Cornwall Football Forum

St.Blazey v Falmouth Town

Just looking at the record Dave

1971-72 St.Blazey 1 Falmouth Town 6

Full Time 1-8

Falmouth's first Peninsula victory at Blaise Park. and their biggest League/Cup at St Blazey (73games)

St.Blazey's Heaviest ever Peninsula defeat and Falmouth's biggest.

Falmouth's last 6 matches

5-0, 5-3, 7-3, 5-3, 6-2, 8-1, for 36 against 12 =48 goals (8 goals per game)

previously this season they have recorded two goal less (0-0) draws

What a complete shambles.

Were neck high in the smelly brown stuff now!!!!!

Cant see where the goals will come from let alone the points we need.

Answers on a postcard please.........................................................

Not looking forward to Saturday.

Only Parkway mind so lets keep it below 10 at least!! :angry2:

Mike........kept an eye out for you tonight. I see you didnt make the trip. Good following for Falmouth tonight. Best in a long time. Falmouth were far to good. Your number 11 on the right wing tore our defence apart. Not sure who got the 4th but it was a cracking strike. Best of the bunch.

Hope your keeping well. :thumbsup:

Falmouth were superb and played some good football, the great strike was Green but he could have scored more but swandered two easier chances... felt sorry for Blazey they kept going and at 2-1 at ht the next goal could have changed the match... they gave the ball away too much and had very little threat up front ! Saw then early in the season and they looked better than this.

Best player for Blazey the goalie who saved a pen and made a few more good saves....

Falmouth are starting to gel and Hicks is a good signing and with Hodges finding his feet falmouth are going up the league.

Lets see what they are like against Buckland and Bodmin over the next few games ?

Definitely not a freak result Town were excellent and if it wasnt for some good work from the Blazey keeper in the first half double figures were definitely on the cards I've been to many Blazey/Town games over the years but never have i seen Blaise Park so empty,I wish them well and hope they can turn it around as its always a pleasure to go there,.....Up The Town

Mike........kept an eye out for you tonight. I see you didnt make the trip. Good following for Falmouth tonight. Best in a long time. Falmouth were far to good. Your number 11 on the right wing tore our defence apart. Not sure who got the 4th but it was a cracking strike. Best of the bunch.

Hi Paul, I nearly made it but was put off by night driving (Cataract and all that)-I did have a good drve up to Witheridge a few weeks back.

Sorry to see a big club like Blazey languishing in the Zone and like Porker said we hope you can grind out points to survive.

Its one of our attractive fixtures of the season - FT v St.B,some great history there.

It woulld be unthinkable if you drop to Div.1 W

I would guess the No. 11 was Dan Magee a new signing from Penzance

Definitely not a freak result Town were excellent and if it wasnt for some good work from the Blazey keeper in the first half double figures were definitely on the cards I've been to many Blazey/Town games over the years but never have i seen Blaise Park so empty,I wish them well and hope they can turn it around as its always a pleasure to go there,.....Up The Town

I've not got the figures to hand, but I think you'll find there was only 60 something people watching this fixture last season, so yesterday was more or less double that.

I counted 130 and was surprised to see so many turn out for a top v bottom fixture.

I've not got the figures to hand, but I think you'll find there was only 60 something people watching this fixture last season, so yesterday was more or less double that.

I counted 130 and was surprised to see so many turn out for a top v bottom fixture.

Dan you are correct-

Previous Peninsula gates at Blaise Park for this fixture

2010-11 62

2009-10 108

2008-09 93

2007-08 184

I thought the 121 (top v bottom) v Dartmouth last Saturday was fair considering Truro were at Home and I know there are are a good number of floating supporters who visit both Falmouth and Truro.

You can see the reason for Parkway and Friday night football as not to clash with Argyle

Hi Paul, I nearly made it but was put off by night driving (Cataract and all that)-I did have a good drve up to Witheridge a few weeks back.

Sorry to see a big club like Blazey languishing in the Zone and like Porker said we hope you can grind out points to survive.

Its one of our attractive fixtures of the season - FT v St.B,some great history there.

It woulld be unthinkable if you drop to Div.1 W

I would guess the No. 11 was Dan Magee a new signing from Penzance

Not good times at all Mike. Personally I cant see St Blazey staying up. Not a chance with the team that played last night. Falmouth didnt have to play well to win last night. It was just far to easy. No pressure on the ball, wayward passing and the defence opened up far to easily last night. Our goalkeeper prevented double figures. Good goalkeeper.

Were a club on the football side in a mess and in no way is it Bobby Oatens fault.

Directions to Mousehole please...................

For me its not about money. Money dosnt guarentee anything in football.

Having to start with nothing so late in pre season hasnt helped one bit. We need a major changes.

Weve been unlucky to loose two of our best players as theyve gone to university.

Just got to keep going i supose.

Unfortunately Paul, it is all about money when you are trying to attract decent standard players to the club. Over the years we have not cultivated any player loyalty and it now takes money.

A succession of Managers have failed to establish the essential grassroots of youth and that is probably the future but relegation would be tragic in the meantime.

Must emphasise these are my own views and I do not have authority to speak on behalf of St Blazey F.C.

Very true. As a club we lack the youth side. You have all those pitches down the road next to the running track. St Blazey in an ideal world would be part of that and see the young players looking to progress to the second and first teams and play on the main pitch in St Blazey. So much potential as a club with the facilities we already have.

For me its not about money. Money dosnt guarentee anything in football.

Having to start with nothing so late in pre season hasnt helped one bit. We need a major changes.

Weve been unlucky to loose two of our best players as theyve gone to university.

Just got to keep going i supose.

Sorry Paul, but Sir Bobby and the management team wouldve known they would be leaving soon after the start of the season for Uni. No bad luck there.

prove me wrong then Money Man.

If St Blazey's budget is near to St Austell's then they're obviously doing something wrong. I've no idea what the St Austell budget, but to get a player of Tom Smith's calibre to Poltair, he must be getting more than £40 a game, or is it an individual sponsor?

St Austells budget is based on revenue from Attendances, sponsorship, Tea hut, programme sales, raffle and of course a well run clubhouse.

Any club depending on an individual sponsor to bankrole the team or an individual player is destined not to survive a long period of time at the top.

MM

The budget is based on a guide from the previous season income. However ultimatley it depends on what we predict the current financial situations is dictating.

St Austell have been down the road before of paying more than whats coming in and they certainly dont want to go down that road again.

Just looking at the record Dave

1971-72 St.Blazey 1 Falmouth Town 6

Full Time 1-8

Falmouth's first Peninsula victory at Blaise Park. and their biggest League/Cup at St Blazey (73games)

St.Blazey's Heaviest ever Peninsula defeat and Falmouth's biggest.

Falmouth's last 6 matches

5-0, 5-3, 7-3, 5-3, 6-2, 8-1, for 36 against 12 =48 goals (8 goals per game)

previously this season they have recorded two goal less (0-0) draws

CORRECTION for Dave Deacon

Number 11 for Falmouth was Dan Magee, who has really found his feet at Falmouth after signing from Penzance.

I only tend to watch Falmouth at mid week games so can't comment on what's go on the last few weeks but Falmouth look like they've really bonded and were playing some super football, keeping it well and working it wide to be crossed in for Hodges