Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Youth Trials. More nominations required.

David Bray

Trials for male players keen and enthusiastic to play for Cornwall Under 18's this coming season are only a week or so away. The first trial for boys in the West of the County takes place at Wendron United FC on Thursday 26th August 6.00pm for a 6.30 pm start. To date there are still plenty of spaces in order to conduct a worthwhile trial.

So if Club Secretaries could forward the names of any players they feel could justify selection that would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks to those who have already done so. Individually players can request a trial by e/mailing davidjbray@onetel.com The same applies to the East Trial scheduled for Roche FC on Thursday 1st September.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were delighted last season to have produced three outstanding youngsters for the county side, Zak,Billy, and Tom.

Hayle has benefited this season with our U16 team moving into senior football, unfortunately I feel the guys require a season in men’s football to adapt to the senior game, and I personally believe that the pressure of doing this is enough at present. Having trials and missing matches at just 16 wouldn't be fair. I am hoping with a season under their belts that they will be ready to attend the trials next year. We at Hayle are very proud of our youth section and we hope we produce further county players in the future.

Good luck to Tommy, and all the Staff in the county set for the forth coming season.