trelawny league results 17/9/2011

Guest man city fan

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trelawney 1

St.Keverne 2 sennen 0

solid display from st.keverne after having not played for 2 weeks. They dominated the first half and were unfortunate not to be more than 1 goal up at half time.St.Kevernes goal came from a deflected jason philips strike.The 2nd half was a slightly closer affair with sennen having a lot of the ball but cant really remember St.Kevernes goaly being tested.St.keverne still looked dangerous on the break and it was from a break away where a ball was played through to matthew sharpe who unleashead a dipping volley over the keeper in to the far corner of the net to pretty much seel what was,on the whole a deserved st.keverne victory.

good luck to sennen,got a tidy footballing side and will prove a tough match for whoever they play this season

Trevenson 2-5 St Day res ( h/t 1-3)

blustery conditions at pool school today saw the saints pick up a solid 3 points on the road

trevenson opened the scoring after 15 mins after a long through ball was slotted home past the cat only for simon gumma to miscue his attempted sliding clearance to send the ball over the line.

saints came back almost instantly and an excellent back post cross picked out the legend that is Mark Rapsey who headed back across the keeper who stood no chance.

saints went 2-1 up when a luke leah centre was headed home by nicky stevens who out jumped the keeper to find the back of the net.

both teams were struggling to get used to the conditions and the tightness of the pitch( im sure it was only about 80 yards long) but a through ball from lofty richards saw a chase occur between the trevenson keeper and Rappo the keeper fluffed his lines as the ever imposing figure of rappo casued him to rebound his kick onto the big guy who calmly slotted his second of the game.

HALF TIME

early in the second half saints etended their lead to 3 goals when a snap shot from the edge of the box was fumbled by the home keeper and who was there to turn the ball home from 1.3 yards, yes Rappo.

saints fifth goal came when young stevie trenoweth played in ed rowe( not the kernowking ed rowe i'll have you know) who calmly slotted past the keeper.

straight from the restart trevenson scored from the half way line with the ball sailing way over my head into the top corner( that will teach me to do my organising of the back line and not worry about myself) to be fair though the half way line was only approx 39 yeards from the goal!

good bunch of lads at trevenson and sorry didnt come for a drink but had to pick my boy up from work!

MOM Mark "RAPPO" Rapsey

just to add the ref almost booked me for time wasting after i walked almost back to camborne to retrieve a ball only to find another one in the six yard box waiting for me, i placed my ball and went to kick the other one off the pitch as quote me if i am wrong but a game cannot be restarted with two balls on the pitch?? he said i should have taken the goal kick and got rid of the other one once the other ball was in play??

Bizarre scenario or what???

Premier division

Threemilestone 1 - 2 St Agnes

Aggie rolled up at TMS with a threadbare squad missing 10 players. Ten minutes before kick off we only had ten players and had no goal keeper. It was that bad that Darren Murrish played at centre half.... Lol, only joking Flipper you had a great game!

The game was well contested throughout with both sides creating chances. The saints started well with the wind behind them and enjoyed some good spells of possession whilst TMS seemed to overhit their final ball because of the wind.

Aggie took the lead after breaking away from a TMS corner, good work from Spencer Hassell and Dan lord set up the Cornish Pele who tapped in.

TMS equalised with 10 minutes of the first half left after a good move from the left wing and a slotted finish from the striker however it did come from a questionable throw in that Aggie were certain was a foul throw.

TMS had more possession and chances with the wind in the second half but neither team created many clear cut chances. Following a torrential downpour St Agnes won the game with a goal on the break down the right wing - Ben firing the ball across the face of goal towards Jimmy Gazzard only for the defender to turn the ball into his own net.

The only sour point was when the 'overweight' TMS defender dangerously dived in on the Aggie striker several seconds after the final whistle had gone. I can understand frustration at losing but there was no need and it would have been a certain red card had the ref seen it. Shame.

The game was well referred by Phil Avis throughout.

Division 2

Titans 4-7 St.Just (HT 1-4)

St.Just finally back to full strength after the cricket season is finally over (thank god for that!). An excellent first half display playing up the slope against the wind, despite expecting to be backs against the wall the entire half. St.Just took the lead when a cross wasn't dealt with and Stefan Smith, back from his 2 year loan spell at St.Buryan, made it 1-0. It wasn't long before Titans equalized when their right winger was too quick and cooly finished a good cross in. St.Just made it 2-1 with a second Stefan Smith goal from 20+ yards, and shortly after it was 3-1 when Stefan's freekick was saved only for Sam (Peck) Capstic to poke it in from a few yards. Just before the break Joe Sturgeon, playing upfront on his own, ran onto a through-ball and calmly slotted underneath the keeper.

