Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - Sat 22 Oct 2011

Guest smashing pumpkin

(div 6) trelander 6-1 marazion this game started off with both sides had early chances trelander took the lead on 25 mis with header from dan clemments from a corner the 2nd goal by d wellfare just before halftime ht 2-0 marazion stared the better side in the 2nd half fell behinde with a 3rd goal from j martin the 4th was scored by d boyed and d wellfare made it 5 :thumbsup: marazion pulled a goal back trelander made 3 subs witch paid off with s stickland finshing off the scoreing ( the ref was good all game) :clapper:

Div 1

Newlyn NA 1 Chacewater 6 h/t 1-3

Chacewater did all the scoring in a good natured match at the Penzance Leisure Centre with Spencer Knibb heading Newlyn into an early lead,

The pitch was looking good and the best that i've seen it over the years..

Match well referee-ed with common sense by Francis Hood :clapper:

Thanks for the after match food too.Good luck for the rest of the season.

Premier

St Agnes 2-3 Mawnan

A good battling performance by both sides at a windswept Enys park. Mawnan scored first with a good freekick from Rich in centre mid, Graham in the Aggie goal got a hand to it but couldn't keep it out.

The saints responded with a headed goal by Richie Horsewell from Darren murrishs corner.

In the second half neither team really looked like scoring until Jimmy Gazzard won the ball in the middle of the park, played it out to Jake Hills who ran down the right flank and whipped the ball in for Gazzard to score on the volley at the back post.

Mawnan had more possession as the game went on and deservedly equalised with 20 minutes to play after a mix up inthe Aggie defence.

The away side went on to win the game with 1 minute of normal time remaining, the ball being chipped over the home keeper from the edge of the box.

A draw would probably have been a fair result as neither side really looked like winning it but mawnan battled to the end and got the winner.

Always a close and enjoyable game, good luck to Mawnan for the rest of the season, we need FH teams to be picking up points at the minute.

Special mention for Kevin Morris who was by far the best player on the pitch. ;o)

Premier

Goonhavern 9-0 Mousehole (2-0 h/t)

Goals from Luke Brown (x2), Joe Carlyon (x3), Lewis Waters (x2), Sam Mansfield and Curtis Keen. Should have been more. Wasn't all about the goals though, Jamie Cox pretty much set every goal up. Well ref. Shame not many of the Mousehole lot stayed behind after the game but saying that they're probably all still travelling home.

Also heard it was Gwinear CT 2-5 TMS.

Constantine 11 perranporth 1

A squad with top players left out through slight niggles( Dinch, Ashley and mad dog not kitted up) and strong players on the bench totally dominated this game from start to finish. Tine have had some good performances already this season but today saw the team gel and from 1-11 played some fantastic football and the 3 subs that came on were also superb. Perranporth battled hard till the end and got themselves a goal. was a pleasure to watch Tine play so well, hopefully this form will continue. Well done lads

Trelawny 2

West Cornwall 7-2 Trispen

1st half was probably the worst WC performance in our short existence, absolutely terrible. HT 0-0

2nd half, Trispen took the lead more or less straight away, and it was the best thing that could of happened for WC as it was the kick up the ass we needed. WC equalised not long after, then started to knock the ball around and actually play football. WC created a lot of chances, could of been more but in fairness 7 was flattering and Trispen themselves could have had more than they ended up with. Never gave up throughout. 3 more points and a lot to work on for next week when we visit....Trispen!

WC scorers- Ian Chatfield 3, Ben Penberthy 1, Ash Kemp 1 and our French international Joris something with 2 on his debut!

Frogpool 5 0 holmans

Att 15

No excuses for this one as we were pretty dire and really should have a bit of a chat with ourselves. Frogpool very lively upfront especially their centrr forward who had some cracking movement off the ball and caused a lot of damage . Holmans to their credit decided to drink saki tie Japanese flags around their heads and do some kamikaze passing but frogpool were well deserving of their 3-0 lead at half time

2nd half saw a significant improvement from the visitors who on occasions played some quite neat passing football but unfortunatley were no where near troubling the frogpool keeper who looked solid over the 90min. 2 second half goals from frogpool secured their place in the 2nd round of the Russell hall cup

Holmans are faced next week with a 29 mile bike ride from lands end as I've bullied them into it to raise some cash!!!! Let's hope the two week break does us good for the junior cup trip to pendeen! Maybe we should cycle to that too!!!!!

