Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Reserves v Truro Reserves

Mike, it was 2 - 1 to Truro with the winner coming in the last couple of mins. Some tired legs on the pitch at the time, including mine as I'd played at least 6 minutes by then! Very good start from Town and we were able to give a run out to a squad of 20 on the night. Certainly didnt deserve to lose. Both teams played good football and the ref was no more than average, Lee Mitchell ^_^ just kidding Mitchy

Town goal scored by Ben Ambrose.

Mike, it was 2 - 1 to Truro with the winner coming in the last couple of mins. Some tired legs on the pitch at the time, including mine as I'd played at least 6 minutes by then! Very good start from Town and we were able to give a run out to a squad of 20 on the night. Certainly didnt deserve to lose. Both teams played good football and the ref was no more than average, Lee Mitchell ^_^ just kidding Mitchy

Any new faces at Truro? Who had the Truro goals?

Couldnt tell you who scored for them or new faces. Only ones I knew were Andy Bowker, Scott Palmer, Chris James, Sean Johnstone and Cody Cooke. Good side but in my opinion a few too many youngsters to really push for the league. Some look very good and will develop with some more experience around them, maybe Bowks at his tender years makes up for having 2 or 3 older heads in? :yahoo:

Hope Cooke gets a crack at 1st team or "loaned" out as feel he may struggle to develop with that side. Thats in no way a dig at the players or staff at Truro 2's but the guy could go far I think playing with better players

Thanks Duncan- Sounds like a useful opening workout

I will probably trouble you again during the season.

Guest Monty

Thanks Duncs,

I thought it was a very good game and Town certainly looked the better side for the Majority of the match, I think you changed the game when you came on and that flying tackle was lovely too see, I made a school boy error by wearing new boots and also really tired at the moment with all the pre season training and my weekend activities with the Fire and rescue service. I was meant to referee your game tonight but had to pull out but Mr Knowles has kindly agreed to stand in. Catch you soon Mitchy. :smiley20: