Cornwall Football Forum

trelawny league results 17/9/2011

Guest man city fan

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Callum is in general a good ref from previous experience, but he does rule the game to the very letter of the law, which is fine, cant comment on how he was in the game because i wasnt involved but with time he will be a very good official more than likely at a high standard, he has a lot of potential but as Rappo said he needs an experienced official to guide him in the right direction

it didnt look like the ludgvan players wanted to stop, it looked to me they all wanted to carry on and were slightly bemused by the decision to call the game off, even with 9 men and being beaten by whatever the scoreline was at the time

2nd Nigel Nicholls being a top ref and a top bloke, any team in junior football is lucky to have him do a game for them

Dont know cat, just what i was told after i had finished playing on the top pitch, im guna guess he would of gave the pens for infringments but having had the ref before, i know how soft some of his decisions are, fair enough play his game to the letter of the law if he so wishes but a bit of common sense at the same would make his job a lot easier, i heard him ask the ludgvan manager to let his players carry on to save him writing reports then called the game off himself, seems consistency was missing on the day

dont know his name gilly, he is a young guy, id guess about 20

mate the ref in our game threatened to book me for kicking a second ball off the pitch that was on the goal line when i was about to take a place kick.

said i was time wasting, but you are only supposed to have one ball on the pitch at any one time arent you??

Callum Wilkinson was the official on the full time website for the albion vs ludgvan game dont know who he is myself

stop conmplaining, you are a glass is half empty not half full sort of man aren't you - sound familiiar????

Dont know cat, just what i was told after i had finished playing on the top pitch, im guna guess he would of gave the pens for infringments but having had the ref before, i know how soft some of his decisions are, fair enough play his game to the letter of the law if he so wishes but a bit of common sense at the same would make his job a lot easier, i heard him ask the ludgvan manager to let his players carry on to save him writing reports then called the game off himself, seems consistency was missing on the day

i would off said the ludgvan manger would off told the ref wots going on????

com on the cat have u tried 2 ref a game dont run them down as u have no chance off playing on a sat u learn like playing football hope more young refs come through the ranks

actually did the first half of the course but due to still playing i never completed the second half, reffed quite a few games in my time to at various age groups and mens football so you are talking to the wrong bloke there i am afraid pal!!

i always resepect officials but it helps if they respect the players too in some instances!

Dont know cat, just what i was told after i had finished playing on the top pitch, im guna guess he would of gave the pens for infringments but having had the ref before, i know how soft some of his decisions are, fair enough play his game to the letter of the law if he so wishes but a bit of common sense at the same would make his job a lot easier, i heard him ask the ludgvan manager to let his players carry on to save him writing reports then called the game off himself, seems consistency was missing on the day dont know his name gilly, he is a young guy, id guess about 20
mate the ref in our game threatened to book me for kicking a second ball off the pitch that was on the goal line when i was about to take a place kick. said i was time wasting, but you are only supposed to have one ball on the pitch at any one time arent you??
WITCH 1 WAS THE MATCH BALL LOL

Dont know cat, just what i was told after i had finished playing on the top pitch, im guna guess he would of gave the pens for infringments but having had the ref before, i know how soft some of his decisions are, fair enough play his game to the letter of the law if he so wishes but a bit of common sense at the same would make his job a lot easier, i heard him ask the ludgvan manager to let his players carry on to save him writing reports then called the game off himself, seems consistency was missing on the day dont know his name gilly, he is a young guy, id guess about 20
mate the ref in our game threatened to book me for kicking a second ball off the pitch that was on the goal line when i was about to take a place kick. said i was time wasting, but you are only supposed to have one ball on the pitch at any one time arent you??
WITCH 1 WAS THE MATCH BALL LOL

the one i had just walked half way to camborne to fetch,

no one shouted to me to tell me another one had been kicked towards the goal,

i returned from down the bank and placed my ball to kick it and a colleague told me there was a ball over by the goal line so i ran over and kicked off the pitch and he reached for his pocket as was going to book me for time wasting, he said i should have taken the goal kick then kicked the other ball off the pitch!

i nearly P*****D my pants!!!

funny when you look back at it but would not have been happy with a yellow if he had shown me it!

LOL

mate the ref in our game threatened to book me for kicking a second ball off the pitch that was on the goal line when i was about to take a place kick.

said i was time wasting, but you are only supposed to have one ball on the pitch at any one time arent you??

Callum Wilkinson was the official on the full time website for the albion vs ludgvan game dont know who he is myself

stop conmplaining, you are a glass is half empty not half full sort of man aren't you - sound familiiar????

mate the glass was overflowing in this case with two balls on the pitch!!!

Tell you what, after all the banter last week about Ludgvan charging a quid entry fee to watch their superstars play junior football, I would have paid good money to see them getting stuffed 7 nil, and cry that it was all the ref's fault, and walk off. Poor babies :). Ha ha ha ha! Well done Albion, and well done the young ref, who's probably got more guts than the babies put together.