Even without the linesman, tine would still have a 100% winning record this season

yep, well said. a very good team that will get better as games go on. Tine finished quite low last season and i dont think our linesman was mentioned on here. jealousy or sour grapes perhaps, i dont know. keep up the good work Tine. A fantastic village club to be part of

Premier result.

Gwinear CT 2 - 5 TMS ( 0-1 ht )

Good game of football , lost our 100% home record today , taught a harsh lesson that in this league you can't switch off as you get punished . Starting very brightly and dominating the 1st half Gwinear were poor however in the final 3rd never really troubling the visiting keeper and wastefull in front of goal. A clear penalty was missed by the ref on the half hour mark , TMS lino said he would of given it but the ref had asked him to only flag for throws and offsides so just bad luck on our part.TMS took the lead 5 minutes later with a very good goal.

Second half started with a well struck free kick by there no.11 and MOTM , catching a deflection on its way and looping over Jay for 2-0. Heads didn't drop and when a few minutes later James Breakwell squared the ball across for Bagshaw to tap in it started a great spell for us and it was no surprise when we made it 2-2 Cameron Irish who is in great form laying it on for Breakwell to hammer home. Gwinear looked the team more likely to win at this stage however TMS took the lead when a silly challenge in the box with the player heading to the touch line our lad clearly hooked the ball from our view on the touchline even the old TMS manager watching said so but from where the ref was you can see why he gave it and if you make challenges like that the risk is always there. Still this was against the run of play and we should of made amends but instead felt hard done by and sulked for ten minutes and were punished by two good goals the 4th arriving within a couple of minutes of the pen , a superb corner and thumping header , quickly followed by the 5th from a Dellap style throw that was lethal and riffled home . We then missed out on another pen when Irish was fouled in the box he foolishly was too honest trying to stay on his feet stumbling into another defender trying to get his shot away, any where else on the park the ref would bring it back for the foul but for some reason he told me that had the lad gone down he would of given it but felt he played the advantage, nothing in this game for honesty Cam next time a half twist and eat the turf son. :blink:

Well done TMS punished us like a good side should , good lads very fair lino and I hope you do well till we meet again. I thought the ref was very good in dealing with the respect side of things unlike last week and all in all had a good game just got three very big decisions wrong but it happens and it was the way in which we dealt with those blows that cost us today. Thank goodness its only Goonhaven next week !!! :ninja: I'm coming up in the week to hide your shooting boots Joe :clapper:

Premier result.

Gwinear CT 2 - 5 TMS ( 0-1 ht )

Good game of football , lost our 100% home record today , taught a harsh lesson that in this league you can't switch off as you get punished . Starting very brightly and dominating the 1st half Gwinear were poor however in the final 3rd never really troubling the visiting keeper and wastefull in front of goal. A clear penalty was missed by the ref on the half hour mark , TMS lino said he would of given it but the ref had asked him to only flag for throws and offsides so just bad luck on our part.TMS took the lead 5 minutes later with a very good goal.

Second half started with a well struck free kick by there no.11 and MOTM , catching a deflection on its way and looping over Jay for 2-0. Heads didn't drop and when a few minutes later James Breakwell squared the ball across for Bagshaw to tap in it started a great spell for us and it was no surprise when we made it 2-2 Cameron Irish who is in great form laying it on for Breakwell to hammer home. Gwinear looked the team more likely to win at this stage however TMS took the lead when a silly challenge in the box with the player heading to the touch line our lad clearly hooked the ball from our view on the touchline even the old TMS manager watching said so but from where the ref was you can see why he gave it and if you make challenges like that the risk is always there. Still this was against the run of play and we should of made amends but instead felt hard done by and sulked for ten minutes and were punished by two good goals the 4th arriving within a couple of minutes of the pen , a superb corner and thumping header , quickly followed by the 5th from a Dellap style throw that was lethal and riffled home . We then missed out on another pen when Irish was fouled in the box he foolishly was too honest trying to stay on his feet stumbling into another defender trying to get his shot away, any where else on the park the ref would bring it back for the foul but for some reason he told me that had the lad gone down he would of given it but felt he played the advantage, nothing in this game for honesty Cam next time a half twist and eat the turf son. :blink:

