Cornwall Football Forum

PETER REID SACKED AT ARGYLE

Peter Reid SACKED AT ARGYLE,what a bloody joke,he could of walked away mnths ago,no wonder the club is in a state,whoever is running the club should take a look at themselves,embarrassing ,with what Reid has had to put up with,he can walk away with his head held high,a complete joke,what comes round goes round argyle

Agreed, he's a top bloke - and has been treated like shit. Argyle will get their Karma on this.

Peter Reid has done all he could at plymouth hes paid bills out of his own pocket and gone months without wages but in all honestly he had to go none of the signings recently have been any good .I cannot see where a win is goin to come from it does look like this could be the end for my team argyle ,who in there right mind would want to take over there with no money coming in, the only man i could see getting them out of trouble would be is Neil Warnock but sadly hes doin a good job at qpr.I havnt got a clue who would come all the way down here and take over a sinking club or should that be sunk club.

The chairman has said it's all about results, does he not realise ,that they have a squad of players that have not been paid,they r not going to give100 per cent,I don't blame them,I blame the powers at be,this has been coming for years,bad management from the top,blame the board,not the manager and not the players. Job done

That's the footy way to repay loyalty!

Joke club or what?

Ridsdale, you need a reality check! You're team is crap, you're results are crap, you're administration is crap, you're finances are crap and you discard the only real asset you have. A manager who cared - and that in itself is a joke - .

Yep, Mister Reid ( he deserves that respect ) has been unable to lift the club on the field but if it wasn't for him, the players would never have been on the field in the first place!

Argyle done, but not quite -soon to be - dusted! Should that be dust?

Ridsdale has obviously got someone coming in.Think its disgusting that Reid has been sacked,but maybe a change of manager may lift the players.Don't know whos going to come with no wages available,but Paul Harts name has been suggested.Certainly need someone in quickly or Argyle are going to be in the crap non league bracket with Truro City.

Who the hell does Risdale think he's going to get as Manager now? Just imagine the advert in the Herald, Wanted manager to run soccer team. salary none, 20 staff to organise only 2 of which are up to the task, may need to pay the gas bill from your own pocket,previous applicants may apply we'll take anyone. Closing date for application, 13 august 2014 we never rush at this club.

Substitute Ridsdale for 'The Riddler' much more appropriate.Mr Reid even sold his own FA cup final medal for the cause.What has/is the Riddler prepared to give up ? Nothing I expect ! I know that 'on the pitch' results are important,but at this moment in time it is not the most important thing,I suspect that the true Argyle fans would at this moment in time swap the conference for a guarantee of the club's long term future.

Lucky Thirteen you're mostly correct but Reidy has kept the club afloat on his own. if he had walked away the club would have folded anyway. Give the bloke the respect he deserves mate. Give the club to the bloke totally. he at least cared about it, though I;'m not sure why.

Had the pleasure of working with Peter Reid (and Adam Sadler his no.2) earlier this year, top blokes working under extremely difficult decisions, with the proper support Reidy will no doubt go onto greater success, unfortunately Argyles loss (albeit totally undeserved) will be somebody elses gain, pro football..it's a funny old game !!! :wacko:

Some years ago I helped organise a mini soccer tournament for all the Arglye centres in Cornwall where the county's top young talent could be seen by the club's hierarchy. Needless to say, no one turned up, and having asked for a signed Argyle match ball to raffle to raise some local funds (all the centres were self-financing) we were told we had to pay for it!

Some things just don't change. At least the Football In The Community side of things still flourishes inspite of another scandelous decision at the club.

The club is now in the hands of the senior pros to run things until they get out of administration. The same senior pros who threatened to strike a couple of weeks ago because they haven't been paid again. Given the fact that Mr. Reid hasn't taken a salary and therefore it can't be costing the club anymore in wages, can someone please tell me if there's any logic in this decision?

No money, no management, no backbone and no common sense. I would love to see the advert for a permanent manager,

" Sinking club requires manager with cash to pay bills and players.

Must have the ability to sign players who are willing to accept some or no wage for a certain amount of time (dependant on results) .

Miracles are essential in the successful applicants CV.

Position has been recommended by Stevie Wonder, " I cant see anything wrong here"

Colonel Gaddaffi, " I have found a quiet place to stand on a Saturday afternoon"

Nick Leeson, "I reckon I could sort out the finances"

Good luck Titanic!!

MQx

the sacking of peter reid just about sums up the muppets on the board at argyle. how can a manager get results if he loses all his best players and is given no money to replace them.as for the two caretakers who are temporey in charge they say they have some new ideas to help the club.if so why didn,t they tell peter reid about them or don,t the players talk to the managers at argyle.there are a lot of dedicated and loyal fans at the club who must be gutted at the way this has been mishandled.where ever peter goes next that club will know what dedication and loyalty is.

Beware Ridsdale having anything whatsoever to do with the club. If I were Mr Brent I'd send him packing as soon as he takes control. Ridsdale will bankrupt the club like he did at Leeds, Barnsley and Cardiff. Beware of a man who has spent the last few weeks looking for another club to take over. Whatever you do Mr Brent don't listen to Ridsdales sweet talk, he will ruin you and for god sake don't sell the club to him.