Cornwall Football Forum

Heaney???????????????

Almost posted last night that this was inevitable or rather administration would be despite one or two such as Dave Deacon and Mountaineer appearing to have faith in our friend Mr Heaney. It has been apparent to so many for months now that he basically can't have a pot to pee in. CCJ's all over the place, players not paid, about 40 companies registered in his name, mainly with nominee directors in dodgy offshore havens such as Gibraltar. Despite all the bullshine and promises most Argyle fans following his Walter Mittyesque attempted takeover closely were certain he had no money to complete for many months. So no real surprise. So sad for TCFC, for the players, fans and staff. No doubt there will be the usual denials, bluster and so on but I fear you will have to accept it will be a swift drop down the leagues again. Real feel for you all after seeing my club almost destroyed and I am sure most Argyle fans will also have the utmost sympathy for what lies ahead for you.

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/story-13380569-detail/story.html

This is very similar to the stories we were given last December when Argyle were first threatened with a winding-up order by HMRC.

"it's just a technicality" or "it'll be sorted out shortly" eventually became administration and the mess we're in now.

I really do hope that this does not happen to Truro.

No doubt there will be the usual denials, bluster and so on but I fear you will have to accept it will be a swift drop down the leagues again. Real feel for you all after seeing my club almost destroyed and I am sure most Argyle fans will also have the utmost sympathy for what lies ahead for you.

Spot on jes, the club appear to be blaming the tax man. Answer is simpler, pay what's owed - end of story. As far as the future of Truro is concerned, being a Falmouthian, I have no love for Truro but would not want to see them go down the pan or tumble down through the leagues. It does make you wonbder whether it was part of Mr Heaney's plan to buy Argyle and then let Truro go to the dogs. Jes's post sums things up well for me but, as far as Argyle is concerned, how on earth did the administrator consider Mr Heaney (BIL) as the preferred bidder - presumably he should have done his homework more thoroughly.

Not too sure I've ever said I had faith in Kevin, but give the guy his due, somehow he has helped Truro achieve what they have in the recent years and so you can't knock him for that.

He's made a few blunders along the way - the biggest in my opinion was the company that went under leaving a lot of local people and businesses unpaid. Cornish folk will never forgive him for that.

However - credit due where deserved - the team has obtained promotion through the players signed, and even if they haven't always been paid on time - somehow they continue to appear in a Truro shirt, and one has to assume Kevin has helped to ensure this.

His involvement in the Argyle saga has not helped - as much in the way he denied everything initially, rather than be upfront and declare his real reasons for the interest.

As for the tax man issue. It's a little concerning when blame is trying to be deflected! They've known about it for a few weeks as i was told this is why the League placed a transfer embargo on the club and meant no recent striker being added to the squad.

One things for sure, it's never dull at Treyew!

This is great news , You ask any Bodmin Falmouth ST Blazey Newquay or any fans of any other Cornish clubs we simply dont give a damn about little truro and its newfound followers, i have some sympathy for supporters of the club before the money turned up . But when they die they should not come into our league its got to be combo or lower , We all knew this would come to pass at some stage the followers cant be surprised

Edited by Dave Deacon
Unfounded suggestion

As you all know I've nothing against the club and supporters.

I wonder what the debt is. unpaid V.A.T. or Income Tax.

Most senior clubs locally have had a visit from the tax man in the last couple of years and have been hit with a bill.

We at Pz got hit and are paying it off at so much a month. It makes things tight but we are just keeping are heads above water.

Perhaps that is what Truro can agree with the tax people.

Unfortunately with gates of 500 giving Truro and income of at most £5,000 plus say another £1,500 from the bar, t-hut, etc and say an advertising income of at best £1,000, then the £7,500 is not enough to run a Conference side (remember no income from away matches).

2 or 3 players on full time contracts, management costs, general running costs, travelling costs, etc, makes you wonder how much money it takes to top up the Truro kitty each week to balance the books.

Any ideas anyone/

I think if it's got as far as a winding up order then the time to negotiate reasonable payment terms with HMRC may have passed - they've toughened up on these sort of matters in recent times.

This is great news , You ask any Bodmin Falmouth ST Blazey Newquay or any fans of any other Cornish clubs we simply dont give a damn about little truro and its newfound followers, i have some sympathy for supporters of the club before the crooks money turned up . But when they die they should not come into our league its got to be combo or lower , We all knew this would come to pass at some stage the followers cant be surprised

I must agree i have no sympathy towards Truro (no not jealousy i disliked them when they were poor as well) and with snooper i believe the ones who will get hurt the most is the "Red & Black" supporters who were there before this so called saviour turned up and hopefully will still be there after he's gone.On my part the biggest thing that got my back up was the "Cornwall" thing and the loyal supporters of other Cornish clubs who jumped on the bandwagon.

