Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawney League Results 29/10/11

Division 5

Wendron 9 Mullion 2 (HT 1-1)

Great second half display by the league leaders after battling the first half against the wind and hill. Goals from Keir Dent x 2, Lee Smith x 2, Macca x 2, Paul Green, Kyle, and me.

Mullion fans were not happy with the performance with cry's of ' YOUR GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING' directed at their manager and players.

Div 1 cup

Constantine 4 Sennen 0

I. GRANT

J. DAVIES

T. CAMPBEL

D. BUSH.

Good game today at the tine. some good football played by tine and well worth their win. Senen battled well but tine opened them up an many occasions.4 good goals with 2 sceamers 1 from the youngster Tom Campbel and another top strike from D. Bush..

Div 4

Ruan minor 3 - 2 mawnan res

Both teams missing key players in this top of the table clash. Mawnan 2-1 up at half time After ruans rory sadler missed a penalty. second half saw ruan dominate with the wind in their favour. After pulling back to 2-2 ruans martin harvey ran round the goalkeeper to grab a deserved winner. Ruan and mawnan will definately be up there at the end if the season!

Mawnans goals from chris wood and tom hunt.

Madron 2-5 storm

The conditions when arriving at madron today were not ones which were going to allow a free flowing game. Madron went with the wind first Half and found themselves 2-0 up at half time one goal very suspect. With the wind in the second half the boys were very keen to attack but some fine goalkeeping kept madron infront. Madron had a chance get a third and take the wind out of our sails but two strikers going for the same ball resulted In one of them hitting the post. Storm with 16 mins to go got our first through a free kick. Our second followed quickly with Kieran brand striking home. Madron heads seemed to drop at that point and we scored the third fourth and final goal in quick succession before hearing the final whistle. Some great performances all over the park for storm today and some good ones for madron to. Look forward to return fixture

Andy osbourne 2

Marcus grasso 2

Kieran brand

Mom- Liam blenes on his debut

Oh forgot to say....

Storm 2nds aka (Troon rejects) 3-0 Troon 3rds

I'm sure one of the boys will write about the game I'm hearing a lot of incidents including a sending off, and a hat trick for Carl titch lee!!

Well done two storm wins!! Like a bus stand around waiting for one for hours and then two come at once good day for the club

Trevenson Res 1-6 Ludgvan Res

Playing with the wind in the first half we controlled the game from the start. Billy Foster scored the first, curling a corner straight in. Lee Hannaford then then doubled the lead with a well taken effort, beating the on rushing keeper. I then scored the third and fourth taking us into half time. Although against the wind we still had the lion's share of possession but failed to take our chances. Billy then scored his second with a powerful shot before Trevenson pulled one back from the spot after our very sporting lino flagged for a foul. Tim Triggs then scored the sixth on his debut. A good 3 points. All the best to Trevenson for the rest of the season.

Div 4

Fal Athletic 5-3 Threemilestone

Fal Scorers: Mike Moore, Ben Kellow (2), Tim Hurrell (p) and Gary Stevens

Athletic started slowly, taking the lead but then going 2-1 down after TMS penalty and a goal after our defence were caught napping a little. This brought us into life going in at the half 3-2 up. once we got infront the result never looked in doubt, scoring another 2 goals to go 5-2 up and our keeper only having to take a couple of goal kicks. a little complacency set in and Tms got another and our keeper making a good save with only a few minutes on the clock giving us a much needed reminder the game still wasnt won. all in all a comfortable win for athletic even though tms looked an organised side and never stopped looking for goals. on to junior cup action next week for athletic, hosting the in-form constantine at dracena

Definitely an aggie win.

St Agnes goal scorers Jack Belche & Spencer Hassell

Never an easy game on the tight pitch down at Albion and today was no different. The first half was a scrappy affair with the ball in the centre third for much of the half. Both teams had chances to take the league but it was Falmouth who scored a well worked goal 10 minutes before the break. Joe Benney, playing at centre half, won the ball with a typically high footed, dangerous challenge (;o) and played a diagonal ball splitting the Aggie defence allowing the forwards to exchange passes and side foot into the net.

