Cornwall Football Forum

UP FOR THE PASTY CUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took the wife out for some food and drink last night. Bought her a Parkway pasty and a cup of tea .............

It was all dry and burnt on the bottom ( the pasty ..... not my missus ). :clapper:

Very disapointed.

Just got a text from Way fo the Park and he says that the Plymstock pasty this afternoon is up there with the best.

The Plymstock pasty was a real contender , especially at the business end of the season .

Still some heavy hitters to appraise , yet to see what Falmouth,Launceston and Buckland have to offer . Also hearing good things about the Ivybridge offering .

No doubt the FA also appraised the Bickland Park and Homers Heath pasties as part of the ground grading exercise .

• 2 weeks later...

Having to come off the bench today for the pasty review as Mrs Bald One would not let him out to play at Cullompton today .

Good pasty . Nice nice flaky pastry , served hot . Possibly underseasoned for my taste with a slight failing on the meat to potato ratio.

These factors mean that it would have to be placed in middtable rather than challenging for honours .

• 2 weeks later...

Way of the Park had to stand in for me yesterday sampling the Ivybridge pasty. Here is what he txt me :

Pastry good , nicely spiced , meat a bit gristly but not a contender. Away trips to Buckland , Launceston , Falmouth and Torpoint still to come.

Liskeard still in the lead.

More Cheeseburgers than Pasties at Buckland :D

Way of the Park had to stand in for me yesterday sampling the Ivybridge pasty. Here is what he txt me :

Pastry good , nicely spiced , meat a bit gristly but not a contender. Away trips to Buckland , Launceston , Falmouth and Torpoint still to come.

What no pasties ?

What no pasties ?

Yes they have got pasties but they do some excellent snacks that pasties get forgotten

Cheesy Chips/Egg&Bacon Rolls/Hot Dogs/Cheeseburgers/Plain Burgers/Sausage&Chips plus Chocs and Homemade Cakes sometimes :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

After an epic journey through torrential rain and thunderstorms to Bickland Park there are two things that are needed , alcoholic beverages and pasties .

Pint of Tribute (very tasty and well priced ) for myself and the obligatory cider for The Bald One .First task completed ,now for the pasties ....

None for sale.Falmouth Town don't sell such delicacies apparently . A disappointment as we saw two hoardings advertising manufacturers of said items .

I was worried that a ravenous Bald One was going to start gnawing on the wooden bench . :(

Not many games to go now and I have just witnessed the best pasty yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Liskeard , but the Launceston oggy was great today. I was tempted to have a second one .

Way of the Park ......... you missed out today lad , must make sure you take in this fixture next season. lol :drink:

Away games left this season = Bodmin ( who do not do pasties ) , Buckland ( looking forward to this eating experience ) and Torpoint.

Well done Launceston.

• 2 weeks later...

Sampled the Torpoint pasty last night . Big , flat and dry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Torpoint.

With only one away game to go at Bodmin , who do not sell pasties my final results for the season are :

First = Launceston.

Second =Liskeard.

Third = Parkway.

I would apologise to those who do not like this light humoured topic ............. but I am not go to , :smiley20: so tough .

Next season will be the Cider cup.I

Sampled the Torpoint pasty last night . Big , flat and dry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Torpoint.

With only one away game to go at Bodmin , who do not sell pasties my final results for the season are :

First = Launceston.

Second =Liskeard.

Third = Parkway.

I would apologise to those who do not like this light humoured topic ............. but I am not go to , :smiley20: so tough .

Next season will be the Cider cup.I

Honourable mention for the Plymstock and Ivybridge pasties as well .

Special award to St Blazey for making a tannoy announcement of how many were left .