Tell you what, after all the banter last week about Ludgvan charging a quid entry fee to watch their superstars play junior football, I would have paid good money to see them getting stuffed 7 nil, and cry that it was all the ref's fault, and walk off. Poor babies :). Ha ha ha ha! Well done Albion, and well done the young ref, who's probably got more guts than the babies put together.

You have no idea mate!!!

Ludgvan didn't walk off, the score wasn't 7-0 and the ref abandoned the game.

You have no idea mate!!!

if you are in the know then why not elaborate?

Just to confirm that the majority of referee's that I have that have come into the changing room before the game, have generally had a shit game!

Why do that? we know the laws, we know what we can and can't do.

darren we think we know what we can do( or we think we know what our bodies can do but sometimes dont)

i usually tell the ref i got there as quick as i could if i commit a foul!!

nigel nicholls usually laughs at me and says something like you wouldnt have even got there ten years ago pal!!

You have no idea mate!!!

Basically the ref had an absolute mare. He gave two penalties, that weren't penalties, issued two reds and seven yellows for literally nothing. Then spoke to his dad on the sideline and called the game off before 10 minutes from time. ALL PLAYERS - 9 Ludgvan & 11 Falmouth were still on the field when this happened.

You have no idea mate!!!

Basically the ref had an absolute mare. He gave two penalties, that weren't penalties, issued two reds and seven yellows for literally nothing. Then spoke to his dad on the sideline and called the game off before 10 minutes from time. ALL PLAYERS - 9 Ludgvan & 11 Falmouth were still on the field when this happened.

remember the LOAF(laws of association football) are there to be interpreted how the officials see fit

one persons opinion may be very different to anothers!

what were the pens and reds given for??

You have no idea mate!!!

remember the LOAF(laws of association football) are there to be interpreted how the officials see fit

only the ref knows!!!!

You have no idea mate!!!

only the ref knows!!!!

how do you know they werent pens or worthy of red cards if only the ref knows!

he told us last week down perranwell that he doesnt like dishing out cards as he has to do the paperwork and it means he doesnt get to go out on a saturday night!

guess he had no plans for this evening then!!!

You have no idea mate!!!

only the ref knows!!!!

how do you know they werent pens or worthy of red cards if only the ref knows!

he told us last week down perranwell that he doesnt like dishing out cards as he has to do the paperwork and it means he doesnt get to go out on a saturday night!

guess he had no plans for this evening then!!!

Because anyone who knows anything about football (both falmouth & ludgvan players agreed) would know they weren't penalties. Therefore only the referee knows why he WRONGLY gave them.

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you, cause it's pointless and the match was abandoned, so lets leave it at that.

Because anyone who knows anything about football (both falmouth & ludgvan players agreed) would know they weren't penalties. Therefore only the referee knows why he WRONGLY gave them.

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you, cause it's pointless and the match was abandoned, so lets leave it at that.

Isn't football a game of angles and opinions??? so maybe in the refs opinion and from his angle they where penalties. Just one question did any player appeal for a penalty (i'm guessing that a foul might of taken place in the box)

Isn't football a game of angles and opinions??? so maybe in the refs opinion and from his angle they where penalties. Just one question did any player appeal for a penalty (i'm guessing that a foul might of taken place in the box)

Not one appeal. & i'm not exaggerating.

just been told falmouth albion were 7 nil up against ludgvan then the ludgvan team gave up and walked off so the ref abandoned the

game.

Once again Ludgvan in the spotlight, there over paid and over rated players and there big ego's is what spoilt the game! constantly on the refs back i'm surprised he never abandoned it sooner then he did, Ludgvan football club should be ashamed of the way there players behaved on the pitch and how they spoke to the match official, I can understand the frustration as some decisions were a bit soft however he never had a hope in hells chance of keeping order with that lot of primaddonas.

You have no idea mate!!!

we had the same problem with the same ref last year and we ended going up to the county to get things sorted out!!!!

just been told falmouth albion were 7 nil up against ludgvan then the ludgvan team gave up and walked off so the ref abandoned the

game.

Once again Ludgvan in the spotlight, there over paid and over rated players and there big ego's is what spoilt the game! constantly on the refs back i'm surprised he never abandoned it sooner then he did, Ludgvan football club should be ashamed of the way there players behaved on the pitch and how they spoke to the match official, I can understand the frustration as some decisions were a bit soft however he never had a hope in hells chance of keeping order with that lot of primaddonas.

Alright mate...

Gulval 1 v 7 Goonhavern....

No complaints about the result, out played, out fought and totally lack lustre. Very disappointed with my lads showing. Our keeper was probably our best player with a couple of good saves. Well done to Goonhavern and Thanks for staying for a drink after and supporting our club, nice bunch of lads and good luck for the season!!

