Cornwall Football Forum

changing rooms!!!

oh n in the week i had a letter drop thru the door sayin i am suspended by the ccfa 4 2 matches with a £25 fine 4 a comment i made ON HERE regarding a referees performance a couple of weeks back,seems he took offence n decided 2 justify his actions by reporting me 2 the ccfa so thank u very much mr roberts u r most definatly NOT on my xmas card list this year!!!

mayb dave u cud put up a list of rules or high light the fact players r open 2 this type of punishment wen writing a match report on an open forum set up by urself

oh n in the week i had a letter drop thru the door sayin i am suspended by the ccfa 4 2 matches with a £25 fine 4 a comment i made ON HERE regarding a referees performance a couple of weeks back,seems he took offence n decided 2 justify his actions by reporting me 2 the ccfa so thank u very much mr roberts u r most definatly NOT on my xmas card list this year!!!

mayb dave u cud put up a list of rules or high light the fact players r open 2 this type of punishment wen writing a match report on an open forum set up by urself

Everyone knows that you don't gob off about refs on here directly(unwritten rule)

Think someone mentioned in a post where the guy from newlyn east was gobbing off that the CCFA have people who scour this site

Notice that he has since been a lot quieter( maybe this red cards and criticising officials has caught up with him)

Unlucky they decided you were the one that got hit with the ban and fine

Pm me what the letter said as reposting it will not be a good idea

Actually it does concern me that the CCFA can do this. Do they look at all the forums on all the football websites in the county?

But in answer to you Goosefish, when you registered you would have clicked on agreeing to the following:-

Forum Terms & Rules

WELCOME TO CORNWALL FOOTBALL FORUM!

Feel free to support the site by posting all your results, match reports and thoughts about football in Cornwall

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that Cornwall Football Forum is not responsible for any messages posted. Cornwall Football Forum doesn't vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

We will take care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access or use of it. We process all information in accordance with the applicable UK data protection legislation.

Usernames

If a member is found to have multiple accounts, then these accounts will be removed or suspended. Please try and not use for example (TCFC) as it gives the impression you represent a club officialy.

Age Range

The Forum is open to all ages, therefore posts need to be respectful. Bad Language needs to be kept to a minimum.

Complaints

If a member has a complaint against another member/moderator/admin, or a post/thread, then contact a member of the admin team via e-mail or PM.

Enjoy!

The Cornwall Football Forum Team

Quite agree, why should the CCFA be able to fine for comments made on a social network? This isn't as bad as people planning to hold riots in places (Plymouth in particular) in this case the

people in question were just warned about their comments, a lot more serious than a little rant on here.

Yet another success story for the CCFA... NOT!!!

This is not an FA forum just an open forum set up by a private individual. By it's very nature it invites rants. By the same logic if I made any comment available visually or a comment was overheard or even two people testified to the CCFA that they heard me say something in the street then would I be open to being sanctioned?!

It seems strange they can take action. Goosefish - if I remember rightly, when I enquired to your club about this issue, they told me you were going to appeal - did you?

I intend phoning the CCFA tomorrow to discuss with someone - not sure who? With all the people employed at CCFA Headquarters, would anyone like to PM me please with suggestions as to who would deal with sort of thing up there?

To be honest social networking sites as well as forums will cause you grief if you say the wrong things on them

Especially if people know who you are

I think people just need to use some common sense before they type a post

I suppose abusing an official via this forum after a game is no different to doing it during a game to his face

Think a little more about respect

Just out of interest how old are you club capt and also goosefish?

Seems very harsh to me this - so are we now expected to not say ANYTHING to question ANY decision that goes against our Clubs? Perhaps we should all just agree 100% with everything that happens on a Saturday?

I dont agree with much of what gets said on here - but those making the posts have every right to make them!

And before those "holier than thous" who seem intent on digging up old matters/posts/comments etc (quite why I don't know.......) I would ask you to consider the point raised by Club_Capt - lets say a player from side B (losing) is in the clubhouse and hears a player from side A (winning) make a statement about the refs decision, or the linesman. He phones the CCFA and quotes the statement to them - do they sanction the player who made the statement?

Or try this one - A match reports states that the Referee made glaring errors and questionable decisions that cost the home side the result - does the reporter get sanctioned? (Newquay Peninsular report anyone?).

Unless we are all aware of what is considered by the ruling bodies (League/FA etc) to constitute disrepute or breaches of confidentiality we will will never know where the boundaries lie.

