Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Please post your results, scorers and most important attendances on this thread please.

Or you can text me on 07597907549 with your info.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Tuesday 6th September

Hayle Reserves (Danny Ford, OG) 2-0 Falmouth Athletic

Att - 35

Holman SC (Scott Thomas 2).2-0 Penzance Reserves

Att - 14

Mullion (Rob Carey, Ben Casley) 2-3 RNAS Culdrose (Jamie Adam, Chris Reed, Mark Goldsworthy)

Att - 30

Penryn Athletic Reserves 0-1 Illogan RBL (Tom Smith)

Att - 40

Perranwell (Dominic Pullen, Ben Colquhoun) 2-0 Newquay Reserves

Att - 32

Porthleven Reserves (Matt Dawson) 1-3 Pendeen Rovers (Wade Brown 2, Jowan May)

Att - 45

St Agnes (Alec Penrose, Ian Hyland) 2-1 Troon (Ben Gadson)

Att -40

St Day (Joff Mallaber) 1-1 Wendron United (Matt Roberts)

Att - 65

St Ives Town (Martyn Moon, Max Davies) 2-1 St Just (Stuart Nicholls)

Att - 35

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ST AGNES 6 3 3 0 10 5 5 12

2 ST IVES TOWN 6 4 0 2 10 5 5 12

3 ILLOGAN RBL 6 3 3 0 10 6 4 12

4 PERRANWELL 6 3 2 1 18 7 11 11

5 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 6 3 2 1 10 6 4 11

6 WENDRON UNITED 6 3 2 1 10 7 3 11

7 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 4 3 1 0 14 4 10 10

8 PENDEEN ROVERS 6 3 1 2 15 9 6 10

9 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 6 2 2 2 15 10 5 8

10 HAYLE RESERVES 6 2 2 2 9 9 0 8

11 ST JUST 6 2 1 3 13 11 2 7

12 ST DAY 5 1 3 1 9 10 -1 6

13 MULLION 6 1 2 3 14 20 -6 5

14 RNAS CULDROSE 2 1 1 0 5 4 1 4

15 TROON 6 1 1 4 8 15 -6 4

16 NEWQUAY RESERVES 6 0 4 2 8 15 -7 4

17 HOLMAN SC 6 1 1 4 8 18 -10 4

18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 5 1 0 4 5 11 -6 3

19 PENZANCE RESERVES 6 0 1 5 5 25 -20 1

Penryn 0 Illogan 1

Illogan scorer Tom Smith

Was good game to watch Penryn should of being 2.0 after 20 minutes after both missing one on one chances some good saves both end to keep score at 1.0. Penryn had huge shout for a definate penalty which may have led to a straight red in the last play of the game but Im afraid the ref bottled it as didn't even speak to the offending player

Penryn 0 Illogan 1

Penryn had huge shout for a definate penalty which may have led to a straight red in the last play of the game but Im afraid the ref bottled it as didn't even speak to the offending player

I'm assuming the ref didn't award a penalty and so therefore in his eyes there was no need to speak to anyone surely

Well said bighairydave, barry in goal collecting a ball on the floor with his defender stood their sheilding him for protection with pottsy flyin in for a challenge, inevitable that all 3 players would collide, thought the ref had an excellent game all round for both teams

stuart nicholls for st just tonight. we could and should of scored four in the first half playing with the wind and with ten men, but didn't take our chances. however second half they caught us still in the changing room and scored two quick goals and after that it was fairly equal again and stuart scored with ten to go. st ives will cause a stir in the league this year for sure, they are a good young side who just get on and play football, also simon stevens(ex pz 1st team) must be the best player in the league.

Question: Who reading this has had a punch from a St. Just player? Who has been the subject of abusive insult from a St. Just player? Who wishes they could just play a game of football against St. Just that is about football and not about just physically abusing the opposing team?

