Cornwall Football Forum

Old south western league programmes

I got a few programmes from Truro City and Newquay for games against the Pro Clubs, the Majority with Autographs in

Truro v Man United x 3 (1 with signatures) 10/08/87

Truro v Brentford 27/07/87

Luton v Torquay (Signatures) 10/08/88

Truro v QPR (signatures) 25/01/88

Truro v Plymouth (signatures) 05/08/87

Truro v Man City (signatures) 16/10/88

Studio Ten Challenge Trophy 1991 (Ray Clemence signature)

Newquay v West Brom (to open floodlights) (signatures)

Might stick a few on ebay

If you want to give them away, Contact John Richards at Penzance who keeps an archive of programmes not just about Pz but any team.

He lent me some folders of stuff and one of them had letters from Plymouth Argyle from 1899 transferring the registration of players from Pz to Plymouth when Argyle were a Western League team!

Old Senior Cup Final programmes from the 1900-10's etc. Programmes from other clubs, etc.

He's got loads of stuff. It is the archive for Cornish football.

Give me a shout and I wil get his to contact you.

Never ever throw these programmes out as they are not only sport history but local history if you think about the adverts in them, etc.

No plans to get rid but have offered to help finish someones collection, I have just gone though all my programs was like a trip down memory lane I have been to some weird and wonderful places/games in my 26 years!! Montrose, Barnsley, Wembley, Pendeen, FA Cup Finals, Winning the Barker Bowl!! I love football

Give me a day or so I wll dig out the match details -it was 1-3 Att.3000+

I can still see "Sabu" greeting every member of the Aston Villa club off their team bus.

I also bumped into Dwight Yorke (from Trinidad & Tobago) at the ground entrance and for some reason I said to him "I suppose you are also pretty handy with a cricket bat ?"-he respnded with a wide toothy grin so I dont know really.

Unfortunately "Big Ron" Atkinson was on his way home from Los Angeles commentating on the World Cup final

and the Republic of Ireland Internationals Andy Townsend-Steve Staunton-Ray Houghton

Can anyone name the teams from the fal town v aston villa friendly in july 1994?

Tuesday 19th.July 1994

PSF Falmouth Town 1 Aston Villa 3 ht 0-2 Attendance 4895

FT-Dave Philp-David Ball-Andy Parr-Adrian Street-Nigel Rowe-Dave Sweet-Andy Street-Mark Rapsey-Justin Ashburn-Mark Rowe(Capt)-AndyWaddell-subs Ian Gosling-Graham Heard-Sean Hooper

Manager Ray Nicholls

AV-*Nigel Spink /+Michael Oakes-D Evans-C.Boden-+ Bryan Small-+ Ugo Ehiogu-*Kevin Richarson-*Dwight Yorke-Dalian Atkinson-Gary Parker-Guy Whittingham-David Farrell-Subs too many but not Dean Saunders

Manager Jim Baron (asst)

* International + Under 21 International

Scorers- Waddell 62m--Atkinson 10m-Parker 33m-Farrell

Referee Bruce Taylor Assisted by Steve Lawrence/Stuart Lawry

The 34 strong Villa party were training at HMS Raleigh Torpoint and the following Saturday won 9-1 v Torpoint Athletic at The Mill

Remember that game well Mike. Is it really 17 years ago!!! Blimey,im feeling oid! The most vivid memory is Bryan Small pulling out of a 50/50 tackle with Sweeter! They were both youngsters then! Ugo Ehiogu said to him if you do that again,i,ll be over to do you myself!!! Big old beast he was!! Remember us having a good 15 minute spell after Wadds scored, and Dwight Yorke burning Parrie off about 3 times in a row first 10 minutes! Never saw anyone do that to him before and aint since! Got a couple copies of that programme in the loft if you or Deacs want one for the archives mate? :c:

• 9 months later...

Can anyone name the teams from the fal town v aston villa friendly in july 1994?

Tuesday 19th.July 1994

PSF Falmouth Town 1 Aston Villa 3 ht 0-2

FT-Dave Philp-David Ball-Andy Parr-Adrian Street-Nigel Rowe-Dave Sweet-Andy Street-Mark Rapsey-Justin Ashburn-Mark Rowe(Capt)-AndyWaddell-subs Ian Gosling-Graham Heard-Sean Hooper

Manager Ray Nicholls

AV-*Nigel Spink /+Michael Oakes-D Evans-C.Boden-+ Bryan Small-+ Ugo Ehiogu-*Kevin Richarson-*Dwight Yorke-Dalian Atkinson-Gary Parker-Guy Whittingham-David Farrell-Subs too many but not Dean Saunders

Manager Jim Baron (asst)

* International + Under 21 International

Scorers- Waddell 62m--Atkinson 10m-Parker 33m-Farrell

Referee Bruce Taylor Assisted by Steve Lawrence/Stuart Lawry

The 34 strong Villa party were training at HMS Raleigh Torpoint and the following Saturday won 9-1 v Torpoint Athletic at The Mill

Info for "Rappo"

I also bumped into Dwight Yorke (from Trinidad & Tobago) at the ground entrance and for some reason I said to him "I suppose you are also pretty handy with a cricket bat ?"-he respnded with a wide toothy grin so I dont know really.

I wonder if he knew that Trinidad & Tobago once played an 'international' match at Falmouth Mike? ;)

I think your message box may be full Mike, tried to message you but got a failure notice.