Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with the details

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 8th October

Hayle Reserves (Danny Ford 3) 3-2 Porthleven Reserves (Matt Dawson, Gavin Perraton)

Att - 35

Holman SC 0-2 St Ives Town (Martin Byfield 2)

Att - 20

Newquay Reserves (Cameron Bidgood 2, Jack Evans, Jodie Dean) 4-0 Perranwell

Att - 30

Pendeen Rovers (Tristan Arthur, Jack Ramsey, Josh Mooney, Duncan Clemens) 4-0 Penzance Reserves

Att - 33

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts 2, Tom Annear) 3-1 Mullion (Alex Sharkey)

Att - 50

RNAS Culdrose 0-5 Falmouth Town Reserves (Darren Friend, Ben Ambrose, Steve Brewer, Mike Newbury, Adam Prior)

Att - 25

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 13 8 4 1 34 14 20 28

2 ST IVES TOWN 10 7 1 2 24 9 15 22

3 ST AGNES 9 6 3 0 18 9 9 21

4 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 10 6 2 2 35 14 21 20

5 HAYLE RESERVES 12 5 2 5 23 24 -1 17

6 ILLOGAN RBL 9 4 4 1 15 10 5 16

7 RNAS CULDROSE 10 4 3 3 25 26 -1 15

8 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 9 4 2 3 28 15 13 14

9 PENDEEN ROVERS 8 4 2 2 21 11 10 14

10 WENDRON UNITED 9 4 2 3 16 16 0 14

11 NEWQUAY RESERVES 10 3 4 3 19 20 -1 13

12 ST JUST 8 3 2 3 20 15 5 11

13 PERRANWELL 9 3 2 4 24 20 4 11

14 TROON 9 3 2 4 16 19 -3 11

15 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 13 3 2 8 21 40 -19 11

16 ST DAY 9 2 3 4 13 19 -6 9

17 HOLMAN SC 10 1 3 6 13 31 -18 6

18 MULLION 9 1 2 6 17 30 -13 5

19 PENZANCE RESERVES 12 0 1 11 9 49 -40 1

Perranwell bossed the first half and missed several chances , conceded just before half time with the keeper glued to the floor!!

Newquay got the 2nd when a left foot strike outside the box , the boys prob had more chances

but it's goals that win games!! :mellow:

disagree with kempy, 1st half was pretty even but newquay bossed the second half, (hence the 4-0 scoreline)

Newquay goalscorers where Cam Bidgood x2, Jack Evans and Jodie Dean

i think we had enough clear cut chances to score in the first half and probably edged it in the 1st half...but then conceeding just before the break was a turning point. and yes from then on after you dominated the game. :( :c:

Holman 0-2 st Ives

Att 20

Tight game at blaythorne where a spirited performance from the home side frustrated the visitors up until the 70th min when two goals in 5min gave st Ives the 3 points

Holmans had their chances with the best falling to Scott Thomas in the 1st half who saw his shot sail just over the bar. Good performances from Aaron Meridith and Tarik Kalkan on both wings were causing the st ives defence problems and Danny jewell deputising for absent skipper Jason blight in the heart of the midfield alongside "veteran" Simon lavis performed well. St Ives proved a threat going forward and holmans keeper ben Minns was called on to pull off some truly top class reaction saves

St Ives 2 goals in the 70th & 75th min gave them the points but a goalmouth scramble in the st ives area in the 80th min should have seen the home side get witin a goal of st ives. Full time 0-2

holmans were happier to give a better account of themselves following the 7-1 mauling at the saltings in early September.

Just like to say a big thankyou to Camborne council for awarding us a £750 grant towards new goalposts at blaythorne. We are just shy of the total cost required so the holmans 1st team and reserves will be embarking on a sponsored bike ride from lands end to Camborne on the 29th October. If you see us out give us a wave.....or even better chuck us a couple of quid :)

Holman 0-2 st Ives

Att 20

Tight game at blaythorne where a spirited performance from the home side frustrated the visitors up until the 70th min when two goals in 5min gave st Ives the 3 points

Holmans had their chances with the best falling to Scott Thomas in the 1st half who saw his shot sail just over the bar. Good performances from Aaron Meridith and Tarik Kalkan on both wings were causing the st ives defence problems and Danny jewell deputising for absent skipper Jason blight in the heart of the midfield alongside "veteran" Simon lavis performed well. St Ives proved a threat going forward and holmans keeper ben Minns was called on to pull off some truly top class reaction saves

St Ives 2 goals in the 70th & 75th min gave them the points but a goalmouth scramble in the st ives area in the 80th min should have seen the home side get witin a goal of st ives. Full time 0-2

holmans were happier to give a better account of themselves following the 7-1 mauling at the saltings in early September.