After the break despite playing with the wind and the slope, Titans obviously had a good bollocking at half time as they were the far better side, but against the run of play a cross from Liam Wallis caught the wind, decieving the goalkeeper, and floated into the back of the net.

With 20 minutes to go St.Just were looking tired, and Titans were rewarded a penalty which they slotted away. 5 minutes later ANOTHER penalty was awared when Dave George had enough of chasing their winger and decided to grab hold of him, which was once again cooly put away.

At 5-3 St.Just were looking like they could self destruct, and a very well taken Titans goal made it 5-4 with 10 minutes left. However with only 7 minutes to go a cross from deep was volleyed home by the ever running Joe Sturgeon, when the ball was hit against the bar, against a drinks bottle that was 2 yards behind the line and bounced out - thankfully Martin the Titans linesman signalled to the Ref to say it was considerably over the line (obviously a very fair man, as most Linesman would have conveniently not seen it). This subsequently took the pressure off the St.Just defence.

With the last kick of the game a cross was floated over and could only be put into his own goal by an unfortunate Titans defender, as Joe was ready to tap the ball in.

On the whole, a game of 2 halfs where the St.Just side were far superior in the first, but looked tired and outclassed in the second.

St.Just MOTM: Stefan Smith

Div 3- Troon 0 Culdrose reserves 4.

Adam McMillan and mike Clarke with 2 each

Good Game played from both sides, plenty of challenges flying in and for a change the ref didn't want to be centre of attention!

First half ended goalless whoever Culdrose missed a stone wall penalty (clarkey). Culdrose getting the ball down and playing some good football all over the park making plenty of chances which were all well saved and lanner trying to catch us out with the long ball over the top to their 2nd best player, their no 9.

The second half, Culdrose had the wind and dominated, with the lanner keeper carrying on his good work from the first half, saving plenty of shots and easily becoming motm. The breakthrough came and after the first went in, the 2nd followed shortly after plenty more pressure. Lanner then were awarded a pen when the lanner no 9 was through but crash saved with his arm of steel,to give Culdrose the eventual clean sheet they deserved. The other 2 goals came from great free kicks from the defence.

Thanks to lanner for the top food in the clubhouse after!

Guest man city fan

Div 3- Troon 0 Culdrose reserves 4.

Adam McMillan and mike Clarke with 2 each

Good Game played from both sides, plenty of challenges flying in and for a change the ref didn't want to be centre of attention!

First half ended goalless whoever Culdrose missed a stone wall penalty (clarkey). Culdrose getting the ball down and playing some good football all over the park making plenty of chances which were all well saved and lanner trying to catch us out with the long ball over the top to their 2nd best player, their no 9.

The second half, Culdrose had the wind and dominated, with the lanner keeper carrying on his good work from the first half, saving plenty of shots and easily becoming motm. The breakthrough came and after the first went in, the 2nd followed shortly after plenty more pressure. Lanner then were awarded a pen when the lanner no 9 was through but crash saved with his arm of steel,to give Culdrose the eventual clean sheet they deserved. The other 2 goals came from great free kicks from the defence.

Thanks to lanner for the top food in the clubhouse after!

troon or lanner

TRELAWNY DIV 6 NEWLYN DOLPHINS 2 NEWQUAY 4TH 4

Good result for a young Newquay who were robbed last week by a terrible ref decision. Newquay dominated the first half and went in 3-0 up, Newlyn threw everything into the second half but had to much to do and when newquay got the fourth the game was over. Thanks to Newlyn and a quick well done to the ref who was very good and let the game play.

Div 2

Trispen 1 - 5 Mullion

A much changed Mullion side again after call-ups to our 1st team, left us with a defence of an where we had 2 16 year olds, a 17 yeard and 21 year old. luckily our keeper is old enough to be their father :thumbsup:

We started the game nervously, understandably considering the age of defence and most of the side but as youngsters do they play football and that was what we tried to do, the cross field wind made it difficult but we played the only way we knew how, and we took the lead through Wayne Briggs fairly early on through great work by Adam or Nathan Batley up front...cant tell the difference between either :unsure:

As the half drew to a close Mullion kept pressing and the central defensive partnership of Jamie Dury and the Outstanding Jago Rosevear kept Trispen at bay. On the break Mullion won a corner which was taken by Wayne Briggs that was whipped in and the keeper misjudged the flight and could only tip it in the back of the net. from the kick off Mullion won the ball in the middle Batley found Keith Jacka on the right who smashed the ball past the keeper from an acute angle.