What I witnessed from St. Just this evening was a total embarassment, not to mention just plain disgusting. However, its not just the opposing players that recieve the abuse, but the ref endures the brunt of it also. Tonight the ref did well to try and stamp his authority from the off in a predictably heated encounter, by sending off a St. Just player for kicking out; fair enough. But to then see a fellow player punch a St. Ives player is incomprehendible. But we've seen it before, haven't we? Fair enough, the ref didn't see it, but also didn't take the advice of the linesman. Why would any player want to play along side a player like this who obviously has no interest in football? When will the league look at this team and do something about it?

But about the game, St. Ives played excellent. Against the wind, they restricted St. Just to a few chances, which in all fairness they should have taken a few. In the second half St. Ives played St. Just to a tee. Let them get wriled up and they played excellent football and scored twice and as like St. just, should of scored a hatfull more.

But what really ticks me off is Steve Curnow doesn't condone the behaviour of his players. Something has got to change at St. Just, for the better of the league and the players. Gary Matthews is a great player, but seems to me to be brought down to the rest of the teams bullish behaviour. If he played his own game, he'd be twice the person let alone the player.

Well done to St. Ives and good luck for the rest of the season.

Let me guess......a st ives supporters view?

Question..... You mentioned gary matthews in your post, is it ok for him too be constantly kicked off of the ball?it takes too teams too make a hard fought match. St ives won and well done to them. But if all you have to say is junk I wouldn't bother next time.

By the way if you focused more on your pitch and less on st just it may not be like playing on the moon.

CTB shouldnt st ives be top of the league on games won?

Nope!

OH you want an answer.

A teams position in a table is decided by the following:

1. Points scored

2. If points are equal then by goal difference

3. If 2 or more teams have same goal difference then on goals scored

4. If 2 or more teams have same points, goal difference, goals scored then decided on name of the team.

Hence St Agnes are above St Ives.

Holman Sports Club 2-0 Penzance

Att 14

Holman Goalscorer

Scott Thomas (2)

Centre half Scott Thomas secured Holmans first win of the season with a goal in each half to give the home side a much needed 3 points in this battle of the basement on a windswept night at Blaythorne.

With Penzance centre half Dean Moody probably the only player over the age of 12 for the visitors the Penzance side will have a bright future however Holmans with a more experienced and physical unit were able to follow up a hard earned draw away to Newquay on Saturday with a performance that was just enough to remain in control for most of the match. Aaron Meridith once again was causing the opposing defence problems but Holmans were struggling to find an opening in front of the goal until a corner halfway through the 1st half fell to Scott 16 yards out who blasted it through a crowd of players into the net.

HT 1-0

The 2nd half was a similar story however Penzance were beginning to find some gaps in the Holmans defence and Ben Minns was called on to pull off a full stretch diving save. Holmans got their much needed 2nd goal to secure the win in the 75th min when the ball once again fell to Thomas on the edge of the area for him to find the back of the net

CTB was in attendance so i'm sure he can provide a more technical accurate account if my timings are off.....its a bit difficult to look at your watch when your playing!! :)

Holmans now travel to the Saltings on Saturday to face high flying St Ives. The two sides met in a pre-season friendly in early August with St Ives running out 3-1 winners

Match Report and Team Line up at :

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/holmanafc/113669/Matches/report/3232277

Port never really got going last night. 1st 25 mins of the 2nd half we found some urgency....but were unfortunately 2-0.

The introduction of right back Matty Dawson was a massive boost to our energy levels as he came on up front....and caused problems for the Pendeen defence.

Pendeen are a bloody good team,especially going forward. I'll be surprised of they don't score in the majority of their games this season.