The away side had more possession in the second period and created several half chances. Albion were dangerous on the break and squandered 3 very good chances - 2 top notch saves from big Graham Grithiths, and an awful miss by RJ from 6 yards out.

Despite the scoreline Aggie always felt that the goals would come and when the ball was headed out from a corner Captain Jack Belch unleashed an unstoppable volley into the top corner from 25 yards for his one token goal of the season (it will take another 100 attempts before the next goal).

Jake Hills, Rob Sweet and Spencer Hassell then went close for the saints before another quality whipped cross from James Thomas was met by Hassell who directed his header into the far corner from 10 yards.

A close game, but Aggie didn't panic and the second half performance justified the win.

Premier Result

Gwinear Churchtown 2 - 3 Gonnhavern ( 1-2 ht )

Super game of football in poor weather , with both teams playing there part . Neil Harvey was superb today in the middle and it pretty much guarantees you a good game when its allowed to flow and well marshalled .

Playing against the wind 1st half the home team had a couple of early scares to deal with, we had worked hard at training and were well drilled that we were up against a very good team however and coped well in difficult conditions taking the lead with about ten on the clock James Paradise stroking home for his 6th of the season ( not bad for a defender ) . The visitors pulled level with a superb whipped free kick that found its way to the left back who had made a great run in at the far post and his efforts were rewarded with the ball hitting him on the knee in full stride and flying past Jay Blewett. Jay had already pulled off a couple of great stops and again like against Mousehole he had the entire pitch applauding him when he some how turned a deflected effort around the post with a brilliant brilliant save. :clapper: I missed the next goal I was collecting a ball but it came after about 30 minutes and we went in pleased at our shape and work rate trailing by a single goal against a very strong wet wind !

Second half the home side really pushed for 30 minutes to get the equaliser both teams playing some good football in spells Goonhavern looking dangerous on the break but I was running the line second half and had very little to do, with the play mainly in the visitors half for large periods and before finally equalising we hit the woodwork a couple of times. Mark Halliday who was at the heart of the home defence hammered the ball forward from the right back position diagonally across the pitch picking out Barnaby Dagger who let fly with a half volley smashing into the back of the visitors net fantastic goal. Gwinear then pushed hard for the winner but as all good teams seem to be able to do Goonhavern had one last trick up their sleeves and it was fitting that their two best players today were involved in the winner , when a free kick was headed clear it was the captain that hooked it back in and the no.9 nipped in at the far post to crash in the winner with virtually the last kick of the game. With the flag in my hand I can see how easy it would be for me to raise it up to save my team , who could argue and I wonder how many points these 12th man lino's are worth over a season. He wasn't offside however and as heartbreaking as it was for my team today we walked off with our heads held high no points to show for our efforts, but I know how hard we worked for each other and how much we raised our game to compete with what surely will be league champions. Best of luck to Goonhavern , superb footballers and good guys on and off the pitch . :drink:

James Paradise and Barnaby Dagger with Gwins goal today .

Guest smashing pumpkin

Division 5

Wendron 9 Mullion 2 (HT 1-1)

Great second half display by the league leaders after battling the first half against the wind and hill. Goals from Keir Dent x 2, Lee Smith x 2, Macca x 2, Paul Green, Kyle, and me.

Mullion fans were not happy with the performance with cry's of ' YOUR GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING' directed at their manager and players.

we played well today (wendron) but i think considering the score i dnt think it reflects mullions performane today , they passed the ball around well . fairly evan 1st half but in the 2nd half with the strong wind in our favour we hit some nice goals . mullion had there chances but we fielded our strongest 11 today and it showed especcailly in the 2nd half .

st day 3rds 4 constantine res 2 a good game played in bad weather both teams trying to play football constantine going in 2 1 up at half time . we let st day back in to just after half time and thay scored with in the first 10 min of the restart . and then agean 10 min later to go 4 2 up we missed 2 easy chances in the last 5 min to make it all square good luck to st day for the rest of the season

