Cornwall Football Forum

Illogan surely make the signing of the season!

Does the signing mean Illogan are going to apply for promotion? I have always wondered why there is no SWP team from the Redruth / Camborne area. Is enough interest in football to support a team in the SWP or are the locals obsessed with rugby?

Great signing for Illogan,

perhaps its the start of the combo league getting stronger as players are losing interest at travelling for football for bugger all money!

The combo league could go one of two ways, either get really weak with teams gaining promotion or which I feel is more likely to happen, get very strong in a couple of years, because players will be playing locally for the same money or no money as clubs in the SWL will run out!

The combo league could go one of two ways, either get really weak with teams gaining promotion or which I feel is more likely to happen, get very strong in a couple of years, because players will be playing locally for the same money or no money as clubs in the SWL will run out!

Perhaps should go back to having an all Cornish Semior League as per before the South Western League!!! :)

Great idea I think Dave!

Clubs need to realise that ambition is restricted due to money and geography!

have a Cornish Premier League and then the East and West under that, then the Junior Leagues. Would mean a very competitive Premier League and clubs would survive!

At the end of the day, the majority of clubs exist for the purpose of providing football for the community in which they reside!

Great idea I think Dave!

Clubs need to realise that ambition is restricted due to money and geography!

have a Cornish Premier League and then the East and West under that, then the Junior Leagues. Would mean a very competitive Premier League and clubs would survive!

At the end of the day, the majority of clubs exist for the purpose of providing football for the community in which they reside!

The travelling does'nt seem to affect Cornish rugby or Cornish ladies football. I wonder why.

Perhaps should go back to having an all Cornish Semior League as per before the South Western League!!! :)

Dave.

The Cornwall Senior League lasted till the end of the 1959-60 season.

It collapsed from 1 to 2 divisions as the season before 12 clubs broke away to form the Cornwall Combination League.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/A%20Brief%20History.htm

Everyone is assuming he is playing for our 1st team?

I think Mikey tapped him up to play 2nds in the new Trelawney League, he thinks its a new challenge that he will really relish. Playing 2nd team also makes him eligable to play sunday league now as well.

Might be tough in the Trelawny League this year.

I have heard that Ludgvan have picked up Gerran James from Pz, Ross Badcock and Ryan Holland from St Just, and Wade Brown, and the two Ramsey brothers from Pendeen.

Any truth in the above?

Cant play them all at once if they were senior players

lives down that way doesn't he Jamo??

As I say, great signing for Illogan and will hopefully encourage others of a similar standard to play in the combo league.

And Gareth you're up for Vets football this year as well

Dont say that Darren, Im the same age as him!!

same as me Gillo, turn Vet in January! hoping for a spell up front for the Vets showing my blistering pace over 10 yards

Ha ha I used to like you Darren. 33 not 43 mate why do you think I play Illogan 2nds I feel like a 21 year old, what with Wardy, Dazzy, J Bucks, Allan Bucks, Ryan Treloar all older than me its great.

CAT, playing in the same side as your son is taking the easy road, when I was 48 I played AGAINST my son, it was a 'one on one' situation, him or me, I went in full tilt thinking, he won't take his dad out, he did, I never felt pain like it in 35 years of football except for 20 years earlier when breaking my leg in 3 places.

I won the battle though scoring the winning goal in the last minute, he's still trying to live that down because he was the GOALKEEPER.

He still suffers 27 years later ................ I bet he regrets that tackle.

AND his mates remember it.