Mr Deacon should not need to do any more here - its down to the bodies who oversee our game to inform the Clubs in the new area of Social networking and sites such as this

Goosefish, i love your humour on this forum, but ive gotta defend Pelynt here.

When i think back to the long walk we had upto the field next to the travellers, compared to now, i think the club is coming on leaps and bounds. Im sure everyone at Pelynt would be upset with people thinking their changing rooms are being belittled - i actually think they are okay for what they are... We get undressed, get kitted up, get undressed, flap our bits around in the shower, then go and have a beer. Fine.

Well done to Pelynt Reserves this past weekend for beating us - good bunch of physical lads who can be very proud of their result against us. For us, blatently not good enough.

How can a fine or sanction be imposed about an opinion on a public forum that does not contravene UK law? Also what if that account was hacked?

I think you'll find it comes under misconduct by a player after the final whistle........... which is the same reason so many 'top' managers get done for their after match interviews.............. surely it be a lot easier to just be nice to each other :D

How can a fine or sanction be imposed about an opinion on a public forum that does not contravene UK law? Also what if that account was hacked?

I think you'll find it comes under misconduct by a player after the final whistle........... which is the same reason so many 'top' managers get done for their after match interviews.............. surely it be a lot easier to just be nice to each other :D

How long is that after match mis-conduct go on for..?? i thought you could only get reported up to couple hours after the game.., incase you say something to the ref in the bar after etc...????

i have changed in far worse then pelynt, end of the day if ur not happy with facilities get changed before you come, seen that done before, wasnt too many years ago players used to get changed on the side of the pitch,

as for the fine and ban, that is HARSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a public forum and i agree anyhting slanderous should be punished by the moderators but for CCFA to get involved is beyond belief. we got a big game coming up in a few weeks, might make a couple accounts and try and get players suspended from opposition :-D (joke) but its that easy,if it was me( not that i would voice my opinion about a ref's performance on here), id be appealing that,

we have had some awful refereeing decisions week in week out but at the end of the day im prettyy sure i make as many mistakes if not more than the man in black

but thats my opinion, if im allowed it :-p

Also given the odd and ambiguous nature of all of this bear in mind that referees are not are not exempt from such action for comments and/or misconduct. Rather than reporting a player it could be an official who is reported for "comments" on a forum or ear shot of anybody involved in the game. Hence we need some clarification under which rule people are being banned and fined regarding sites like this.

Sorry Anita, I can't find anything relevant regarding misconduct after the final whistle. The only thing near relevant would be misconduct regarding media comments. Not sure if it's applicable at this level and if this constitutes media? So until then if I was Goosefish I'd like to see under what rules/laws on misconduct I was being charged? Particularly as they are asking for money!

Couldnt you just deny all

Knowledge of the post! How can the ccfa prove that you are the same person attached to the forum name? i think thats a complete joke. Also surely your opinion is your opinion and not something that you can be fined for?

The ccfa would have to get past George and Zippy first to get to you hey !

To be honest social networking sites as well as forums will cause you grief if you say the wrong things on them

Especially if people know who you are

I think people just need to use some common sense before they type a post

I suppose abusing an official via this forum after a game is no different to doing it during a game to his face

Think a little more about respect

Just out of interest how old are you club capt and also goosefish?

im old enough 2 no better lol

played up pelynt yesterday n had 2 change in what can only be described as poor changing rooms,it was like they had been 2 dale farm n taken what the gypsys had left,surely there has 2 b some sort of rule as 2 what is sufficient cos u wouldnt let a dog live in there lol

Goosefish,got to disagree with you totally. Clubs like Pelynt make junior football as enjoyable as it is. There are a number of clubs out there with fantastic facilities and pitches,without an ounce of team or club spirit,who change their squads on a wholesale basis season after season. Pelynt are,and always have been in my many years rivalling them,a superb club,well run,with a great team ethic and a loyal and hardworking committee behind them. They have always been one of the more physical sides around,yet one of the fairest,and most hospitable before and after the game. Yes,their pitch slopes,and their changing facilities arent the best around,but the players and committee are rightly proud of what they've got,as are the many fans who show up week in week out - I'll bet there arent many better supported clubs in the whole of the Duchy league. Nothing has been dropped in their laps by generous benefactors or huge FA or Lottery grants;its all been raised by the hard work of players,supporters and committee members. There will always be people like Goosefish who turn up on a Saturday,spout rubbish on here and expect clubs to do everything for them but to those of us involved in running village clubs,those like Pelynt are worthy of our respect.

played up pelynt yesterday n had 2 change in what can only be described as poor changing rooms,it was like they had been 2 dale farm n taken what the gypsys had left,surely there has 2 b some sort of rule as 2 what is sufficient cos u wouldnt let a dog live in there lol

Goosefish,got to disagree with you totally. Clubs like Pelynt make junior football as enjoyable as it is. There are a number of clubs out there with fantastic facilities and pitches,without an ounce of team or club spirit,who change their squads on a wholesale basis season after season. Pelynt are,and always have been in my many years rivalling them,a superb club,well run,with a great team ethic and a loyal and hardworking committee behind them. They have always been one of the more physical sides around,yet one of the fairest,and most hospitable before and after the game. Yes,their pitch slopes,and their changing facilities arent the best around,but the players and committee are rightly proud of what they've got,as are the many fans who show up week in week out - I'll bet there arent many better supported clubs in the whole of the Duchy league. Nothing has been dropped in their laps by generous benefactors or huge FA or Lottery grants;its all been raised by the hard work of players,supporters and committee members. There will always be people like Goosefish who turn up on a Saturday,spout rubbish on here and expect clubs to do everything for them but to those of us involved in running village clubs,those like Pelynt are worthy of our respect.

all i sed was the changing rooms wernt great,I DIDNT knock their team spirit or ability as a team 2 play football or run down the guys that make sure the clubs run week by week or bad mouth their hospitality which i for 1 think is the best we've had so far food wise!!!!

hows ur re-build of changing rooms/club house coming along at polperro?????????????????

all i sed was the changing rooms wernt great,I DIDNT knock their team spirit or ability as a team 2 play football or run down the guys that make sure the clubs run week by week or bad mouth their hospitality which i for 1 think is the best we've had so far food wise!!!!

hows ur re-build of changing rooms/club house coming along at polperro?????????????????

Polperro,as will Pelynt,be fine. Got some exciting plans for the club but these will take a lot of time and effort. For now we'll be fine as we are.

I miss the games too jenksy. They was all end to end belters.

Sadly not so much on the scoresheet this year, Kyle Tippett is banging them in though, I tend to pop up with the odd goal. Keep playing deeper and deeper in my older age :-p how u boys gettin on this year???

As a player and committee member of Pelynt football club, I’m very disappointed to read your comments.

A lot of time and fundraising has gone into keeping Pelynt football club going over the years and many a person has helped along the way. We’re happy to receive constructive comments to help us develop our club, so that we can improve it for all, but this is neither constructive nor helpful.

Please be more careful in the future to what you write about as it can (and in this case has) cause upset.

I’d also like to show gratitude to those whom appreciate our club and like us understand it’s about getting together and playing the game of football each weekend.

Ps. can we now bring this topic to an end.

many thanks

Paul

Point one

If pelynt weren't in the league you would have had no game this weekend which means a rubbish day shopping with the misses would have been in order

Point two

If people have had enough of poor officials and don't enjoy playing anymore because of it then take up the job yourself don't criticise officials as it will only come back to bite you in the backside or the wallet and a ban will mean another rubbish day shopping with the misses

Without pelynt and without officials a Saturday is going to be very boring for someone!

its not just pelynt,theres worse places iv been in!!!

boxy didnt mean 2 offend u or ur club so apologies if i have

the cat if i cudnt play 4 st dennis then id play sum where else as iv signed 4 3 different clubs 1 in duchy,1 in ecpl and 1 in swpl so no shopping 4 me just yet n its not like i bitch about all officials just sum that i think have had a bad day at the office so 2 speak.

dave deacon wot did dawn have 2 say?

its not just pelynt,theres worse places iv been in!!!

boxy didnt mean 2 offend u or ur club so apologies if i have

the cat if i cudnt play 4 st dennis then id play sum where else as iv signed 4 3 different clubs 1 in duchy,1 in ecpl and 1 in swpl so no shopping 4 me just yet n its not like i bitch about all officials just sum that i think have had a bad day at the office so 2 speak.

you must be some player just to walk into any side and get a game on a saturday when your team doesnt have one!!

Just kidding!!

I can see that you are a guy who is passionate about football but if you channel it in the right way it can often make you an even better player!

Yes I did have a call back from the County's new CEO Dawn Aberdeen and the basic thing is that anything on a "public forum" such as this one is answerable.

If a referee sees a comment on any public forum that he considers is offensive towards himself, he has the right to report it to the appropriate authority.

In the case of "Goosefish" - obviously he must have known who you were.

The CCFA do not scour the internet forums, they only act on reports into them.