H-T 0-3

the second half started with Trispen making a double substitution and looking like they changed formation the young Mullion defence worked hard and defended well against a difficult and strong wind, with Chris Spurrier in the Mullion goal making a fantastic point blank save from the Trispen striker but Trispen did pull 1 back through a lack of concerntration on the Mullion wing that allowed the trispen attack to get forward and after a scramble in the box it was left for an easy tap in.

Mullion restored the 3 goal lead shortly after when Jacka found space behind the defence after long clearance from Jago Rosevear and cooly slotted past the Trispen Keeper. The 5th arrived after great work from the other Batley brother who broke down the right Darren Meagor put a cross into the box and Jack for his hat-trick hit the post only for the rebound to fall at Wayne Briggs' feet for his hat-trick.

All in all an improved performance from the last 2 weeks, unfortunatley a week off next then a local derby vs The Lizard at home in the Junior Cup.

Mullion side.

Chris Spurrier; Carl Tripconey, Jago Rosevear, Jamie Dury, Hayden Thomas-Fuller; Keith Jacka, Tim Edwards, Darren Meagor ©, Darren Hill; Adam or Nathan Batley, Wayne Briggs.

Subs. Lindsey Dale, Adam or Nathan Batley, Chris Rosevear

Mullion MOM - Jago Rosevear

division 2

west cornwall 6 madron 0

very heated game at times big improvement from my lads this week even though the score dosent say so, maybe a bit flattering to be honest, could have been a couple of goals up if we took our chances, good luck to the west cornwall lads for the rest of the season they look an half decent side.

Trevenson 2-5 St Day res ( h/t 1-3)

blustery conditions at pool school today saw the saints pick up a solid 3 points on the road

trevenson opened the scoring after 15 mins after a long through ball was slotted home past the cat only for simon gumma to miscue his attempted sliding clearance to send the ball over the line.

saints came back almost instantly and an excellent back post cross picked out the legend that is Mark Rapsey who headed back across the keeper who stood no chance.

saints went 2-1 up when a luke leah centre was headed home by nicky stevens who out jumped the keeper to find the back of the net.

both teams were struggling to get used to the conditions and the tightness of the pitch( im sure it was only about 80 yards long) but a through ball from lofty richards saw a chase occur between the trevenson keeper and Rappo the keeper fluffed his lines as the ever imposing figure of rappo casued him to rebound his kick onto the big guy who calmly slotted his second of the game.

HALF TIME

early in the second half saints etended their lead to 3 goals when a snap shot from the edge of the box was fumbled by the home keeper and who was there to turn the ball home from 1.3 yards, yes Rappo.

saints fifth goal came when young stevie trenoweth played in ed rowe( not the kernowking ed rowe i'll have you know) who calmly slotted past the keeper.

straight from the restart trevenson scored from the half way line with the ball sailing way over my head into the top corner( that will teach me to do my organising of the back line and not worry about myself) to be fair though the half way line was only approx 39 yeards from the goal!

good bunch of lads at trevenson and sorry didnt come for a drink but had to pick my boy up from work!

MOM Mark "RAPPO" Rapsey

just got a text from RAPPO, apparently he said it was him who crossed the ball for nick stevensand luke leah crossed for his first goal

he said to say he doesnt get many assists and also its not very often he gets out that wide as it took him 2 minutes to get back for the kick off!

Div 3

Fal Athletic 5-4 Holmans

Fal scorers: Jay Durber (more like an og but he can have it!), Mike Moore, Tim Hurrel(retaken pen), Ben Kellow and Mike Rollason

Athletic were 3 up then stepped off the gas and almost got punished, Holmans ran us right to the end always looking to get the win but we held on even though we were far far from playing anything like we did last week

Premier

Gulval 1-7 Goonhavern (1-1 h/t)

Good performance from us today after going 1-0 down midway through the first half. Our goals came from Paul Robertson, Ian Gosling (x2), Jamie Cox, who also had 4 assists (the boy is world class), Lewis Waters (x2) and Joe Carlyon. Thought the game was well reffed today. Gulval were very supporting in defeat. Special mention to their d**k of the day and his pathetic attempt at downing a pint which, at the time of us leaving, looked like it might be coming straight back up! :drink:

On the Albion v Ludgvan game, the ref had given 3 penalties, 7 yellows and 2 reds, on the 2nd red the Ludgvan manager wanted to pull his team out of the match, only for (im guessing) the players to want to carry, then the ref himself abandoned the game, someone sad there was about 15 to go but not sure as the kicked off only a few minutes after we did for the 2nd half, questions need to be answered by the ref as to what exactly was going on, 7 yellow and 2 reds is a bit extreme, i think the 2nd red was for a player swearing at him but if i had a ref that had been like that all game think i wouldnt of been to happy myself, not saying the guy is right because rules are rules, but i think this is an extreme case of referee being a over the top