Its more of the tough stance that HMRC are taking towards football clubs with unpaid debts no matter how big or small, Truro City have said there is monies to pay the bill and that the matter will be sorted in due course.

Is there any evidence that the attendances at other Cornish clubs fell to coincide with Truro's climb up the pyramid? I would have thought many of their extra fans were people who didn't watch any level 6 or 7 stuff as being not good enough to spend money on, but thought the higher level games worth a look. I might be wrong. I suppose IF Truro reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup and drew a team of sufficient stature at home (not Man City or the like as they'd obviously switch grounds to reap the cash!) but say Brentford or someone like that, then some might opt to watch that rather than their local side in a level 6 or 7 league game. I know I would.

If Truro go down over this, then like it or not, all of Cornish football will become tarnished.

For the sake of Truro City...nobody else.

As far as the future of Truro is concerned, being a Falmouthian, I have no love for Truro but would not want to see them go down the pan or tumble down through the leagues.

As far as the future of Truro is concerned, being a Falmouthian, I have no love for Truro and would want to see them go down the pan and tumble down through the leagues. ;)

This is great news , You ask any Bodmin Falmouth ST Blazey Newquay or any fans of any other Cornish clubs we simply dont give a damn about little truro and its newfound followers, i have some sympathy for supporters of the club before the money turned up . But when they die they should not come into our league its got to be combo or lower , We all knew this would come to pass at some stage the followers cant be surprised

Falmouth just a town full of seamen!!

Falmouth just a town full of seamen!!

And their offsprings.

This weeks papers will be fish and chip wrappings next week.

TRURO CITY have been here before and defeated the Inland Revenue.

TRURO CITY are WINNERS and they will win this one because of the Inland Revenues incompetence.

Mr Heaney has seen Truro City right so far, there's no reason to doubt he will do so this time.

100% behind TRURO CITY.

Not too sure I've ever said I had faith in Kevin, but give the guy his due, somehow he has helped Truro achieve what they have in the recent years and so you can't knock him for that.

He's made a few blunders along the way - the biggest in my opinion was the company that went under leaving a lot of local people and businesses unpaid. Cornish folk will never forgive him for that.

Dave,

you have defended heaney far more than others,

how can you say & ;but give the guy his due &you can't knock him for that when we all know he has screwed over so many people with out a care in the world

how do you think all the people owed money feel each week when they know he is paying out for the players but can't be arsed to pay them?</

i am sure the truro faithful will be around long after he has gone and those that ran the club before who really care about it will be left to pick up the pieces.

strange tho, they have known about the bill for weeks so why ain't it been paid

come on stop defending heaney we all know what he has done and can all see him for what he really is.

you have defended heaney far more than others,

Probably have, but then that doesn't amount to many does it!

when we all know he has screwed over so many people with out a care in the world

how do you think all the people owed money feel each week when they know he is paying out for the players but can't be arsed to pay them?

I think I actually wrote that this was a big mistake, but also having said that, he's not the only one who's had a company go under and leave people not being paid.

i am sure the truro faithful will be around long after he has gone and those that ran the club before who really care about it will be left to pick up the pieces

Have to agree with you there. Let's face it, I think everyone has always said that the club will plummet as soon as he leaves. But the weird thing that football is, the club will pick itself up and survive - just on a far lower and smaller scale, like it was before he arrived on the scene. And those of us that have been connected with the club in the "bad" times as well as the "good" times will rally around.

strange tho, they have known about the bill for weeks so why ain't it been paid

Probably haven't got the ready cash I suppose. With the Winding up Order being served - they have to sort it or face the worst!

come on stop defending heaney we all know what he has done and can all see him for what he really is.

Sorry if it would appear that I'm defending him. However, he has given me the chance to follow Truro all over the country; including commentating at the new Wembley and mixing with the likes of a class of footballer and numerous managers that I never thought I would see playing or being involved witha Cornish club. There's a few memories I would never of had otherwise. :c:

The maths never really made any sense - you cannot survive on gates that Truro achieve. I saw Scarborough fall from the football league. Their gates were never many more than a few thousand. Operating costs are the main downfall for all clubs - mainly the high wages the players draw, as we all know.

I do believe that it is the beginning of the end for Truro, but like Dave Deacon says, they will throw the anchor out and settle back down to life probably playing in the Penisula league once again, and having proper local derbies again with Falmouth.