Well said bighairydave, barry in goal collecting a ball on the floor with his defender stood their sheilding him for protection with pottsy flyin in for a challenge, inevitable that all 3 players would collide, thought the ref had an excellent game all round for both teams

Souns like deliberate obstruction to me Jamo. Indirect free kick to Penryn :thumbsup:

St. Ives deservedly walked away with the 3 points at The Saltings through 2 great finishes, hard work and the fact that they didn't stoop down to St Just's poor concentration of actually playing football instead of their ludacris behaviour, which was shown when St Just had a man sent off for kicking out early in the first half. St. Ives held off St Just well in the first half with the wind hammering against them where St Just probably should have taken a goal or two if they had put away their chances. Second half St. Ives did exactly what they had to do, play football and work around St Just with 2 good goals and probably should have scored a few more if they had also taken their chances. St Just scored a late goal against the play and piled on the pressure for the last 10 minutes where it was near impossible to see the ball due to the light. Great 3 points for St. Ives. :rolleyes:

Oh and how could i forget the St Just player who punched a St. Ives player square in the face, completely off the ball for no entire reason. As it was no way near the play, the ref couldn't have seen this but surely one of the lineos could have added their part to this utterly ridiculous behaviour? :wacko:

Question: Who reading this has had a punch from a St. Just player? Who has been the subject of abusive insult from a St. Just player? Who wishes they could just play a game of football against St. Just that is about football and not about just physically abusing the opposing team?

What I witnessed from St. Just this evening was a total embarassment, not to mention just plain disgusting. However, its not just the opposing players that recieve the abuse, but the ref endures the brunt of it also. Tonight the ref did well to try and stamp his authority from the off in a predictably heated encounter, by sending off a St. Just player for kicking out; fair enough. But to then see a fellow player punch a St. Ives player is incomprehendible. But we've seen it before, haven't we? Fair enough, the ref didn't see it, but also didn't take the advice of the linesman. Why would any player want to play along side a player like this who obviously has no interest in football? When will the league look at this team and do something about it?

But about the game, St. Ives played excellent. Against the wind, they restricted St. Just to a few chances, which in all fairness they should have taken a few. In the second half St. Ives played St. Just to a tee. Let them get wriled up and they played excellent football and scored twice and as like St. just, should of scored a hatfull more.

But what really ticks me off is Steve Curnow doesn't condone the behaviour of his players. Something has got to change at St. Just, for the better of the league and the players. Gary Matthews is a great player, but seems to me to be brought down to the rest of the teams bullish behaviour. If he played his own game, he'd be twice the person let alone the player.

this isn't a pop at st ives by the way, just a bit of frustation at some stupid comments!!

holy s**t i forgot st ives captain (who by theway i think is a class player) was an angel, booting gary matthews up the spine, off the ball and winking to me saying 1 all, also you mention the ref taking abuse, what about st ives no.8 abusing him all game?

steve is and has been a good manager for a long time, and you can ask any one ofhis players that he hates it when we behave stupidly but what happens on the pitch in split seconds he cannot control!

also you say somethings got to change at st just for the better of the league?, well to be fair my co** you want to look at the pitch down your place, it shouldn't really be allowed in senior football. and also st just have been one of the more consistent sides in the league for a long time now and won't be going anywhere for a while!!

you have to look at it, when we get kicked or elbowed or what ever we don't moan but just get on with it, perhaps a little more of this is needed in your team, as it was only 2 years ago that even the mighty well were scared of coming to your place because of the intimidating nature of the team!! like wacko jnr said, netball is tues and thurs 630 in mounts bay dome! cheers

Breaking news

From an insider at Penryn commented on the penalty claim last night vs illogan. News has come out that The Defender wasn't shielding Barry at all Barry had ball in his hands as Pottsy was jumping over Barry Hogarth hit him from behind with 2 knees and nearly sent him onto the gravel!!!! The ref admitted after it was a penalty!!!! Bottled it. Also a few well known referees were behind the goal and all clearly said that not only was a penalty but also a straight red card. Only saying what have being told from a big source

Barrie is Spelt with an ie not a y. And u can't change the past so there's no point crying over spilt milk!

Not in brookside! It was alway barry with a Y. probably before your time laddy.

What was penryn and illogan line ups?

"laddy"?????????

No barrie!

