Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table - Sept 17th 2011

Please can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please

or

text me on 07597907549 with the details.

Attendances are the hardest things to get so to save me money texting you back please can you include them in your original text.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

17th September 2011

Holman SC (Scott Thomas, Jason Blight) 2-2 Pendeen Rovers (Josh Mooney, Jack Ramsey)

Att - 19

Mullion (Ben Casley) 1-3 Newquay Reserves (John Ludlam, Jake Hartigan, Cameron Bidgood)

Att - 42

Perranwell (Barry Leete 2, OG) 3-4 Porthleven Reserves (Matt Dawson, Scott Eastwood, Dave Rogers, Kyle Frazer)

Att - 35

RNAS Culdrose (Carl Stevens, Ryan Laversley) 2-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Nick Moss, Jason Roberts)

Att - 40

St Agnes (Alec Penrose 2, Mike Burn, Dan O'toole) 4-3 Falmouth Athletic (Steve Kellow, Huw Gibbon, Chris Tolley)

Att - 45

St Day (James Noble) 1-3 Troon (Steve Proctor 2, Ashley Smeeth)

Att - 45

St Ives Town (Martyn Moon) 1-1 Illogan RBL (Dan Bowman)

Att - 40

St Just (Callum George 3, Gary Matthews, Andy Dyer, Toby Cape) 6-3 Hayle Reserves (Danny Ford 2, Keiran Harris)

Att - 30

Wendron United (Adam Peters, Matt Roberts, Ryan Tressider, Joshua Hoon) 4-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Dave Rawlings, Benjamin Ambrose)

Att - 25

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ST AGNES 8 5 3 0 16 9 7 18

2 ST IVES TOWN 8 5 1 2 18 7 11 16

3 ILLOGAN RBL 8 4 4 0 15 8 7 16

4 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 8 4 3 1 15 8 7 15

5 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 9 4 2 3 28 15 13 14

6 WENDRON UNITED 8 4 2 2 14 12 2 14

7 PERRANWELL 8 3 2 3 24 16 8 11

8 PENDEEN ROVERS 7 3 2 2 17 11 6 11

9 RNAS CULDROSE 5 3 2 0 17 11 6 11

10 ST JUST 8 3 2 3 20 15 5 11

11 HAYLE RESERVES 9 3 2 4 15 17 -2 11

12 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 6 3 1 2 18 11 7 10

13 TROON 8 3 1 4 14 17 -3 10

14 ST DAY 8 2 3 3 12 15 -2 9

15 NEWQUAY RESERVES 8 1 4 3 11 18 -7 7

16 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 8 2 1 5 12 20 -8 7

17 MULLION 8 1 2 5 16 27 -11 5

18 HOLMAN SC 8 1 2 5 11 27 -16 5

19 PENZANCE RESERVES 8 0 1 7 5 34 -29 1

Bit harsh on mullion today, how many first team played against them? Obviously Ludlum many others? I know they played at least 4/5 against Hayle and st just in midweek games aswell but they both came away with points. But mullion have had a hard enough start without Newquay doing that! Thoughts?

New rule in the Combo regarding 1st team players. Only 3 allowed to play during the game.

Rule 8

© A team shall not include more than three players who have taken part in a more senior competition match during the current season, unless a period of 8 days has elapsed since they played. For the purpose of this Competition a more senior competition is one at Step 7 or higher in the National League System.

Newquay AFC are a football club, all players are considered on merit. Ludlam needed 90mins & Hartigan is returning from illness. Plenty of youngsters, many just 16 years old played today. Sam McKune is now joint player/manager and played an hour. the only other 'senior' player (but not SWPL) was Andy Morris who played 45 mins.

Mullion were simply not good enough in front of goal, too many chances blasted high, wide and handsome, even their Manager slated one player for hitting two shots into a neighbouring garden (despite the huge netting). Newquay 'keeper, Sam Trudgeon had a blinder, pulled off 3 class saves.

Just about every player at Mount Wise is signed on SWPL & Combo forms, whats the problem ? Only 3 SWPL 'regulars' can play in any one Combo game, hardly unfair stepping down just one Division is it ? Now Premier sides such as PZ, thats a different matter isn't it ?

You are only allowed 3 step 7 players during the whole game. You can have 5 1st team players on the bench and 3 playing but if you bring one on as a sub you've broken the rule, unless they haven't played for 8 days.

How it's going to be enforced properly is anyone's guess.

