Cornwall Football Forum

The Tom Benney Testimonial - a date for your diary!

St Agnes AFC are sad and delighted all at the same time to announce the Tom Benney Testimonial!

Anyone who has been around Combination football for very long will know Tom for his prowess as a goal scorer, his loyalty to his club and his team and for being an all around great chap!

Sadly owing to a heart condition his playing career has been cut short but on Tuesday 27th December at 2pm St Agnes AFC would like to invite players new and old, supporters, family and friends to join us at Enys Parc for the Tom Benney Testimonial - a fixture between the 'Tom Benney Select' and the 'Kimmo's Old Farts' (Politely renamed KOF!!)

This will be a special day for St Agnes AFC as we applaud Tom and mark the loss he has been to our playing side!

More details will be posted nearer the date!

There will of course be a charity fund raising opportunity with an 'unwanted Christmas Present Auction' and raffle - we hope that everyone who has played with Tom will come along and support!

If you would like to be involved please get in touch with Kimmo 01872 242534 or 07974 370666

Thank you and hope to see you there!

Mandy

Thanks for the offer of filming Perranwell Twins - I suppose we would need to 'pay' you with vast quantities of food???

Thank you to those who have texted to offer help or to play - looking forward to it already!

I will post more updates and plans as we approach the day!

Hope to see you all there!

Mandy & Martyn

ahh just seen in was 27th dec. most likely be back home then.

save the food for when we visit with the well.

all the best

Thanks for the offer of filming Perranwell Twins - I suppose we would need to 'pay' you with vast quantities of food???

Thank you to those who have texted to offer help or to play - looking forward to it already!

I will post more updates and plans as we approach the day!

Hope to see you all there!

Mandy & Martyn

I will be there

Me and Tom go way back

Haha bungle!! I just thought testimonials are for legends such as beckham, shearer, giggs etc I don't mean to sound harsh

Read the very first post Bushy!!!

it's for a local footballer who was a prolific goalscorer and who has been a loyal player for St Agnes for a great number of seasons when i'm sure other clubs who play at a higher standard had come knocking.

Tom is still a young lad but medically cannot play any longer so I think St Agnes should be applauded for giving him a christmas send off and to show their appreciation of his loyalty and the large amount of goals he's scored for them over a number of seasons. (Probably all the centre halfs in the combo are not as sad to see the back of him :) )

Haha bungle!! I just thought testimonials are for legends such as beckham, shearer, giggs etc I don't mean to sound harsh

Legend in combo football in my book and other people's too

Ask rappo and I expect he will say the same about Tom

one club man and banged in a couple hundred goals for them too

Read the very first post Bushy!!!

it's for a local footballer who was a prolific goalscorer and who has been a loyal player for St Agnes for a great number of seasons when i'm sure other clubs who play at a higher standard had come knocking.

Tom is still a young lad but medically cannot play any longer so I think St Agnes should be applauded for giving him a christmas send off and to show their appreciation of his loyalty and the large amount of goals he's scored for them over a number of seasons. (Probably all the centre halfs in the combo are not as sad to see the back of him :) )

It's a shame that people who are ...ck should even come on here and put comments like that!!

Tom was one guy who kept Kimmo sane!!! ( albeit help him too )

Can I just state that no money is being given to Tom for this day!!

Its a charity day at St Agnes football club, Tom will be making an appearance should his health let him, once the crowds are in and the players are on the pitch, Tom will make an entrance in a wheelchair wrapped up in his sheepskin coat. He's willing to sign autographs and have pictures taken with anyone who so wishes.

ps. he is also donating his left boot to charity, its brand new, in fact, he has 6 left footed boots to give away all varying in sizes that he has used throughout his football career.

Can I just state that no money is being given to Tom for this day!!

Its a charity day at St Agnes football club, Tom will be making an appearance should his health let him, once the crowds are in and the players are on the pitch, Tom will make an entrance in a wheelchair wrapped up in his sheepskin coat. He's willing to sign autographs and have pictures taken with anyone who so wishes.

ps. he is also donating his left boot to charity, its brand new, in fact, he has 6 left footed boots to give away all varying in sizes that he has used throughout his football career.

darren you must have loads of PAIRS of boots you could donate to the charity day as most of yours havent had much use.

your second touch is usually a header!!!

You love him really Daz!! Scoffs is spot on. So sorry to hear Toms news,remember him as a 16 year old playing for Brendons Aggie reserve team and you just knew he was going to be a great player. A natural goalscorer with a lovely laid back attitude,Aggie will miss your goals Tom. Really sorry cant be there,will be up Scotland getting ready to go Parkhead to see Celtic beat Rangers the next day!?! Also Kimmo and Mandy another great event organised by yourselves! When your statues go up at Enys Parc i,ll make sure i aint already arranged to go Glasgow for a week!! Keep up the great work and Tom have a fantastic day,you deserve it mate. X

• 1 month later...

luckily its on a few miles walk there and back as due to alcohol levels at that time of year i reckon driving will be a no go

Tom has slotted a few past me over the years and even played in the same side as him at college lovely guy and such a natural goalscorer

wont find a diamond like him at many clubs ever in the past or in the future.

get ur wallets out for charity guys

The Cat

A big thank you to those who turned up and played/officiated/donated and supported in every way!

Benney's Boys 1 v Kimmos's Marauders 0!

We raised £650 for the Willow Foundation a Charity founded by Scotland/Arsenal Keeper Bob Wilson in memory of his daughter supporting special days for seriously ill young adults. A fantastic amount especially in today's difficult financial times!

A great day at Enys Parc - thank you to everyone who supported in every way!

Tom Benney, Mandy & Martyn Kimmins!