Still sad for them and Cornish football in General.

Have to say I find Mountaineers naeivity or maybe it's just blind faith truly astounding in the face of all the history and evidence. I fully understand where Deacs is coming from saying he has had the opportunity to experience so much with the rise of the club over the years, but it was never sustainable and was always an accident waiting to happen. Mountaineer, if you really think this will be sorted in a satisfactory manner then you really must be the world's biggest optimist.

This is about truro football club not heaneys past. Its what hes done for the club thats counts u hurt people you do things you got to do to hit your targets. truro have been a credit to cornish football and lets hope it can continue becuase not only is it good for truro but cornwall. The chance for more football people to be around the county , The people that come to truro to watch the teams on away games. it all helps us as a county. Heaney dont seem to have much respect here and i dont know the bloke but looking at what hes done for cornish football whats their to complain about?? This is a soccer forum not a slagging off match. Truro wouldnt be where they are now if it wasnt for him thats a fact. we should all behind truro now wanting them to get it sorted. by the looks of things if plymouth go bust we wont have a local team playing a good standard, Truro could be that team.

It would be nice to know how truro plan to get out of this and whats the price hmrc are talking about tho??

We all have opinions of Truro city and their money behind them , But as for football in cornwall suffering because of Truro citys possible demise it has no foundation, I dont think for clubs like Fal town Penzance St blazey Bodmin Saltash have shown any change in attendances , if you support a club in Cornwall then they are your club not Truro. Even with the success they have had over the last few years their attendances reached a peak and you have to say for the level they are playing they are not great gates they are getting now . And i think people are wise to whats behind the club and would rather not give the gate money to them .. Im a Falmouth Town supporter (life long) we have always had rivalry with Truro and would not dream of going to watch them because they represent TRURO not Cornwall , And people in Cornwall are not fooled by the club and Heaney trying to say they are representing cornwall because its not true .. As for TREYEW 1970 you must try a bit harder , At least you will be out shopping with your mummy again soon on saturdays!!

This is about truro football club not heaneys past. Its what hes done for the club thats counts u hurt people you do things you got to do to hit your targets. truro have been a credit to cornish football and lets hope it can continue becuase not only is it good for truro but cornwall. The chance for more football people to be around the county , The people that come to truro to watch the teams on away games. it all helps us as a county. Heaney dont seem to have much respect here and i dont know the bloke but looking at what hes done for cornish football whats their to complain about?? This is a soccer forum not a slagging off match. Truro wouldnt be where they are now if it wasnt for him thats a fact. we should all behind truro now wanting them to get it sorted. by the looks of things if plymouth go bust we wont have a local team playing a good standard, Truro could be that team.

It would be nice to know how truro plan to get out of this and whats the price hmrc are talking about tho??

hahahaha, are you serious??

Away teams come down and bring at the most 100 fans, maybe more for some teams, but not a huge influx, you'd get that on two buses from Camborne on a Saturday afternoon. Doing it for Cornwall is a load of shite and has never washed with the majority. Never ever had anything against the players that play for the club, I wish them well and the majority of supporters as well. But TCFC and its fans couldn't give a flying hoot about other clubs and people in Cornwall and I don't expect them too either.

I've heard the tax bill is in excess of £250,000

I don't think Cornwall or Cornish football would suffer if Mr Heaney was to leave his position within Truro City

We all have opinions of Truro city and their money behind them , But as for football in cornwall suffering because of Truro citys possible demise it has no foundation, I dont think for clubs like Fal town Penzance St blazey Bodmin Saltash have shown any change in attendances , if you support a club in Cornwall then they are your club not Truro. Even with the success they have had over the last few years their attendances reached a peak and you have to say for the level they are playing they are not great gates they are getting now . And i think people are wise to whats behind the club and would rather not give the gate money to them .. Im a Falmouth Town supporter (life long) we have always had rivalry with Truro and would not dream of going to watch them because they represent TRURO not Cornwall , And people in Cornwall are not fooled by the club and Heaney trying to say they are representing cornwall because its not true .. As for TREYEW 1970 you must try a bit harder , At least you will be out shopping with your mummy again soon on saturdays!!

Ha HA friggin hilarious COMN CITY

As an exile, this thread merely serves to reinforce everything that is wrong with football, as well as the wider social climate we live in. We are all aware that this Country has an inherrent delight in seeing things fail. The current situation at Truro City further emphasises this delight with a majority on here, and elsewhere, who have been forseeing and praying for the impending doom to embody Treyew Road. And how they are enjoying it.