Our player didnt barf after downing the pint in 8 mins lol.........

On the Ludgvan front, the 16 year 8 stone 5ft4 keeper got taken out and as he hit the floor the ludgvan player decided to start punching him, the ref and indeed not many players spotted this which is why no action was taken.............. the ludgvan striker parents must be so proud (idiot)

The ref did have a poor game, but he is human and at the end of the day his decision counts, something ludgvan couldnt understand.

For Fal albion they march on to the next game, for ludgvan they go back to try and rip people off by charging to watch them at home........ what is this world coming to

What was the score?? Apparently it wasn't 7-0 at the time as originally reported.

No complaints about the result, out played, out fought and totally lack lustre. Very disappointed with my lads showing. Our keeper was probably our best player with a couple of good saves. Well done to Goonhavern and Thanks for staying for a drink after and supporting our club, nice bunch of lads and good luck for the season!!

I was at this one as a neutral and mostly agree with the Gulval Point of View above, the final score though was a little flattering to Goonhavern with the last couple of goals coming on breakaways in the last couple of minutes as the home players were visibly very tired. I thought the Gulval no. 17 looked a decent player though.

The Gulval pitch must run Halsetown close for being the smallest in adult football? And as for the corner nearest Penwith College!?!?!?

I was at this one as a neutral and mostly agree with the Gulval Point of View above, the final score though was a little flattering to Goonhavern with the last couple of goals coming on breakaways in the last couple of minutes as the home players were visibly very tired. I thought the Gulval no. 17 looked a decent player though.

The Gulval pitch must run Halsetown close for being the smallest in adult football? And as for the corner nearest Penwith College!?!?!?

I think you'll find our pitch (halsetown) to be rather large AND flat. exposed to the weather maybe but we cant have evrything. Lol

Halsetown res 2 st agnes 0

As a spectator a very enjoyable game to watch. Halsetown dominated the first half and went in 1-0 up and started quickly making it 2-0 just after the restart

After that st agnes really played very well and put halsetown under a lot of pressure and probably looked the better side for 30-35 mins of the 2nd half but didn't manage to find the back of the net.

Trelawny Div. 3

Falmouth Athletic 5 .v. Holman SC 4

See-saw game in which we started poorly. Due to one reason or another we arrived late at Draceana Avenue and didn't have a decent warm up. Falmouth took full advantage of this and raced into a 2-0 lead within the opening 10 minutes with a swift attacking move and a goal from a corner to the near post which, I for one, should of dealt with better. We grew into the game as the half wore on and scored with one of our first attacks with a good passing move down the right flank that saw Tony Eddy finish with a side footed effort from 12 yards. Falmouth were dangerous on the counter attack throughout the first half and I think they hit both posts with seperate efforts. We found joy when getting winger Jordan Jackson involved in the game who caused no end of problems for the home defence. The half time score was 4-3, our further two were added via an own goal after good work from Gareth Bone and Mark Richards with a header. The 2nd half was more even as a contest, both sides were utilising long ball trying to take advantage of quite a tight pitch and we drew 1st blood when Tony Eddy got his second and tied the game at 4 a piece. At this point we were probably looking like going on to win the game but a ball into our box was adjudged to of been handled by captain Dave Cooper and their lad scored from a retaken spot kick. We fought to the end and Bevan Stone saw a long range effort narrowly go over and with seconds left Falmouth cleared a goal mouth scramble following a long throw into the box.

Good luck to all involved with Falmouth Athletic for the season.

Who's complaining about the Mawnan match? I might have missed that, the team was legit I can tell you that as a player who just left to go to St Day. In fact they were missing players who got called up to the firsts this wee

k

Agree, st day werent complaining at all. game was fair and square in every way. i actually believe 4-0 was a little flattering to mawnan.

My brother in law plays for Albion and its not the same story he told me !!!!

He said the language was awful from your whole team, and that justice was done when one of your players was sent off, as earlier in the game he cowardly punched the Albion goalkeeper who is only 16 giving him concussion. Time to grow up I think and get on with it or you will soon be getting relegated again!

Nice to hear another view of things

Love your profile picture by the way bushy! Lol

The ludgvan player should be ashamed with himself and should never play footy again he brings a bad name to football if u go around punching people is he ok bushy

hey mate, I know i'm not bushy, but the keeper is one of my best mates, i saw him today. Said he's okay now, just had to stay in the ambulance and recover for the rest of the game. He's a solid lad though, he'll be ready to play again come saturday

My brother in law plays for Albion and its not the same story he told me !!!!

He said the language was awful from your whole team, and that justice was done when one of your players was sent off, as earlier in the game he cowardly punched the Albion goalkeeper who is only 16 giving him concussion. Time to grow up I think and get on with it or you will soon be getting relegated again!

This didn't happen you Morons. It was a 50/50, that the keeper could have stopped had he been a bit sharper off his line.