserves.

I agree with some of your points our player deserved a red card for the head butt but your player kicked ours 1st !! So who are the thugs now ? As for the hand bags both teams were as bad as each other !

You were the best team on the day as for playing the football its div 6 and there is very little football played at our level ! You had a quick boy up front who scored a hat trick ,he was the difference !

We were very poor on saturday but hopefully we will get revenge in the 2 cup games over the Troon rejects !!

Redruth Athletic 2-0 Marizion Blues

Wet and windy weather was the factor of this game (same with most games in south west lol) but that didnt stop the Athleticos go out and giving a good performance and Giving Marizion thier due they battled hard till the end. The Athleticos had plenty of chances but was a day the strikers were never going to put the balll in the back of the net... lucky the first goal came from good football leading Charlie Thompson to slot it home and Just before the break Right back Ben Beesley and his handy man "the Wind" struck the ball from his on half crossing it into the box but a dodgy bouncy in the area and some wind assiants the ball found itself into the top corner... Yes Ben it was a Fluke lol. Great game to be in both teams done well considering the weather

Div 4 Goonhavern 1 St Buryan 3

Another disappointing league performance cost us 3 points today. Especially the 1st half. Never really at the races. Credit to St Buryan who took full advantage.

Would like to comment on the ref but I heard yesterday that someone has been booked, fined and suspended by the CCFA for a write up in which he commented on the ref. Not sure where freedom of speech fits into all that but oh well.

Goonhavern's goal came from Marc Wilson with a great finish on the end of the only decent bit of football we played all game.

Need to pick it up for Mawnan at home next weekend.

Best of luck to St Buryan for the season.

i thought illogan have got mawnan in the cup next week. not 100% sure but that what i heard

I meant Mawnan Reserves. My bad