On this messageboard it is epitomised by two fans who initially criticised the injection of cash into a team and the fact their success was merely 'purchased'. Ironaically, those two very clubs since have enjoyed some very generous financial backing over the past two seasons. Perhaps more amusingly, one of these fans continues to raise musings about Heaney's very questionable morals, despite his own being in no way tarnished by, ahem, allegedly being involved in a small fracas during a local football match.

This only underlines my total and utter dislike for the way football is heading. Whether it be 606, or talkSport's numerous incarnations, 'HATE' is a word banded about by supporters with reckless abandon. It is fashionable now not to admire, or even quietly respect, but to HATE other teams, and persons whom which may not quite tally with our own allegiances.

While some peoples blind exctiement at a possible dismise is freely expressed, some people guise their jealousy behind a citing of a dislike of a Chairman because of (tick as appropriate): poor morals, pretending to do it for Cornwall, lack of respect for local businesses, hair colour, etc etc.

I'm not sure how many people have investigated the cream of the Chairmanship crop throughout the top four divisions of English football. I don't think they are laden with people who have made themselves particularly popular. More to the point, many of them have accrued their far greater fortune by considerably less legal pusuits. None of these guys are likely pillars of a utopian moral society, and perhaps neither is Truro City's own incumbent. But who's problem is that? It would seem it's everyone's favourite problem...

Forgetting people's jealousy, and the general unknowing distain which has appeared to reach it's zenith right now, but what annoys me most about the desire for demise is the disregard for potential, for developing, for benefit. As someone who has grandkids in the County, am I entirely selfish in my desire for them to aspire to play in a league surpassing a stagnating Step 6 local league? Am I disgrace for enjoying a great sense of joy that my grandson phoned me to express his delight and enjoyment in seeing Truro City play in the Conference (South)? Or should I merely accept he would be far better off watching St Agnes? Do I want to see proper football when I come down to Cornwall, or should I be insular and accept the fare that we have always been fed? And woe betide me just dream, just a little bit, that one day a stadium that Truro have played a part in securing, will play host to my grandchildren.

For what it's worth, I can't help but enjoy the success Truro have achieved, and admire it. I respect what has been achieved on the field, as quite frankly I, like everyone else, know very little other than whispers of what happens off it. And even if that is completely and utterly morally corrupt, I am still going to want the team to succeed. I'm not aware I needed to support the Chairman as well. Lucky really, because I probably wouldn't.

I don't think anyone has every had any problems with the playing side and no one has said anything to the contrary!

but we all have our opinions on the club and mostly those opinions on Mr Heaney are the same as well. Unfortunately Cornwall is a small place therefore if you shit on one company, word gets around and thats it.

On this messageboard it is epitomised by two fans who initially criticised the injection of cash into a team and the fact their success was merely 'purchased'. Ironaically, those two very clubs since have enjoyed some very generous financial backing over the past two seasons. Perhaps more amusingly, one of these fans continues to raise musings about Heaney's very questionable morals, despite his own being in no way tarnished by, ahem, allegedly being involved in a small fracas during a local football match.

Not having your bills paid is not amusing.

Obviously I agree with you regarding the morals of the owner of City but would reiterate, not having your legitimate bills for works done go unpaid is in no way amusing. Obviously, I'm glad you accept my morals are of the highest order.

I'm not sure you can compare sponsorship of a football club to ownership.

Nice to see that HMRC are now acting in the Public Interest and making those who owe Tax pay their due.

On top of the absolute public relations disaster that has been the Plymouth Argyle bid comes a winding up order from the tax man, on the pitch Truro City are fantastic, the players are a terrific bunch both to watch and meet, there's been so much to admire but it seems like the management are forever finding ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

This article seems to be doing the rounds:

http://www.twohundre...nt.net/?p=15234

Ha HA friggin hilarious COMN CITY

This been going on for years the government are clamping down on un paid taxes clubs for years have paid players ie travelling bootmoney etc. they are simple saying its a wage we would like our tax out of it, The players simply pocket the money (non contract), with out declaring it , Its not a Truro City thing its a football thing and there are hundreds of clubs under investigation and already been fined, This wont go away and more clubs will follow,Football clubs have got away with this for years and are being brought to task for not keeping proper accounts, But this is the way football has been run for years, To the Truro city and Kevin Debate i personally think its amazing what both have achieved and long may it continue, I remember 8 years ago Joe Royal bringing Manchester City to play Newquay and Truro in the old South Western League times change and i dont understand why people jump on the band wagon to hit on Truro ,from a football point looking at Plymouth Exeter and Torquay we need a success story and Truro City have done the city of Truro and football in the South West proud, I hope they find their level and wish them all the very best from a footballing view, its a fact if Kevin was a Falmouth or Bodmin or Saltash supporter these supporters would have had some fantastic memories , This is a massive wake up call to every club in the south west if you pay money and dont keep proper accounts or declare it then sometime in the future expect that knock on the door ,Every club in time will be investigated ,For the sake of Cornish football lets hope not to many more clubs will find their self in this position The first clubs investigated were all central England and of a higher level the net is now being cast farther and wider so in time every club will be looked at and if moneys owed they will be brought into account , Lets hope in another 8 years we can look back and say we all took note and acted , i would hope the big clubs in Cornwall Bodmin Falmouth Liskeard Saltash St Blazey Newquay St AUSTELL and im sure i will upset someone by not mentioning them but its not personal , will all be playing and continue to entertain us , Mettz.