Just like to say a big thankyou to Camborne council for awarding us a £750 grant towards new goalposts at blaythorne. We are just shy of the total cost required so the holmans 1st team and reserves will be embarking on a sponsored bike ride from lands end to Camborne on the 29th October. If you see us out give us a wave.....or even better chuck us a couple of quid :)

Have you tried for an FA grant under their Replacement Goalpost Scheme? Details on the CornwallFA website,we got 50% towards ours

disagree with kempy, 1st half was pretty even but newquay bossed the second half, (hence the 4-0 scoreline)

i think we had enough clear cut chances to score in the first half and probably edged it in the 1st half...but then conceeding just before the break was a turning point. and yes from then on after you dominated the game. :(:c:

What's happening at Perranwell? Not the best of starts. :unsure:

From what I seen of penryn yesterday I doubt very much that they have any chance of winning the combo league. If they do then it just goes to show how bad the standard in the combo actually is!! Also seen Jake yday and he isn't happy about the Luke wort show at town. Not sure if he will go penryn or just stop playing completely. Illogan or Fal town for the league in my opinion

i think we had enough clear cut chances to score in the first half and probably edged it in the 1st half...but then conceeding just before the break was a turning point. and yes from then on after you dominated the game. :(:c:

Mass exodus end of last season!! but the boys did battle well yesterday...... and i like the Dave Deacon's column in this Sunday's independent

i have to agree with what Bryn and Kimmo said!!!! Loyalty...... or am i getting old? :(

Door open......lol. And yes Newquay were better in the second half!!! but.... :c:

Mass exodus end of last season!! but the boys did battle well yesterday...... and i like the Dave Deacon's column in this Sunday's independent

i have to agree with what Bryn and Kimmo said!!!! Loyalty...... or am i getting old? :(

Door open......lol. And yes Newquay were better in the second half!!! but.... :c:

Jungle drums in Camborne hinting Dom Pullen may be heading to Illogan now as well. :huh:

Couldn't agree more about the player loyalty thing Dave clubs can cope with a couple leaving but a mass exodus can have a devastating result not just for the team that the players have left but the reserves as well due to the first team calling on their squad which leaves the club stalwarts having to sort the mess out thats been left behind. I'm sure though that Fish will get some players in to bolster his squad he's not been doing the job this long without knowing a few tricks

To be fair to some of your players that have left (i:e Frazer Kevin & Shane) they have left to compete for a side in a higher league and that should be encouraged. Unfortunatley its when players leave for a club that compete in the same league is where it gets annoying.....What is baffling though is the fact that Perranwell didnt exactly have a bad season last year!!!!! (League Cup Winners & 2nd in the league!!!!!) Not much hope for the rest of us!

Think what the reserve sides have to suffer due to first team call ups. You moan when you have a mass exedus, well reserve sides have that almost weekly. From last Tuesday to Saturday Penzance had 6 players out.

It's not an excuse for Pendeen beating us yesterday but imagine you've sorted out your team then you get a phone call saying that the first team need X number of players. Frustrating especially if you hear they sat on the bench for the whole game.

Think what the reserve sides have to suffer due to first team call ups. You moan when you have a mass exedus, well reserve sides have that almost weekly. From last Tuesday to Saturday Penzance had 6 players out.

It's not an excuse for Pendeen beating us yesterday but imagine you've sorted out your team then you get a phone call saying that the first team need X number of players. Frustrating especially if you hear they sat on the bench for the whole game.

You told me 2 of them scored!!!!

1st Teams are handy when reserve sides have evening games though Paul!!! :)

Just a blip. :(:c:

and dommo may just be injured.. lets not assume yet!!

from a very good source dominic pullen signed for illogan. question tho why was paul caddy with dommo out at the illogan game insted of being with peranwell. is paul caddy heading over to illogan

If Dom is "going" to Illogan I would think a 7 days notice of approach and transfer form will have to be signed first before he can play!!!

From what I seen of penryn yesterday I doubt very much that they have any chance of winning the combo league. If they do then it just goes to show how bad the standard in the combo actually is!! Also seen Jake yday and he isn't happy about the Luke wort show at town. Not sure if he will go penryn or just stop playing completely. Illogan or Fal town for the league in my opinion

I'd rather watch a Luke Wort show than a Jake Harvey show ! No comparison in my eyes !

knowing luke well i'm sure he would love to give you a private show druth1966 ;)....and by the sounds of it you would

happily accept :)

i did not want to come on here but my good friend of many years matt aka(wells widerbeast or krang) has blown me out the water with that nuke and has set the dogs on me :)....CHEERS MATE i..oh yeh can my mrs have her wooden spoon back...?.....Watch out for that claymore..! ;)

forgive me for the Kuran but......

I havent got problem with Luke nor have i at all as it is only football and not important enough to fall out about ..and i think "no more nails"....,,I MEAN (LUKE)...is potentially one of the best players around

just playing about the nickname m8..........then again i should be happy im playing any game ;)..?.......... he wont mind me saying that :P

It wasnt a fall out or personal it was just a difference of opinion which ended in me not going to the game

Me not turning up wasnt fair on my team but was just making a point

I have not got a problem with paul as a bloke or manager infact quite the opposite,i also understand and dont mind not playing or being dropped as long as the circumstances are fair

Would never of come on here and said anything but good old matt forced my hand :)

I will stick my neck even further out and say i think Fal Town have the best individual players and on paper should be favourites

But who wins the league is not always the team with the best individuals

P.S sorry to bother you druth1966 but I have some backstage tickets to the V.I.P suite with Mr Wort ...just thought id drop you a line..

