Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

well...in contrast to what swrock has said..i was quite impressed with penryn...as for jason roberts...i rate him...and lets face it...just about every striker in amateur footy has a goal to shot ratio in that bracket...else we would be seeing them on sky sports 3d! just my oppinion..not taking sides before i get slated too lol

So are you saying Ash is going Penryn too Crystal?

I've not heard anything about Ashley leaving, I'm talking about Wade Brown.

So no one from Pendeen talked to Aaaashley before he joined from Penryn last season!? It happens, EVERY club, EVERY manager(or someone on behalf of) has talked "illegally" to a player. Just make sure you stick to receiving a 7 day approach and there is not a lot more you can do

I think you'll find I put in a 7 days for Ashley and there was not one already in place preventing us from speaking to anyone from Penryn, after all that is the main purpose of a 7 days notice so you cannot go to the same club for 28 days for another player. And every club does NOT do it, I can guarantee you that.

well sed gillo it happens to all clubs. If 7 days goes in for a player and they want to leave ur club why not wave the 7 days it only gonna burn bridges wiv players not allowing them to play

It's not about the player, it's about protecting your club, as I previously said if you put a 7 days in at a club, you cannot do it again for another 28 days, as I said it's nothing personal with the player.

So no-one from the club, manager or on behalf of the manager, spoke to Ashley in anyway shape or form to see if he would be interested in joining Pendeen before the 7 day notice of approach was fulfilled? *cough*bollocks*cough*

So are you saying Ash is going Penryn too Crystal?

I've not heard anything about Ashley leaving, I'm talking about Wade Brown.

So no one from Pendeen talked to Aaaashley before he joined from Penryn last season!? It happens, EVERY club, EVERY manager(or someone on behalf of) has talked "illegally" to a player. Just make sure you stick to receiving a 7 day approach and there is not a lot more you can do

I think you'll find I put in a 7 days for Ashley and there was not one already in place preventing us from speaking to anyone from Penryn, after all that is the main purpose of a 7 days notice so you cannot go to the same club for 28 days for another player. And every club does NOT do it, I can guarantee you that.

well sed gillo it happens to all clubs. If 7 days goes in for a player and they want to leave ur club why not wave the 7 days it only gonna burn bridges wiv players not allowing them to play

It's not about the player, it's about protecting your club, as I previously said if you put a 7 days in at a club, you cannot do it again for another 28 days, as I said it's nothing personal with the player.

So no-one from the club, manager or on behalf of the manager, spoke to Ashley in anyway shape or form to see if he would be interested in joining Pendeen before the 7 day notice of approach was fulfilled? *cough*bollocks*cough*

Your missing the point, when Ashley was spoken to, there wasn't a 7 days already in effect! which there is now at Penryn, stopping them from talking to our players, I believe the 28 days runs out today, thats the point i'm trying to say.

What Gillo is saying, is that is no doubt contact would have been made with a player before 7 days has been put in, otherwise there's no point in putting in the 7 days, else its a waste. As soon as 7 days comes in for a player, its generally 99% sure that the player will leave.

I also understand what you're saying is that Penryn have basically made (or should have made) two seven day approaches for your players in the 28 days, but when in fact they are only allowed to do one? is that correct.

What Gillo is saying, is that is no doubt contact would have been made with a player before 7 days has been put in, otherwise there's no point in putting in the 7 days, else its a waste. As soon as 7 days comes in for a player, its generally 99% sure that the player will leave.

I also understand what you're saying is that Penryn have basically made (or should have made) two seven day approaches for your players in the 28 days, but when in fact they are only allowed to do one? is that correct.

This is correct, my argument isn't about speaking to a player without a 7 days as I would be the first to agree that every club does it, it's about speaking to someone from a club when there is a 7 days in place, rules are rules at the end of the, I asked for a 7 days for a reason and protocol should be followed.

In that case, then yeah, you're right. Report them. However, going through previous knowledge I have through St Agnes, you have no hope, a SWL club put in 7 days for a couple of St Agnes players last year, we complained and basically nothing happened. Or they might have been fined £50, can't remember exactly.