Madron 2-5 storm

The conditions when arriving at madron today were not ones which were going to allow a free flowing game. Madron went with the wind first

Half and found themselves 2-0 up at half time one goal very suspect. With the wind in the

second half the boys were very keen to

attack0800 597 9841 but some fine goalkeeping

kept madron infront. Madron had a chance get a

third and take the wind out of our sails but two

strikers going for the same ball resulted In one

of them hitting the post. Storm with 16 mins to

go got our first through a free kick. Our second

followed quickly with Kieran brand striking

home. Madron heads seemed to drop at that

point and we scored the third fourth and final

goal in quick succession before hearing the final

whistle. Some great performances all over the

park for storm today and some good ones for

madron to. Look forward to return fixture

Can't wait to play against your man of match!!!

Andy osbourne 2

Marcus grasso 2

Kieran brand

Mom- Liam blenes on his debut

Penryn 3rds 5 Halestown 2

Plenty of rain, wind and far too long grass.

But nice to get 3 points on the table.

Great solo run from Lee Jeffery gave Danny Munday a tap in before Jeffery slotted home a penalty, one from winger Tom Dunstan and two from the Bryan 'Big Bear' Burton.

Halestown capitalised well on a two mistakes and ref Kevin Benetts was superb as usual.

Div 4

Ruan minor 3 - 2 mawnan res

Both teams missing key players in this top of the table clash. Mawnan 2-1 up at half time After ruans rory sadler missed a penalty. second half saw ruan dominate with the wind in their favour. After pulling back to 2-2 ruans martin harvey ran round the goalkeeper to grab a deserved winner. Ruan and mawnan will definately be up there at the end if the season!

Mawnans goals from chris wood and tom hunt.

Woody again jesus.

Premier Result

Gwinear Churchtown 2 - 3 Gonnhavern ( 1-2 ht )

Super game of football in poor weather , with both teams playing there part . Neil Harvey was superb today in the middle and it pretty much guarantees you a good game when its allowed to flow and well marshalled .

Playing against the wind 1st half the home team had a couple of early scares to deal with, we had worked hard at training and were well drilled that we were up against a very good team however and coped well in difficult conditions taking the lead with about ten on the clock James Paradise stroking home for his 6th of the season ( not bad for a defender ) . The visitors pulled level with a superb whipped free kick that found its way to the left back who had made a great run in at the far post and his efforts were rewarded with the ball hitting him on the knee in full stride and flying past Jay Blewett. Jay had already pulled off a couple of great stops and again like against Mousehole he had the entire pitch applauding him when he some how turned a deflected effort around the post with a brilliant brilliant save. :clapper: I missed the next goal I was collecting a ball but it came after about 30 minutes and we went in pleased at our shape and work rate trailing by a single goal against a very strong wet wind !

Second half the home side really pushed for 30 minutes to get the equaliser both teams playing some good football in spells Goonhavern looking dangerous on the break but I was running the line second half and had very little to do, with the play mainly in the visitors half for large periods and before finally equalising we hit the woodwork a couple of times. Mark Halliday who was at the heart of the home defence hammered the ball forward from the right back position diagonally across the pitch picking out Barnaby Dagger who let fly with a half volley smashing into the back of the visitors net fantastic goal. Gwinear then pushed hard for the winner but as all good teams seem to be able to do Goonhavern had one last trick up their sleeves and it was fitting that their two best players today were involved in the winner , when a free kick was headed clear it was the captain that hooked it back in and the no.9 nipped in at the far post to crash in the winner with virtually the last kick of the game. With the flag in my hand I can see how easy it would be for me to raise it up to save my team , who could argue and I wonder how many points these 12th man lino's are worth over a season. He wasn't offside however and as heartbreaking as it was for my team today we walked off with our heads held high no points to show for our efforts, but I know how hard we worked for each other and how much we raised our game to compete with what surely will be league champions. Best of luck to Goonhavern , superb footballers and good guys on and off the pitch . :drink:

James Paradise and Barnaby Dagger with Gwins goal today .