No rule broken at Mullion.

You are only allowed 3 step 7 players during the whole game. You can have 5 1st team players on the bench and 3 playing but if you bring one on as a sub you've broken the rule, unless they haven't played for 8 days.

nemesis, its just CTB bricking it and preparing excuses ready for when newquay bring a squad of sixteen 1st teamers down for an evening game vs penzance reserves

( in his opinion they will be first teamers anyway)

nemesis, its just CTB bricking it and preparing excuses ready for when newquay bring a squad of sixteen 1st teamers down for an evening game vs penzance reserves

It's the PZ 1st team that will have to watch out, we got them in the SWPL Cup on a Friday night - might chuck some youngsters at them, once they have done their homework of course.

It's the PZ 1st team that will have to watch out, we got them in the SWPL Cup on a Friday night - might chuck some youngsters at them, once they have done their homework of course.

dont upset the moderators nemesis

might come and watch that game friday pal, is it @ mount wise stadium or down PZ

What a pile of tosh!! Although I don't know the squad I'm guessing that it was only Johnny Ludlam that played from the first team, I think he has missed the last few games through suspension. Jake Hartigan has been with the second team all season. The first team played last night so surely anyone that had a long run last night wouldn't be playing or wouldn't be particularly fresh.

It really gets on my gripe when people post such dross on here (I rarely bother to post anymore). When I played for Newquay against lower league teams all we used to get was, your useless, your first team are rubbish, theres not much difference in the leagues etc yet people whinge like mad when do called "first teamers" play.

As for the st just game, I wonder if you could post the names of the first teamers that played in that game? Andy Westgarth played, but not sure if he played for the firsts up till then though. Not sure of who played against Hayle or Penryn!!

The first team squad at Newquay is also fairly large so hte second team is there to keep players fresh. Shaun Middleton and Luke Rigby are both injured at present but may well have runs out in the reserves soon as well, so good luck and watch out !! lol

What a pile of tosh!! Although I don't know the squad I'm guessing that it was only Johnny Ludlam that played from the first team, I think he has missed the last few games through suspension. Jake Hartigan has been with the second team all season. The first team played last night so surely anyone that had a long run last night wouldn't be playing or wouldn't be particularly fresh.

It really gets on my gripe when people post such dross on here (I rarely bother to post anymore). When I played for Newquay against lower league teams all we used to get was, your useless, your first team are rubbish, theres not much difference in the leagues etc yet people whinge like mad when do called "first teamers" play.

As for the st just game, I wonder if you could post the names of the first teamers that played in that game? Andy Westgarth played, but not sure if he played for the firsts up till then though. Not sure of who played against Hayle or Penryn!!

The first team squad at Newquay is also fairly large so hte second team is there to keep players fresh. Shaun Middleton and Luke Rigby are both injured at present but may well have runs out in the reserves soon as well, so good luck and watch out !! lol

i expect the guys getting a run have been injured/away/unable to play or been sat on the bench not getting any action for the firsts

nowt wrong with that in football,

good game at the 'Well today. Port the more dominant through the 1st half & an equally contested 2nd, Port probably being the stronger throughout (bias opinion obviously).

port went 1-0 up, before perran equalising on 40mins through a header.

then end to end. port eventual winners. good game!!! im sure the twins will elaborate.

Holman Sports Club 2-2 Pendeen

Holman Goalscorers

Scott Thomas

Jason Blight

Honours shared at Blaythorne in a closely contested contest which saw Holmans take the lead twice only for Pendeen to draw level. Holmans were looking for a greatly improved performance after last weeks loss to St Ives and started brightly Jacob Kemp was the lone striker upfront in his last game before departing for Uni next week and he was supported well by the two wide players of Bobby Hopkins and man of the match Adam Selley. The first goal was a powerful header from Scott Thomas scoring his 3rd goal in 2 games

HT 1-0

Holmans caught napping after half time (not for the 1st time this season grrrrrr) and a mazy run down the right beat Veteran goalkeeper and oldest player in the Holmans team Adam Batchelor in goal to draw the visitors level. A good natured battle between the two sides continued throughout the 2nd half with a final flurry in the final 5 min when Holmans took the lead through captain Jason Blight only for Pendeen to equalise a minute later

Full Time 2-2

As always well reffed by Kevin Knowles

Holmans entertain Falmouth Athletic next week in the senior cup 1330 kick off. Following that will be an auction at 9pm in the clubhouse as we attempt to raise some more money to improve the Blaythorne "experience" :) Information at the auction can be found at the following link