Illogan line up was

B.Wyatt (the best gk in the league)

A.Clarke

T.Smith

T.Hogarth

L.Ellis

G.Sturmey

I.Cullingham

S.Ellis

D.Bowman

D.Britton

P.Walsoncroft

Subs

B.Widdershoven

J.Jones

B.Penfold

Had a punch of a St Just player yes

Had abuse of a St Just player yes

Had abuse of Steve Curnow yes

but isnt this part and parcel of playing St Just a hard physical contest from a good bunch of lads.

come on thomo im sure St Ives gave as good as they got and i dont ever remember St Ives moaning when simo used to play there kicking and punching people. just get on with it its football :drink: :drink:

Baz physicallity and abuse is all part of playing amateur football ain't it pal!

We both play hard and fair!

I don't feel like I've been in a game unless someone's kicked me or called me a fat ....(insert expletive of choice)

Heading down to certain places you know what sort of game you will be in for so why not think about it before you get there and plan accordingly

I don't cheat I don't abuse officials, other players or spectators, I play hard and fair

Some people take it too far but remember people this is amateur football so not everything will be picked up on

Accept it and get on with it!

this isn't a pop at st ives by the way, just a bit of frustation at some stupid comments!!

holy s**t i forgot st ives captain (who by theway i think is a class player) was an angel, booting gary matthews up the spine, off the ball and winking to me saying 1 all, also you mention the ref taking abuse, what about st ives no.8 abusing him all game?

steve is and has been a good manager for a long time, and you can ask any one ofhis players that he hates it when we behave stupidly but what happens on the pitch in split seconds he cannot control!

also you say somethings got to change at st just for the better of the league?, well to be fair my co** you want to look at the pitch down your place, it shouldn't really be allowed in senior football. and also st just have been one of the more consistent sides in the league for a long time now and won't be going anywhere for a while!!

you have to look at it, when we get kicked or elbowed or what ever we don't moan but just get on with it, perhaps a little more of this is needed in your team, as it was only 2 years ago that even the mighty well were scared of coming to your place because of the intimidating nature of the team!! like wacko jnr said, netball is tues and thurs 630 in mounts bay dome! cheers

To be fair we played ST just last weekend and i never got as much as a headbutt :clapper::SM_carton: just playing neil!!......hmmm ......then again you wasnt playing..?...?.. ;)

Then again i pinch myself if im not on the receiving end of at least 2 or 3 karate kicks from a ST ives defenders :SM_carton::clapper:

On a serious note St Just are a nice bunch of lads who play hard and are always freindly before and after

On the same note who would have predicted St Ives to have such a good start?..So i can only compliment them on that...and of coarse their attention detail in their monday night taekwondo sessions... ^_^:SM_carton:

All jokes aside its only a bit of banter and you should take it all with a pinch of salt nobodys getting killed

...........Then again we best hope neil picks up his cricket bat instead of is mouldies on a sat morning! :clapper:

Breaking news

From an insider at Penryn commented on the penalty claim last night vs illogan. News has come out that The Defender wasn't shielding Barry at all Barry had ball in his hands as Pottsy was jumping over Barry Hogarth hit him from behind with 2 knees and nearly sent him onto the gravel!!!! The ref admitted after it was a penalty!!!! Bottled it. Also a few well known referees were behind the goal and all clearly said that not only was a penalty but also a straight red card. Only saying what have being told from a big source

Are you sure the referee admitted afterwards it was a penalty? Speaking to one of the assistants afterwards they said the referee still said he thought it wasn't a penalty. And did Hogarth really hit him from behing as he was jumping over the keeper as the keeper was caught by Pottsy as the collision between all three of them occured. We'll agree to disagree on the penalty, but I definitely agree it was a great game and both teams, and all match officials were a credit to football and the league.

St day 1 -1 Wendron

Even game at Vogue parc. Wendron took the lead though Matt Roberts. St day Equalized through Joff Mallabear in the 2nd half. Wendron's Matt Mcilroy was sent off for two yellow cards. 2nd yellow warranted a red was a shocking tackle.

Att 65

tbh i think the st day player made a meal of the tackle and i do think it warranted a yellow not a red!