Well summed up mate. Playing you away from home is always one of the toughest fixtures of the season and it proved that way yesterday. We probably sat back a bit too much in the second half against the wind and were nearly punished but for our last gasp winner. Got to echo the comment about your keeper; that save he made in the first half was top drawer. Goonhavern's goals came from Elliot Brown and Sam Mansfied (x2) who, in my opinion, was by far the best player on the pitch yesterday. Gwinear certainly played their part yesterday and are more than capable of finishing in the top 4/5 this season. Great bunch too. Apologies about my performance in the pub afterwards with the football card :SM_carton: All the best for the season; see you at Reen Manor.

Trispen 0-9 west Cornwall. Good performance by west Cornwall today. Good bunch of lads at trispen. Good spread laid out in their new clubhouse.

West Cornwall definitely turned up today, massive improvement on last week.

Scorers were Ian Chatfield 3, Ash Kemp 2, Sam Kemp, Ryan Cooper, Steven Gilbert, OG

I was drunk last night so I may be slightly wrong but I'm sure that's what I remember!

Top facilities at Trispen too!

Also a word on the ref-exceptional! Best we've had all season by far! Didn't get his name but he was very, very good!

Div 4 Goonhavern 1 St Buryan 3

Another disappointing league performance cost us 3 points today. Especially the 1st half. Never really at the races. Credit to St Buryan who took full advantage.

Would like to comment on the ref but I heard yesterday that someone has been booked, fined and suspended by the CCFA for a write up in which he commented on the ref. Not sure where freedom of speech fits into all that but oh well.

Goonhavern's goal came from Marc Wilson with a great finish on the end of the only decent bit of football we played all game.

Need to pick it up for Mawnan at home next weekend.

Best of luck to St Buryan for the season.

Troon v Rangers

Div 4.

Where do you start or in this case we didn't. Two pitches in decent knick apart from the odd mole hill and a bit of long grass that is. The problem being that there wasn't a single line on either pitch. So after all the players, ref and uncle tom cobbly and had all turned up at troon we couldn't play.

The young lads at Troon did try and put down some lines but it was never going to happen in the rain or in time for kick off. To add salt to the wounds we had offered Troon the chance to switch fixtures with us this week, as we had the use of Porthlevens Gala Park. As was their right tho they turned us down, so just think how pleased we were when they hadn't bothered to prepare a pitch to play on.

Thats 3 games we have had called off this season already. Its becoming a Joke............................ :SM_carton:

Dunn Cup

Mawnan 4-0 Carharrack (HT 2-0)

First Half

Carharrack started brightly keeping the ball well and could have have been 2-0 up but Mark Mitchell stuck his shot inches wide and Joel Wrigh shooting wide. Then Mawnan started to get a grip on the game and scored after the winger broke the offside trap and crossed for the player to tap in. Then both teams exchanged possession until mawnan added a second after the winger again crossing to flick the ball past Liam Bray into the net. Then Carharrack kept possession well without threatening as did Mawnan.

2nd Half

Again both teams excahnged possession without really threatening But in the 72nd minute Mawnan right winger got to much space and crossed for the big centre forward to fire a bullet header pat the keeper. Not many chances created in the second half Mawnan grabbed a forth after a pull back for thr centre midfielder to place the ball in net.

Full credit to mawnan they deserved the win over the 90 minutes creating more chances but we played well but didn't create enough to have a chance of winning. we weren't at full strength but a well deserved win for Mawnan

Div 4 Goonhavern 1 St Buryan 3

Another disappointing league performance cost us 3 points today. Especially the 1st half. Never really at the races. Credit to St Buryan who took full advantage.

Would like to comment on the ref but I heard yesterday that someone has been booked, fined and suspended by the CCFA for a write up in which he commented on the ref. Not sure where freedom of speech fits into all that but oh well.

Goonhavern's goal came from Marc Wilson with a great finish on the end of the only decent bit of football we played all game.

Need to pick it up for Mawnan at home next weekend.

Best of luck to St Buryan for the season.

i thought illogan have got mawnan in the cup next week. not 100% sure but that what i heard