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/holmanafc/News/view/581844

SWPL Cup 2nd Rd - Fri 14th Oct 7.30pm - PZ v NQY

prefer mount wise stadium as a venue,

but might make the trek down PZ depending on the weather

There will be so many Peppermints travelling, it will feel like a home game anyway. Come and say hello.

might do

if not i will come to a newquay home game this season

is there enough room for us both in the stand??? LOL

good game at the 'Well today. Port the more dominant through the 1st half & an equally contested 2nd, Port probably being the stronger throughout (bias opinion obviously).

port went 1-0 up, before perran equalising on 40mins through a header.

then end to end. port eventual winners. good game!!! im sure the twins will elaborate.

will put up report and pictures tomorrow mate

pendeen goalscorers were josh mooney and jack ramsey. crowd was 19, 13 from pendeen

after the week we have had with players leaving the club etc, its well done to Dre, the club, the away supporters, and youngesters josh and jack for stepping up when needed a big up" to the whole team (the furture is yellow and black)( not doom and gloom)

pendeen goalscorers were josh mooney and jack ramsey. crowd was 19, 13 from pendeen

after the week we have had with players leaving the club etc, its well done to Dre, the club, the away supporters, and youngesters josh and jack for stepping up when needed a big up" to the whole team (the furture is yellow and black)( not doom and gloom)

thanks tim, its been a hard couple of weeks but the boys that came in today done them selfs proud.

With regards 2 grants comments, why does everyone slag off newquay because the 2nd won a game? I don't really support anybody (except st. Mawgan). So why do people say Newquay won b cause of 1st teamers! Ludlams been banned? Hartigan aint Good enough 4 1st team anymore, westgarth has missed more 1st. Team games than he's played! Middleton and rigby have been injured most the season so could play if necessary! In my opinion the only 1 who should b playing 2nd team and probably lower is ollie deadman, absolute rubbish 2b polite!!!

With regards 2 grants comments, why does everyone slag off newquay because the 2nd won a game? I don't really support anybody (except st. Mawgan). So why do people say Newquay won b cause of 1st teamers! Ludlams been banned? Hartigan aint Good enough 4 1st team anymore, westgarth has missed more 1st. Team games than he's played! Middleton and rigby have been injured most the season so could play if necessary! In my opinion the only 1 who should b playing 2nd team and probably lower is ollie deadman, absolute rubbish 2b polite!!!

you can gaurantee that come the end of the season that any team staring at relegation/re-election from the Combo league with teams in a hgher league will be loading their reserve games to get them out of trouble so providing the rules are not broken it is something to be put up with!!

sounds like newquay are playing/working as a CLUB ..all players signed on for the club not a team

And of course, they are all mercenaries looking to pick up a brown envelope. Fair play to every player who may have had to 'drop' to the Combo side, not a single complaint, everyone of them wanting to pass on advice and experiences to the Newquay youngsters.

sounds like newquay are playing/working as a CLUB ..all players signed on for the club not a team

And of course, they are all mercenaries looking to pick up a brown envelope. Fair play to every player who may have had to 'drop' to the Combo side, not a single complaint, everyone of them wanting to pass on advice and experiences to the Newquay youngsters.

Maybe they could give your kit man some advice? when your playing away to a team that play in red, dont bring your red kit.

Maybe they could give your kit man some advice? when your playing away to a team that play in red, dont bring your red kit.

Fair point, well made.

New rule in the Combo regarding 1st team players. Only 3 allowed to play during the game.

Rule 8

© A team shall not include more than three players who have taken part in a more senior competition match during the current season, unless a period of 8 days has elapsed since they played. For the purpose of this Competition a more senior competition is one at Step 7 or higher in the National League System.

What absolute rubbish, senior league senior teams senior players no problem. Truro played some of their first team at Camelford last season and won could've cost camels the league, just the way it is.

Mullion v Newquay AFC Reserves was played Sat 17th Sept.

Jonathan Ludlam [59999]

Suspension: 1 match(es) from 13/9/2011 to 16/9/2011 inclusive (Saturday football only)

Club: Newquay F.C. League: South West Peninsula Football League Ltd Case: 4976635S

Ban overlooked on Tues in Combo game as CCFA say Saturday Football Only, did not play on 16th v Godolphin.

Any more questions ?