Cornwall Football Forum

You lot will chuckle when you see me scootering across Cornwall! Anyway, just want to make it clear, I was just standing up for the youth as I have done since i made an account, but I am fortunate enough to have a job, and I would easily work all day Sunday for free to play on a Saturday anyway :)

Considering i'm at college all day 5 days a week, i play football on a Saturday, I work on a Sunday and I go to parties regularly, the only times i am on here is after college when I'm studying and I stop for a break, or in the morning when i come on to check the forums and facebook. And considering you've written more posts than me and have managed to reply to me you look like a bit of a hypocrite If I'm honest.

The travel issue could be sorted by playing for your local side not going out to st day, if i remember rightly i think you said you lived in falmouth or penryn? Bungle has more posts than you because he has been on here for a lot longer, you only started up at the beginning of the season and have made almost 100 posts already, ive been on the forum since it was the old cornish soccer and your catching me up, at the rate your going you will pass me by xmas! I know you work and good on you for doing it, but even at 16 i still paid subs for Duchy and subs for fal town under 18s each weekend, made easier by living within walking distance of both clubs

The travel issue could be sorted by playing for your local side not going out to st day, if i remember rightly i think you said you lived in falmouth or penryn? Bungle has more posts than you because he has been on here for a lot longer, you only started up at the beginning of the season and have made almost 100 posts already, ive been on the forum since it was the old cornish soccer and your catching me up, at the rate your going you will pass me by xmas! I know you work and good on you for doing it, but even at 16 i still paid subs for Duchy and subs for fal town under 18s each weekend, made easier by living within walking distance of both clubs

I am playing for Falmouth Under 18's, and I did a lot to make sure that Under 18's got up and running this season. The only teams in walking distance are Falmouth Albion and Falmouth Town, I know i'm not good enough to play combo yet, and I have friends better than me who can't get in at Albion. I want to play football on a Saturday, not watch it. I comment on things giving my opinion, yes I'm opinionated. If you guys really don't want my opinion then I won't bother giving it I don't mind.

You would be welcome to come and play for falmouth athletic, last seasons double league and cup winning fhl club, falmouth does have another club, im at athletic and we would never turn away a young lad who wants to play, and dont spit your dummy out over bugger all, if you wanna give your opinion give it, just dont go crazy when someone elses opinion you dont like

yes mark i may of come across harsh but never mind, i thouht it was funny and that was how it was meant to come across, a light hearted bit of banter that has been taken far too seriously, no offence intended tempo but you take things far too personally and topics end up becoming about you taking everything to heart, lighten up mate thats all, post away, its not a competition for who does most, its a forum for talking football and having a bit of banter

Tempo maybe your just not good enough to play. you wouldnt get in at falmouth athletic!

I think he realises that, hence why the move to a team where he can get regular football and a chance to improve - then maybe he could get a game for one of his local teams.

Too right

I thought this thread was about Subs to play football not slagging off younger members of the Forum.

Personally I think subs is the only way forward for a lot of clubs in these trying times.

Unfortunately it is getting worse.

Personally I think, that for some of the bigger clubs with teams in the SWPL, JCCL and ECPL plus 3rd and 4th teams in junior football, in the next year or so will they will have to seriously look at their set-ups.

If these junior teams don't become more self funding then clubs will start disbanding these 3rd and 4th teams and concentrating on just their more senior teams.

There just isn't the money out there in the form of sponsorship, personal player sponsors, gate money, fund-raising money to sustain all the teams locally.

You read it here first.

CTB

£3 home games, £2 away games at St Agnes 2nds.

Big up to our various sponsers such as the St Agnes Hotel who undoubtedly help keep the subs low. Many of us go out of our way to support our sponsors - easily done when its a pub!

We are also very lucky to have a lot of people who volunteer their time to help the club keep costs low and raise money. :o)