Well done TMS punished us like a good side should , good lads very fair lino and I hope you do well till we meet again. I thought the ref was very good in dealing with the respect side of things unlike last week and all in all had a good game just got three very big decisions wrong but it happens and it was the way in which we dealt with those blows that cost us today. Thank goodness its only Goonhaven next week !!! :ninja: I'm coming up in the week to hide your shooting boots Joe :clapper:

I didn't really have them today mate. Should have scored about 6. See you next weekend! :c:

DIV 1 LEAGUE CUP

ST.DAY (1) 1 Cole 32,

ST.KEVERNE (1) 2 36,76

Really even game played on an excellent pitch (well done Mark as usual!) :clapper: Could have gone either way but we missed too many chances and paid for it unfortunately. Good luck to St.Keverne in the next round. Apart from Tine,the best team we,ve played all season :thumbsup:

Div 2

Madron 2 praze 3

strange game of football gifted praze 3 goals but still felt should of got something from the game

must mention praze,s right back, moaned more than my mother in law

had an argument on everything, even the ref asked him for a divorce twice.

good luck to praze for the rest of the season, good bunch of lads

Agree with your report on game rappo a real even game that could of been taken by either team but on the whole I think you had the better chances! A much improved performance from the result at our place and the st day lads were a pleasure to play against ref was decent maybe a little in consistent but on the whole was an enjoyable game, iv just come back to edit this because I want you to talk me through your bicycle kick rappo :)

Arthur Pearce Cup

Goonhavern Res 10-2 Troon

Blustery conditions and quite a heavy pitch made it a difficult game but we handled it well. Goals came from Skipper Matt Millbanks on his birthday x4, Marc Wilson x3 and 1 each for Diddy, Marley and Paul G. Every time we played football we scored. Credit to Troon who didnt give up and scored twice in the last 10 mintures when the game was up. The only other blip was Diddy picking up another knee injury, which last season kept him out for 3 months. We all wish him a speedy recovery. Well reffed. Best of luck to the Troon lads for the season

Premier

Ludgvan 5-1 Carharrack

Score line doesn't reflect the game! Felt we deserved a draw had plenty of chances but if you don't score you pay the price as lufgvan did the more clinical finishing! Couple of dodgy decisions by ref cost us two goals. But no excuses we Tired towards the end! All the best to ludgvan see you at our place.

Scorer

Brendon Dennis

Gulval 5 v Falmouth Albion 1

After close to 2 years I finally found time to go back "home" to watch my beloved Gulval at St Clare.

I really enjoyed the hour of the match that I watched, Gulval to be fair were a little disjointed to start, maybe even a touch "standoff-ish" but got it together after a bit of tinkering by The Gaffer Rob Gall. 1-0 at half time was a fair reflection, but Albion could have had something from a smart run and shot straight at the 'keeper and another that but for a little more effort to keep the head over the ball would have surely have burst the net.

I was impressed with with Gulval and as always will not mention names for fear of them being poached but a short foward and a couple of midfielders excelled.

As for Albion the skipper (name please?) played very well indeed, I think if 1 or more had stepped up and took a bit more of the responsibility then maybe they may have got more from the game. I was also pleased to see a very good 'keeper for Albion. I know a few goals were shipped but the last time I saw a decent young small 'keeper that good it was Bryan Scoffin, and look up his CV it ain't that bad at all.

All in all a good afternoon. The clubhouse looks fantastic,the team something like it and with the Reserves getting a point, I am pleased for everyone at the club.

Final thanks for old friends making me feel welcome. Rhon, Rose and Rob thank you !

Ad Metam

Ha ha! Thanks for reminding me Jeremy!! Regretted it as soon as i did it mate!! Forgot i was 44 and 18st until i landed on myself!!! Used to score loads of them in the old Cornwall days but unfortunately my mind is willing but my body aint anymore!!! Good luck in the next round,will take a good team to beat you mate. :clapper:

Thanks Patch. He really looks a tidy player, it seems clear that he take a lot of responsibility. Not the worst attribute but as the game goes on its harder to do, let alone do well. A really decent player and Joe if you are reading this, find the guys you can trust and give them some of the burden. Top player not that I know anything!