:P

hahahahahahahah

knowing luke well i'm sure he would love to give you a private show druth1966 ;)....and by the sounds of it you would

happily accept :)

i did not want to come on here but my good friend of many years matt aka(wells widerbeast or krang) has blown me out the water with that nuke and has set the dogs on me :)....CHEERS MATE i..oh yeh can my mrs have her wooden spoon back...?.....Watch out for that claymore..! ;)

forgive me for the Kuran but......

I havent got problem with Luke nor have i at all as it is only football and not important enough to fall out about ..and i think "no more nails"....,,I MEAN (LUKE)...is potentially one of the best players around

just playing about the nickname m8..........then again i should be happy im playing any game ;)..?.......... he wont mind me saying that :P

It wasnt a fall out or personal it was just a difference of opinion which ended in me not going to the game

Me not turning up wasnt fair on my team but was just making a point

I have not got a problem with paul as a bloke or manager infact quite the opposite,i also understand and dont mind not playing or being dropped as long as the circumstances are fair

Would never of come on here and said anything but good old matt forced my hand :)

I will stick my neck even further out and say i think Fal Town have the best individual players and on paper should be favourites

But who wins the league is not always the team with the best individuals

P.S sorry to bother you druth1966 but I have some backstage tickets to the V.I.P suite with Mr Wort ...just thought id drop you a line..

:P

hahahahahahahah

I would happily accept a show from Mr Wort and the VIP tickets would be great too. I can be contacted by PM if you want to send the tickets out ;)

If jake leaves Falmouth Town he would be a fool nice post he put above, but he has,nt had the best start to the season he plays well but unfortunately a little shy on the goal front i believe, but he is an excellent goal scorer and all forwards have lean patches he will be back to his best soon, as for going to Penryn Jake would,nt go there after being on so many times in the past!!!!!

Sorry Jake,didn't mean to drop u in it mate,only went on to say how bad I thought penryn were,seen that some1 had wrote about u going penryn so thought I'd say something lol.I also agree that Luke wort is a very good player and a top bloke indeed,no secret that he likes the ball all to his self tho! Lol plus I wouldnt describe Jake as an out and out striker,he is a link man,awesome with his back to goal bringing players into play.an out and out striker is a Dom pullen

haha fair one druth :)

Also good work from the wilderbeast...although you wouldnt be much use in a war........the interrogation squad could break you with a milkybar and a go on a dumbbell..........:P.........failing that they would just whip out a quick protein shake! haha

And deadcert i like the honesty,im fine with the penryn lads now as that was a long time ago but that doesnt mean i was going anywhere

from a very good source dominic pullen signed for illogan. question tho why was paul caddy with dommo out at the illogan game insted of being with peranwell. is paul caddy heading over to illogan

If Dom is "going" to Illogan I would think a 7 days notice of approach and transfer form will have to be signed first before he can play!!!

With the way things are going this season I would recommend all clubs insist on having 7 days notice,

once you waive one they expect you to wave them all! I would also argue there are some clubs who think they are above rules and regulations anyway and believe it perfectly acceptable to speak to one of our players whilst there is a 7 days in effect for their club, in fact having the cheek to phone up asking if we'll wave a further 7 days for a different player at the same club, which obviously means they have been speaking to our players withing the time on the 7 days. Are 7 days worth the paper they are written on? or does this club think they are invisible and can get away with it? I'm half tempted to report them to the C.C.F.A actually.

So no one from Pendeen talked to Aaaashley before he joined from Penryn last season!? It happens, EVERY club, EVERY manager(or someone on behalf of) has talked "illegally" to a player. Just make sure you stick to receiving a 7 day approach and there is not a lot more you can do

So are you saying Ash is going Penryn too Crystal?

I've not heard anything about Ashley leaving, I'm talking about Wade Brown.

So no one from Pendeen talked to Aaaashley before he joined from Penryn last season!? It happens, EVERY club, EVERY manager(or someone on behalf of) has talked "illegally" to a player. Just make sure you stick to receiving a 7 day approach and there is not a lot more you can do

I think you'll find I put in a 7 days for Ashley and there was not one already in place preventing us from speaking to anyone from Penryn, after all that is the main purpose of a 7 days notice so you cannot go to the same club for 28 days for another player. And every club does NOT do it, I can guarantee you that.

well sed gillo it happens to all clubs. If 7 days goes in for a player and they want to leave ur club why not wave the 7 days it only gonna burn bridges wiv players not allowing them to play

It's not about the player, it's about protecting your club, as I previously said if you put a 7 days in at a club, you cannot do it again for another 28 days, as I said it's nothing personal with the player.