On the Albion v Ludgvan game, the ref had given 3 penalties, 7 yellows and 2 reds, on the 2nd red the Ludgvan manager wanted to pull his team out of the match, only for (im guessing) the players to want to carry, then the ref himself abandoned the game, someone sad there was about 15 to go but not sure as the kicked off only a few minutes after we did for the 2nd half, questions need to be answered by the ref as to what exactly was going on, 7 yellow and 2 reds is a bit extreme, i think the 2nd red was for a player swearing at him but if i had a ref that had been like that all game think i wouldnt of been to happy myself, not saying the guy is right because rules are rules, but i think this is an extreme case of referee being a over the top

did the ref give these 3 pens 7 yellows and two reds because infringements of laws of association football had taken place? more than likely

if you get on a refs back from the off you are usually in for a whole world of pain guys.

Trelawny Five

Ludgvan Res 0 Trevenson Res 1 HT 0-1

A game where both teams had yet to pick up a point that was going to change.

The game was very open and the first half was end to end and if not for Stephen Molton could of been behind early on.

Trevenson then picked up and then had chances themselves from Peter Norfolk, Scott Lake and James Porter.

The breakthrough finally came through whne a slide rule pass from Scott Gunn was latched onto by Peter Norfolk who first time lobbed the keeper from 25 yards only to see it bounce and hit the bar. But Pete followed in the quickest to tap in the rebound.

The second half saw mostly trevenson attacking but the best chance came from Ludgvan when a shot across the kepper was partly stopped by Stephen Molton with Scott Lake reacting the quickest to clear off the line.

Well played to Ludgvan and game played in good spirits.

Trevenson MOM - Luke Rosevear who played solidly at the back again.

On the Albion v Ludgvan game, the ref had given 3 penalties, 7 yellows and 2 reds, on t

he 2nd red the Ludgvan manager wanted to pull

his team out of the match, only for (im

guessing) the players to want to carry, then the

ref himself abandoned the game, someone sad

there was about 15 to go but not sure as the

kicked off only a few minutes after we did for the

2nd half, questions need to be answered by the

ref as to what exactly was going on, 7 yellow

and 2 reds is a bit extreme, i think the 2nd red

was for a player swearing at him but if i had a

ref that had been like that all game think i

wouldnt of been to happy myself, not saying the

guy is right because rules are rules, but i think

this is an extreme case of referee being a over

the top

Who was the ref??

did the ref give these 3 pens 7 yellows and two reds because infringements of laws of association football had taken place? more than likely

if you get on a refs back from the off you are usually in for a whole world of pain guys.

Dont know cat, just what i was told after i had finished playing on the top pitch, im guna guess he would of gave the pens for infringments but having had the ref before, i know how soft some of his decisions are, fair enough play his game to the letter of the law if he so wishes but a bit of common sense at the same would make his job a lot easier, i heard him ask the ludgvan manager to let his players carry on to save him writing reports then called the game off himself, seems consistency was missing on the day

dont know his name gilly, he is a young guy, id guess about 20

Dont know cat, just what i was told after i had finished playing on the top pitch, im guna guess he would of gave the pens for infringments but having had the ref before, i know how soft some of his decisions are, fair enough play his game to the letter of the law if he so wishes but a bit of common sense at the same would make his job a lot easier, i heard him ask the ludgvan manager to let his players carry on to save him writing reports then called the game off himself, seems consistency was missing on the day

mate the ref in our game threatened to book me for kicking a second ball off the pitch that was on the goal line when i was about to take a place kick.

said i was time wasting, but you are only supposed to have one ball on the pitch at any one time arent you??

mate the ref in our game threatened to book me for kicking a second ball off the pitch that was on the goal line when i was about to take a place kick.

said i was time wasting, but you are only supposed to have one ball on the pitch at any one time arent you??

Callum Wilkinson was the official on the full time website for the albion vs ludgvan game dont know who he is myself

Premier result.

Mawnan 1 - 3 Gwinear Churchtown. ( ht 1-2 )

Good battle today against a strong Mawnan side , very close game Mawnan took the lead from a well worked throw in and cross that was flicked into the far post. 1st twenty minutes Mawnan looked more up for it and were 1st to everything but once Gwinear started running at the home defence we caused all sorts of problems and Jame Franklin squared the game with a rocket of a free kick .Then when Mawnan missed a few chances to regain the lead Franklin struck again this time with his head , Gwinear breaking down the right and picking him out to nod past the very good home keeper just before half time.