I forgot to mention the ref.....Judd? The lad had a really good game, Clear direction, positive instruction, up with play and sock horror accurate decision making. Well done! Amazing to think I had been playing 7 years when he was born!

I forgot to mention the ref.....Judd? The lad had a really good game, Clear direction, positive instruction, up with play and sock horror accurate decision making. Well done! Amazing to think I had been playing 7 years when he was born!

Ben Judd - already a good ref, nice lad and very approachable - will progress through the levels i reckon, The General

St.Just 2-3 Lizard Argyle (HT 2-1)

A far better performance from St.Just against a strong Lizard side. First half St.Just played with the wind but went 1-0 down to a 20 yard shot that gave Scott Rowe in goal no chance. Having most of the play, St.Just equalised when Stefan Smith had a penalty that was saved but managed to score the rebound. St.Just went 2-1 with a Scott Meagor goal. After that St.Just had 2 or 3 great chances that were well saved by the Lizard keeper, keeping them in the game, and 2 goal line clearances.

The second half was mainly one-way trafic from the Lizard side playing with the wind, with the St.Just defence holding out well.

A harmless freekick on the hour mark was misjudged by the St.Just defence and keeper, gifting Lizard a way back in to the game. Scott redeemed himself shortly after with a fine fingertip save tipping the ball over the bar.

The game changed with 10 minutes to go; a bizzare refereeing decision was made when an obvious ball to hand incident happened just inside the St.Just box against Terry Sturgeon and a penalty was given, along with a red card after he flipped his lid in disbelieve at the decision (by throwing the Lizard striker to the floor).

The penalty was well saved by Scott Rowe, however to cap it all in the last 5 minutes, a ball over the top was given as offside by the linesman, but was over-ruled by the referee and Lizard scored with a few minutes remaining.

The referee was being assesed throughout the game and this was very noticeable by the 2 penalties, 5 yellow cards and 1 red card being handed out.

A draw would've been a fair result.

St Buryan 3 Illogon 2

Well deserved win for Buryan.

agree mate scrappy long ball game with wind causing probs for both teams second goal contentious but no denying a really good goal for buryans third opened us up like a tin of beans josh did good goal but bad defending too... well done buryan just shaded it thats my opinion!! congrats..

Arthur pearce cup

Illogan 3rds 4-3 West Cornwall res

Tom Butt 2

Josh Sharpe

Ralph Pascoe

West Cornwall Scorers:

Darren Reed

Robbie Condie

Owen Hodge

Well contested game between two young sides, disappointed with our performance in the first half but thought we showed great character to keep battling until the end against a side that are three divisions above us.

St.Just 2-3 Lizard Argyle (HT 2-1)

A far better performance from St.Just against a strong Lizard side. First half St.Just played with the wind but went 1-0 down to a 20 yard shot that gave Scott Rowe in goal no chance. Having most of the play, St.Just equalised when Stefan Smith had a penalty that was saved but managed to score the rebound. St.Just went 2-1 with a Scott Meagor goal. After that St.Just had 2 or 3 great chances that were well saved by the Lizard keeper, keeping them in the game, and 2 goal line clearances.

The second half was mainly one-way trafic from the Lizard side playing with the wind, with the St.Just defence holding out well.

A harmless freekick on the hour mark was misjudged by the St.Just defence and keeper, gifting Lizard a way back in to the game. Scott redeemed himself shortly after with a fine fingertip save tipping the ball over the bar.

The game changed with 10 minutes to go; a bizzare refereeing decision was made when an obvious ball to hand incident happened just inside the St.Just box against Terry Sturgeon and a penalty was given, along with a red card after he flipped his lid in disbelieve at the decision (by throwing the Lizard striker to the floor).

The penalty was well saved by Scott Rowe, however to cap it all in the last 5 minutes, a ball over the top was given as offside by the linesman, but was over-ruled by the referee and Lizard scored with a few minutes remaining.

The referee was being assesed throughout the game and this was very noticeable by the 2 penalties, 5 yellow cards and 1 red card being handed out.

A draw would've been a fair result.

Just to inform you, referee's are not aware of assessment until after the game, so I doubt that this had any impact on game, the 2 penalties, 5 yellow cards and 1 red card being handed out. Maybe it was due to the players....... hmmmmm!!!!!