I totally agree with previous poster Snooper and when Tr*ro Ci*y are wound up you will not find a happier person than me. Shame that the rogue satellite didn't land in Treyew Road and make a serious improvement on the landscape.

He would have sold it for scrap. Or, charged NASA for parking.

Hey you nasty bunch of so called football supporters,dont go cheering and clapping just yet,because some of you are going to look a bit silly if he just goes and pays it up.

Most of the people who follow Truro City are not exactly proud of what we hear about the Chairman,or the way he runs our football club.But,we dont go there because we like or dislike the chairman of the club.We go to support there to watch and support the best local football team to have ever graced the field in this County's history.Just forget about Mr H snd his so called exploits,try and put your jealousy to one side,and give some credit to what the team have achieved on the pitch over the last 6 years.Bringing the F.A. Vase back to the County and getting a record 5 promotions in 6 seasons is an achievment in itself.

No one expects any of you to neglect your own local team to come and watch a better level of football,but just be man enough to admit that the team has been a credit to Cornish football.

I just cant believe the sad people who come on here and say,they would love it if Truro dropped down to where their team are playing,JEALOUSY ?

if he just goes and pays it up.

If that is the case, why has the club been allowed to get in this position?

Even the most hardened supporter of Truro City has to say the past six or so years, despite the success, has been a rollercoaster of emotions, bad and good, with along the way, publicity bloomers and relationships between personnel (within and around the club) stretched to the limits. Probably not necessary at times.

This latest situation is yet another one that surely could have been avoided?

Please drop the bloody Cornwall thing. Truro have done nothing for cornish football. Theyve done it for Truro City. Thats it.

When Heaney started sniffing around all those years ago he took Trevor, Hoops and St Blazey hasnt been the same since. So I cant stay Truros done a thing for St Blazey!!!

But....what the players have achieved is what id loved to have seen St Blazey achieve. No one can knock that. Superb for TRURO.

But the way you no who has conducted himself has made people turn against the whole Truro thing and ruined what should have been something very special but im afraid it will be looked back on as a mess that won promotion for a number years and possible come with a massive bump.

Only time will tell though.

For now, enjoy the moment and enjoy the new grounds. Great fun im sure.

Admittedly it would have been more interesting if TWO sugar daddies had adopted TWO Cornish clubs, to maintain a bit of good local rivalry. However, it could really have onlt been one club: the first club to approach Heaney. Newquay? Falmouth? St Austell? Wadebridge? Etc.? What is shameful is that there are so many mean-spirited people around who are so jealous of Truro's achievements that they'd like to see them plummet back down to their level. "I haven't got as nice a car/house/garden gnome as you so I hope you lose yours and can only afford one as crappy as mine"! Ye Gods! That is so dog-in-the manger! Cornwall has been put on the football map by the exploits of one of its clubs. That is a fact. I heard gossip in a Northern Conference clubhouse to the effect that Truro might gain promotion (they knew nothing of the ground's requirements) and that it would be a hell of an away trip! Five years ago few people in much of England knew anything of Cornish football. The supporters, players and coaches cannot help or be held responsible for the conduct of their Chairman. It was his money that got the team to the Conference - he has been paying the managers and coaches after all as well as the players and travel. It had to come to an end some time. That time appears to be this season.

You forget, the ONLY reason he was interested in Truro in the first instance, was the LAND at Treyew Road. He couldn't have done the same at other clubs for various reasons. He was in it to make MONEY not friends, he failed on both counts.

The REAL Truro City AFC fans will be welcomed back to local football when it goes tits up, the rest won't be anywhere to be seen.

Guest man city fan

he has done something for cornwall as in local cornish people dont have to travel miles and miles to watch a decent standard of

football . so he brought good football to cornwall. you dont have to be truro born and bred to support them or just watch them.