Second half was a bit scrappy at times and there were chances missed at both ends some great keeping and the woodwork rattled . A crazy rush of blood from a Mawnan player who came through the back of the Gwinears young right winger with a dreadfull challange which was bad enough on it's own but he then proceeded to repeatedly kick the lad on the floor and justly recieved his marching orders. Let his team mates down because after that big holes appeared and the visitors youngsters were willing runners and caused lots of problems and finally got the important 3rd from a quick throw that was squared inside for Jamie Thomas to let fly with a fantastic curling effort that gave the keeper no chance .

Our MOTM today was Jay Blewett between the sticks who was outstanding in all departments of his game kept us in front with some brave keeping and excellent stops and the fact that he was MOTM shows that Mawnan played their part in a good close game good luck lads till we meet again. :drink:

Five games and five good performances by the men in the middle , Nigel Nicholls had a great game today top top Ref lucky to have Ref's like him in junior football and was helped by two good fair Lino performances. :clapper:

Premier result.

Mawnan 1 - 3 Gwinear Churchtown. ( ht 1-2 )

Good battle today against a strong Mawnan side , very close game Mawnan took the lead from a well worked throw in and cross that was flicked into the far post. 1st twenty minutes Mawnan looked more up for it and were 1st to everything but once Gwinear started running at the home defence we caused all sorts of problems and Jame Franklin squared the game with a rocket of a free kick .Then when Mawnan missed a few chances to regain the lead Franklin struck again this time with his head , Gwinear breaking down the right and picking him out to nod past the very good home keeper just before half time.

Second half was a bit scrappy at times and there were chances missed at both ends some great keeping and the woodwork rattled . A crazy rush of blood from a Mawnan player who came through the back of the Gwinears young right winger with a dreadfull challange which was bad enough on it's own but he then proceeded to repeatedly kick the lad on the floor and justly recieved his marching orders. Let his team mates down because after that big holes appeared and the visitors youngsters were willing runners and caused lots of problems and finally got the important 3rd from a quick throw that was squared inside for Jamie Thomas to let fly with a fantastic curling effort that gave the keeper no chance .

Our MOTM today was Jay Blewett between the sticks who was outstanding in all departments of his game kept us in front with some brave keeping and excellent stops and the fact that he was MOTM shows that Mawnan played their part in a good close game good luck lads till we meet again. :drink:

Five games and five good performances by the men in the middle , Nigel Nicholls had a great game today top top Ref lucky to have Ref's like him in junior football and was helped by two good fair Lino performances. :clapper:

nigel nicholls top ref

Spot on report Mike. Yeh reckon Garry only gave me man of the match for the one i set up!! Lucky it was a small pitch mate, was surprised to find myself on the wing!!! More pleased with the cross than the hat-trick, dont get many assists these days!! Think Simon put the equalizer on my head. Luke cracking young player though. Callum Wilkinson is the ref we had down Perranwell last week mate. He probably just needs to chill out a bit more and not be so aggresive and quick on the whistle and not so hasty with his cards. Im all for young refs, just think Callum could do with a laid back experienced official to help him treat players as adults and talk to rather than boss them. Had him a few times and his decision making is fine. Could be a decent ref with the right help. :c:

What's going on with penryn, when are they playing or have they even got a squad just curious??

Yes they have a side and I guess they will be starting next week, they will play in division 3 and have withdrawn there team out of the premier league following a meeting with the ccfa(I have been told) good luck mike, Mick and nick and all at penryn 3rds.

Spot on report Mike. Yeh reckon Garry only gave me man of the match for the one i set up!! Lucky it was a small pitch mate, was surprised to find myself on the wing!!! More pleased with the cross than the hat-trick, dont get many assists these days!! Think Simon put the equalizer on my head. Luke cracking young player though. Callum Wilkinson is the ref we had down Perranwell last week mate. He probably just needs to chill out a bit more and not be so aggresive and quick on the whistle and not so hasty with his cards. Im all for young refs, just think Callum could do with a laid back experienced official to help him treat players as adults and talk to rather than boss them. Had him a few times and his decision making is fine. Could be a decent ref with the right help. :c:

i do worry when the ref turns up to get you in a huddle for a pre match talk and he has white predators on!!! LOL

did make me laugh when he took me to one side last week after giving a foul against me and got the two skippers in and the opposition skipper asked why he gave a free kick as he said it was a good tackle!!

I'll second that Rappo , we had him at Illogan and he showed great character to come into our changing rooms and talk to the lads before the game ,he will only improve given time and help , just like a young player. It's seriously time as managers to take responsibility and allow not one of your players to question the Ref and to deal with any player who steps out of line.