Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC Reserves XI v AFC Hiltingbury

Jim Hilton & Alan Yendall get the chance to run the rule over the current batch of players to come through the ranks. AFC Hiltingbury play in the Southampton FL the same level as East Cornwall Div 1.

Friday 29th July 6.30pm - Mount Wise Stadium.

I was told by Alan that it was being played on the astro turf,can you confirm the venue please.

Jim Hilton & Alan Yendall get the chance to run the rule over the current batch of players to come through the ranks. AFC Hiltingbury play in the Southampton FL the same level as East Cornwall Div 1.

Friday 29th July 6.30pm - Mount Wise Stadium.

I was told by Alan that it was being played on the astro turf,can you confirm the venue please.

Someone had better tell the committee in that case, they have it down in the book as Mount Wise and are opening the bar early for it. Supporters all told the same as well on Tuesday, perhaps Jim, Alan or the General Manager and whoever is Secretary this week, should confirm to everyone including the webmaster.

Come through the ranks? What does that mean?

I assume that is to the reserve side, as the majority of the first team has been imported !!!

The SWPL squad contains, Robertson, Hampshire, Hartigan, Carne, Hilton, Rigby, Weldhen, McKune, Bradshaw and others (apologies if I havn't mentioned you). The Combo side that was managed by Andy Bicknell has broken up, some have followed him to Duchy Football, some have stayed. Jim & Alan will be bringing youngsters through the youth ranks (we had 2 U16's sides last season).

Perhaps you would like to opo along on Friday to watch Jims side or on Monday to see the Galacticos v Torpoint.

I assume that is to the reserve side, as the majority of the first team has been imported !!!

The SWPL squad contains, Robertson, Hampshire, Hartigan, Carne, Hilton, Rigby, Weldhen, McKune, Bradshaw and others (apologies if I havn't mentioned you). The Combo side that was managed by Andy Bicknell has broken up, some have followed him to Duchy Football, some have stayed. Jim & Alan will be bringing youngsters through the youth ranks (we had 2 U16's sides last season).

Perhaps you would like to opo along on Friday to watch Jims side or on Monday to see the Galacticos v Torpoint.

GALACTICOS: The term itself carries both positive and negative meanings. Initially, the term was used to emphasise the greatness of signing superstar players and the construction of a world class team. Later the term attracted a more negative connotation; galáctico becoming synonymous with prima donna and used as a term to deride the transfer policy and blah blah blah.....could also be termed as mercenaries :blink:

nemesis we were lead to believe that Newquay 4ths were set up to accommadate the u'16s at the trelawney league meeting to follow on from the 3rds from last season.both playing at the sports centre.not a dig just an observation as this is highly commendable because Newquay fc are working to follow up the good work of the youth set up.

GALACTICOS: The term itself carries both positive and negative meanings. Initially, the term was used to emphasise the greatness of signing superstar players and the construction of a world class team. Later the term attracted a more negative connotation; galáctico becoming synonymous with prima donna and used as a term to deride the transfer policy and blah blah blah.....could also be termed as mercenaries :blink:

Now look up Irony.

Yes Postman Pat, the 3rds/4ths will be made up of players used in last seasons U16's and others, the final details will be thrashed out at the AGM on Sunday Morning. The 2nds will be mainly last seasons 3rds and others. Exciting times for all concerned at Newquay AFC.