Cornwall Football Forum

edgcumbe 2 -4 torpoint duchy

Mark Sotheran, Dean Cardew and jack wood are playing for the duchy this season! Ed goodman played due to missing a few key players.... Jason bates, alex gates, Ellis cowd and Marcus Dean! So if anything the duchy were not at full strength but what can you do a wins a win at end of the day the duchy bossed it so UNLUCKY!!!

Also watched the game yesterday and was impressed with both sides, although I wouldnt go as far as some of the posters on here I imagine they are all Torpoint based but thats fair enough we are used to them on here! Edgcumbe started very strong and I thought it was going to be a stroll in the park for them but Torpoint did play themselves back into the game. The game seemed to change when Edgcumbe had a third goal dissallowed which looked like the wrong decision to me, but that seemed to certainly galvanise Torpoint. Edgcumbes weakness was obviously from set pieces and they couldnt handle Torpoint in the air which is where all of Torpoints goals came from. Aside from that I thought it was a very even game up until Edgcumbe went down to 10 men and then as someone said, Torpoint probably could have had 6 or 7 if they were more clinical. Not sure on names but I thought the blonde winger for Torpoint had a good game, as did their centre half. For Edgcumbe their right winger was their biggest threat along with the centre forward. I imagine both teams will be challenging in their respective leagues this season.

Also great to see a few watching down at Millbrook!